IGNORED

'Global Warming's Terrifying New Math'

autopilot

20 minutes ago, milkface said:

https://factcheck.afp.com/no-arctic-ice-cover-not-growing

A NASA spokesperson has previously spoken about how the images you posted are both altered as well as taken at different points of the year.

Nasa are in on it. For decades they rejected all talk of UFOs, but now.......post-TicTac, everyone is admitting "UAPs" exist and I actually watched a government hearing on it, so Nasa lied then, and continue to lie now. It's a government agency, with the ability to cover up a lot of stuff, that we would never know about.  Of course they're gonna deny it. They don't want to lose all that funding they get from the government. 

Edited by Fade Rhombus
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, zero said:

except it's not. humans are doing it. you, me, or anyone living in an air conditioned or heated structure are all contributing to climate change. the way the majority of people on the planet are living is far from natural. 

I suggest you click on this link:

https://www.un.org/en/climatechange/science/mythbusters?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7bay1oSUgQMV_jjUAR2ChgwyEAAYAiAAEgLux_D_BwE

I'm not denying climate change. I know it's happening. What I reject is that it's a climate "crisis". Did you notice they subtley changed the wording from crisis, to change ? When they say change, they aren't lying. It IS changing, but it does that on it's own, without our interference. There have been plenty of periods throughout history where it was warmer, despite them not having industrial revolutions in the Bronze age, or overpopulation. Its only getting warmer because we are coming out of a mini ice age where they had markets on the frozen Thames river etc......but that is not a "crisis". Warmer temperatures are actually much more beneficial to us than freezing temperatures. 

• Big Brain 1

12 minutes ago, Fade Rhombus said:

Warmer temperatures are actually much more beneficial to us than freezing temperatures. 

ok man. you believe in concepts not rooted in reality. fair enough. no use going further then.

and you know who says stuff like what you're saying here? this guy:

spacer.png

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Fade Rhombus said:

I'm not denying climate change. I know it's happening. What I reject is that it's a climate "crisis". Did you notice they subtley changed the wording from crisis, to change ? When they say change, they aren't lying. It IS changing, but it does that on it's own, without our interference. There have been plenty of periods throughout history where it was warmer, despite them not having industrial revolutions in the Bronze age, or overpopulation. Its only getting warmer because we are coming out of a mini ice age where they had markets on the frozen Thames river etc......but that is not a "crisis". Warmer temperatures are actually much more beneficial to us than freezing temperatures. 

what's it like inside the Black Lodge?

• Burger 1

27 minutes ago, zero said:

ok man. you believe in concepts not rooted in reality. fair enough. no use going further then.

and you know who says stuff like what you're saying here? this guy:

spacer.png

lol...it used to be the person who mentioned Hitler first had lost the argument. Is using Trump as the scapegoat the new thing now ?
I think for myself. I research for myself, and the whole Trump thing is not something i'm getting into, here, and with someone I don't know from a ham sandwich.
I'm responsible for my own choices and outcomes. You believe what you want, but I know this ends in taxes, and your taxes being taxed with more stealth taxes. If you choose to live in fear from people whose intention is to tax you to the absolute hilt, that's your choice.  Good luck. 

Edited by Fade Rhombus
  • Like 1
  • Burger 1

1 hour ago, Fade Rhombus said:

Nasa are in on it. For decades they rejected all talk of UFOs, but now.......post-TicTac, everyone is admitting "UAPs" exist and I actually watched a government hearing on it, so Nasa lied then, and continue to lie now. It's a government agency, with the ability to cover up a lot of stuff, that we would never know about.  Of course they're gonna deny it. They don't want to lose all that funding they get from the government. 

