IGNORED

Crystal Castles - Crystal Castles ("III")

Joyrex

This is the one fucking group I enjoy every second of when I hear them and yet I never prioritize them for later listening. So I will stay on top of this release.

• 1 month later...

I'll look into this, I remember them getting a lot of hate around here but I think they're a fun group. Despite the waves of hipsters the live show last spring was pretty damn fun as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I know almost zilch about this band or their music. Something on my radar obviously picks up something that it doesn't agree with as I have known about them since their early days. Dunno why. Strange.

The radar always reads AVOID yet I have heard little of their music. Obviously I don't like the look of them or summat of that ilk.

Edited by beerwolf

I know almost zilch about this band or their music. Something on my radar obviously picks up something that it doesn't agree with as I have known about them since their early days. Dunno why. Strange.

The radar always reads AVOID yet I have heard little of their music. Obviously I don't like the look of them or summat of that ilk.

How about, y'know, having a listen and see if your feelings are grounded in reality or not? You might be missing out on good music (which you actually are, IMO).

This happened to me. I have listened them and must say that they sound better than it seems.

Edited by Wyern

• 2 weeks later...

tracklist out:

‎(III)

01 Plague

02 Kerosene

03 Wrath of God

04 Affection

05 Pale Flesh

06 Sad Eyes

07 Insulin

08 Transgender

09 Violent Youth

10 Telepath

11 Mercenary

12 Child I Will Hurt You

• 4 weeks later...

I think there was a minor scandal similar to the timbaland one, ripping off some lesser known 8bit artists track way back, or is this all in my head? Maybe it wasn't them. Anyway, ignored these hipsters for the longest, but it turns out they make good, sometimes great, music.

I'm correct, they also stole their cover art. I like this new track, although it sounds just like purity ring.

everything i know about this band is negative. including their muzik and fake attitude. i'm still waiting for when everyone realizes how fake they are

everything i know about this band is negative. including their muzik and fake attitude. i'm still waiting for when everyone realizes how fake they are

And you know this for certain because...?

Guest RadarJammer

I'm kind of surprised nobody here is talking about this one yet. I couldn't care less for the first two albums but CC III won my heart right away after first fighting my natural instincts to hate these guys. This album seems half finished but It's probably like that on purpose, it sounds really naive with sprinkles of accidental magic throughout. I think I might still hate these guys, but I'm also fascinated.

I think they seem about as smug and fake as an angst ridden youth band can be but they take fake and smug to such a height that it actually becomes charming in a way. A rare amalgamation of turds and silver.

Edited by RadarJammer

I'm kind of surprised nobody here is talking about this one yet. I couldn't care less for the first two albums but CC III won my heart right away after first fighting my natural instincts to hate these guys. This album seems half finished but It's probably like that on purpose, it sounds really naive with sprinkles of accidental magic throughout. I think I might still hate these guys, but I'm also fascinated.

I think they seem about as smug and fake as an angst ridden youth band can be but they take fake and smug to such a height that it actually becomes charming in a way. A rare amalgamation of turds and silver.

So you to have either spoken to them directly, or have seen interviews with them to formulate this opinion...?

Guest RadarJammer

Its an opinion based on the impression I get after soaking up the various media related to them and their history in magazines and on the internet. I'm not afraid to take a lie detector test if that's what you want. :emotawesomepm9:

Thank you, Gocab. Every time I hear someone talk about Crystal Castles I have to fight the urge to bring that shit up. I do not respect any band or artist who plagiarizes to that degree. Sampling? Great. Taking a whole song/piece of art and making money off of it without even giving credit to the creator? Evil. That is the most greedy, lazy, inconsiderate bullshit ever.

I'm sure everyone has that "I wish I had made that" feeling, but if you have integrity, you shake it off and try to make something better.

Also, I'm pretty sure that Crystal Castles has used at least 2 or 3 chiptunes from 8bitcollective, not just the one instance that's more widely publicized (although it clearly isn't well known enough)

Edited by ganus