IGNORED

Post Your Most Recent Picture

Joyrex

i found black lipstick (!) in walgreens (!!) in april (!!!) of 2013 (!!!!) so i had to recreate my livejournal picture from like 1999

kkm99Qi.jpg

woah cool! I think I need to find me some black lipstick (or maybe blue). Somehow I've been regressing back to my goth days lately. I never did the black lipstick though.

Guest Iain C

Got fucking injured in Turkey, here's my skull xray

ave2e9y7.jpg

Incidentally the hospital was really nice. It was private, but it only cost 200TL (about £80) to have my wounds dressed and my skull xrayed.

de7y6ata.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Guest Iain C

Basically I got a little too much sun yesterday, suffered some heatstroke, and spent the morning with severe vomiting and diarrhoea. At one point I gagged on the vom, my windpipe closed itself to stop me choking, and in the process cut off the oxygen supply, making me faint - I smacked my face on the shower and was bleeding like a fucker.

I came round to my girlfriend screaming. Apparently she thought i was dead - I have a heart condition anyway so I cold drop dead at any time. But I was okay, no fractures and only superficial cuts.

Yes, this is the second time that almost this exact injury has happened to me, but this time I wasn't even hungover. And this time I didn't need stitches.

I'd like to say that the Turks are some of the friendliest and most welcoming people I've met. My grandad lived in cyprus after the war, in what eventually became the Turkish zone, and he lived right by a military base. They used to invite us over for coffee all the time. The only downside was they'd all fire their guns into the sea at 9am each day. They also used to let my grandad walk and feed this vicious army dog.

Basically I'm well into the Turks. Hooray for the Turks. My host even offered to pay for my medical treatment and dropped everything to get me to the hospital.

Guest Iain C

Basically I got a little too much sun yesterday, suffered some heatstroke, and spent the morning with severe vomiting and diarrhoea. At one point I gagged on the vom, my windpipe closed itself to stop me choking, and in the process cut off the oxygen supply, making me faint - I smacked my face on the shower and was bleeding like a fucker.

I came round to my girlfriend screaming. Apparently she thought i was dead - I have a heart condition anyway so I cold drop dead at any time. But I was okay, no fractures and only superficial cuts.

Yes, this is the second time that almost this exact injury has happened to me, but this time I wasn't even hungover. And this time I didn't need stitches.

I'd like to say that the Turks are some of the friendliest and most welcoming people I've met. My grandad lived in cyprus after the war, in what eventually became the Turkish zone, and he lived right by a military base. They used to invite us over for coffee all the time. The only downside was they'd all fire their guns into the sea at 9am each day. They also used to let my grandad walk and feed this vicious army dog.

Basically I'm well into the Turks. Hooray for the Turks. My host even offered to pay for my medical treatment and dropped everything to get me to the hospital.

Guest Frankie5fingers

good to see ya doing ok. cant have watmm lose such a sexy brain.

Awesome story. Maybe you should direct your girlfriend to what might be a better protocol for making sure you are ok next time? It would be a shame if she was just watching you slip away.

Here is my skull.

xbhbGx7.jpg

Guest Iain C

Yeah, I've now taught her the basic ABC stuff for if she ever finds me unconscious again. But honestly, more for her peace of mind than anything else. I think she was more traumatised by the situation than I was. This is only the second time in as many years that I've fainted. And as for my heart condition, at the moment it's pretty low-risk - so my doctors tell me anyway - but it's something I'll need to keep an eye on as I get older. Although I did read an article this year about a woman who lost TWO boyfriends with the same condition within a couple of years, both young guys in their 20s or early 30s... but you know, that's a freak occurrence.

Basically, carpe diem etc.

Nice skull btw

Guest Frankie5fingers

It looks like you're really enjoying that jerky

is there any other way to enjoy jerky?