BDXDeZu_d.webp?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Fade Rhombus said:

I'm responsible for my own choices and outcomes. You believe what you want, but I know this ends in taxes, and your taxes being taxed with more stealth taxes. If you choose to live in fear from people whose intention is to tax you to the absolute hilt, that's your choice.  Good luck. 

cool. we for sure all have choices to make. and these choices we make today will absolutely affect outcomes further down the line. what matters to me at least, is I view reality as objectively as possible. try not to get swayed by all these online "experts" preaching utter nonsense. it sure sounds like to me you have been swayed by some online propaganda. so I'd ask - are you really thinking for yourself? or parroting ideas you've been exposed to and have latched on to as truths...when they are really not. 

after all, there is only 1 version of reality. 1 version of the "truth." there are no alternative facts. alternative beliefs of what is actually happening are purely subjective misinterpretations of reality. they are opinions, not facts. delusions fed to you through your ego / left brain interpreter. it is 100% FACT that humans are causing the planet to suffer. if you can't realize this, or feel it without a doubt, then no point in trying to make any further argument here.

and not sure how taxes come into play in this discussion...I too dislike them, but accept them as a necessary evil nonetheless.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, zero said:

and not sure how taxes come into play in this discussion

GREedy naSa playInG the GoveRNmenT lIKe a FiDDLe To GeT ALL thoSe tAx DOLLARS! IsN'T iT ObVioUs? [looks at military budget] 

and don't forget about the god damned solar panel and wind turbine industries with their hands out looking for subsidies and a big payday [looks at 100 years of fossil fuel industry subsidies and road/hwy construction all over the USA]

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

[looks at military budget] 

lol yeah this. heard a lot of arguments against global warming/climate change/climate crisis over the years but 'America is doing it for taxes' is a new one to me. ludicrous.

in general, there's a TON of data out there. a lot of it is very intense, as in you have to really deeply understand the science to grasp how important/accurate the data is. a lot of the data can seem to contradict, to suggest against, etc...local climates vs global climates, limited data, huge swathes of time in which the planet was colder or hotter, etc. i can understand people reading a few things and being overwhelmed and wanting to go to a source that clears everything up...but that's just not possible, and any ONE source going 'ok, climate crisis isn't real' or 'ok, climate crisis is real' is to be looked at skeptically. but when you've got an OVERWHELMING majority of nearly every related science field in nearly ever corner of the globe all looking into things from their areas of expertise and nearly everyone is agreeing that...yeah, shit's changing far quicker than it should, it seems very unnatural, and our best assessments of all of this point to it being directly in relation to humanity's industrialization/growing population/carbon emissions/etc. over the last ~150 years....that makes far more sense to think they're probably onto something than there's a vast conspiracy of literally millions of scientists all coordinated so that...America can ...raise their taxes? like, um. what? nonsensical.

if you don't buy this, look at the ozone layer thing. that was essentially a small scale 'climate crisis'. lots of scientists from a variety of disciplines came together and went 'oh, shit it sure looks like this hairspray ingredient is causing a fucking environmental disaster up in the stratosphere' and they went to each other, confirmed as best they could, then raised alarm bells with govs/the public. govs and the public did some regulations, adapted, and things got better, and even quicker than expected iirc. that could/should have been the test run for the larger climate issue, but this involves a lot more money and powerful people and so it's stalling everywhere.

and to the original note of 'nature/Earth heals and regulates itself' ...this is often true. however, if things change too drastically too quickly, the healing and regulating forces (just accidental domino effects, really) don't have time enough to adapt to such vast changes and shit could easily spiral out of control. you can look to the many, many, many eras of geological time when there were spirals that went out of control, even when much of them were happening at a MUCH slower rate than we're seeing now. 

no one knows what's going to happen, no. no one is certain that they're 100% correct. no one is predicting the future. but everything sure looks like it's getting worse, and potentially getting BAD. at some point things may get so bad that there's no coming back (re: slowing the damage enough to allow for natural mitigation of our blunders).

Edited by auxien
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Fade Rhombus said:

Yes there is global warming, but only because we're coming out of an unnatural mini-ice age. It's not a crisis.

the rate of change is different. it's not that. there's nothing mysterious about greenhouse gases or their impact. the observations match the predictions. greenhouse gas causes warming. it's not remotely controversial.

13 hours ago, Fade Rhombus said:

industries for the greedy and the avaricious to make bank on. Its all lies and deception.

it sounds like you would be really unhappy to learn about the most powerful industry in history, oil, and the deceptions they trick or pay people to spread...

since you're so interested in the arctic ice extent, here: 

Graph of September average sea ice extent in the Arctic from 1979-2022

i am informing you that the most recent image you posted (on the last page) is misleading because it compares the minimum ice extent for one year with an image that is not at the minimum extent of another year, 2017. it seems like the only people who would put a comparison like that out are people intending to mislead. here's 2017:

Arctic_seaicemin_2017_HD1920x1080.gif

why are you posting so much inaccurate information that is so easy to disprove? and where are you getting information that is so basically wrong? it's honestly hard to be mistaken on such simple things as whether or not greenhouse gas causes warming, and whether or not the arctic minimum ice extent is shrinking dramatically. 

Edited by trying to be less rude
  • Like 2

did you all hear that the climate change lobby and green energy people are the new THEY?

they're out to get your tax money and control the world with the end goal of making the air breathable and the water drinkable! 

how long have they been in control?????? [looks around at... everything]

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ignatius said:

did you all hear that the climate change lobby and green energy people are the new THEY?

they're out to get your tax money and control the world with the end goal of making the air breathable and the water drinkable! 

how long have they been in control?????? [looks around at... everything]

those people should be the example for "Useful Idiots" in the dictionary.

I feel like in the history books, this period of time will be known for issues such as Climate Change that could have been mitigated, but weren't due to dumb people who were puppeteered by  greedy people for their own gains. I really do hope future generations somehow gain the mental tools needed to see through things like Climate change denial. I think it starts and ends in the classroom. People need more skill in understanding abstract concepts, and in understanding good evidence verses bad evidence ( anecdotal evidence, basic fallacies, etc )

Looking at statistics now though, the change isn't as drastic as it needs to be: https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2021/05/26/key-findings-how-americans-attitudes-about-climate-change-differ-by-generation-party-and-other-factors/

Edited by Brisbot
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Brisbot said:

those people should be the example for "Useful Idiots" in the dictionary.

I feel like in the history books, this period of time will be known for issues such as Climate Change that could have been mitigated, but weren't due to dumb people who were puppeteered by  greedy people for their own gains. I really do hope future generations somehow gain the mental tools needed to see through things like Climate change denial.

it's interesting.. but, thinking about being in my 20s and discovering things like noam chomsky and good investigative journalism and all the stories about 800,000 people arrested every year for simple weed possession etc.. and then being like 40 and thinking "JFC we're still doing all this shit".. and then finally seeing weed become legal in many states in the USA and thinking we're finally getting there and federally we'll have a law to make it legal in the whole country.. then reading stories about states doing dumb shit and pushing things in the other direction... ugh.. 

or seeing the obvious necessity of good public transportation and well funded schools or seeing some backwards fucked up shit somewhere and seeing how much it harms people daily and is corrosive to the good ol USA and wondering when the fuck are people gonna get it together and make pragmatic solutions to problems that make society so much better.. instead of punishing people by privatizing more and more things... ugh.. and i think.. i hope we're all on the same page about all the things a reasonable non-fear based non-wacko religion based culture/society would do and i hope it's better sooner rather than later.. but then we see people rolling coal with huge flags on their stupid truck because small pp and it just screams of an ingrained dogmatic stubborn stupidity in so many hearts and minds in this country that i don't know wtf it's going to be like for future generations.. .

that's a jumbled up mess but i hope the vibe of it came across. i thought, by now, as a country/culture, we'd have a figured out a lot more already and gotten our shit together.

it's strange that fear of fascism is a very real mainstream thing here.. and that people/the media try to normalize/both sides actual fucking nazis

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, ignatius said:

it's interesting.. but, thinking about being in my 20s and discovering things like noam chomsky and good investigative journalism and all the stories about 800,000 people arrested every year for simple weed possession etc.. and then being like 40 and thinking "JFC we're still doing all this shit".. and then finally seeing weed become legal in many states in the USA and thinking we're finally getting there and federally we'll have a law to make it legal in the whole country.. then reading stories about states doing dumb shit and pushing things in the other direction... ugh.. 

or seeing the obvious necessity of good public transportation and well funded schools or seeing some backwards fucked up shit somewhere and seeing how much it harms people daily and is corrosive to the good ol USA and wondering when the fuck are people gonna get it together and make pragmatic solutions to problems that make society so much better.. instead of punishing people by privatizing more and more things... ugh.. and i think.. i hope we're all on the same page about all the things a reasonable non-fear based non-wacko religion based culture/society would do and i hope it's better sooner rather than later.. but then we see people rolling coal with huge flags on their stupid truck because small pp and it just screams of an ingrained dogmatic stubborn stupidity in so many hearts and minds in this country that i don't know wtf it's going to be like for future generations.. .

that's a jumbled up mess but i hope the vibe of it came across. i thought, by now, as a country/culture, we'd have a figured out a lot more already and gotten our shit together.

it's strange that fear of fascism is a very real mainstream thing here.. and that people/the media try to normalize/both sides actual fucking nazis

Yes it seems that despite 'progress' and 'time', people are people no matter how advanced technology gets. I often have to remind myself how subjective reality is to many people. The mind constructs reality thru the senses, values and beliefs and seems in many people will show them the reality they want to see and not the real one. To conservatives, all the weird BS they believe in is VERY REAL. In the least they FEEL it's real, and mistake that for the real thing. It's as real and obvious  as climate change is to us. Mentally we are having very different experiences day to day than these people.

We wonder why they can't see the writing on the wall. Perhaps they are incapable of seeing it? If you are brought up to conform to 'conservative standards' I wonder how much their minds will 'twist' their thoughts to always land on  upholding their right-wing beliefs, ignoring evidence to the contrary. I swear my conservative family only pick up on 'signs' they want to pick up on. It's 120 degrees outside? Summer is always hot! There was a summer 100 years ago that was almost as hot as this one in some other country! Fox news said it, which is the only halfway decent news channel. Unless Trump says otherwise of course.

When they look at Trump on TV, they see a Giga-Chad, and we see a large orange cheeto. To them he is a man's man sent from heaven and chosen by God to liberate humanity from the woke liberals who want to turn you, your children, and the frogs gay. To us, he is very clearly a slime ball narcissist who knows he controls a cult, and if he hadn't grown up with a silver spoon in his mouth, and was more intelligent, would probably be a full-on dictator like Hitler. We're lucky he is as dumb as he is.

Edited by Brisbot
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

massive floods + failed dam. possibly 20,000 dead. fucking hell. 

the canadian wild fires released more carbon than all the other sources in canada combined for 1 year. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Sad 1

https://www.reuters.com/sustainability/boards-policy-regulation/california-sues-oil-giants-downplaying-risks-posed-by-fossil-fuels-nyt-2023-09-16/

The state of California has sued major oil companies including Exxon Mobil Corp (XOM.N), Shell PLC (SHEL.L), and Chevron Corp (CVX.N), accusing them of playing down the risks posed by fossil fuels, according to a court filing on Friday.

The lawsuit, which also targets BP (BP.L) and ConocoPhillips (COP.N), alleges the energy giants' actions have caused tens of billions of dollars in damages and accuses them of deceiving the public, the filing in a superior court in San Francisco showed.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, auxien said:

his channel is pretty great, well worth checking diving in

yeah.. lot's of good stuff and crossover episodes with other youtubers. 

been subscribed for a while. his stuff about USA suburbs is good. generally adds just enough wtf humor and some positive spin to not be doomer all the time. 

• Like 2