IGNORED

strange or nasty habits

keltoi

I have a pretty severe obsession with numbers myself.

On the mild side, I use an online coin flipper to decide certain things. And more seriously I do enjoy using the I-Ching, which isn't particularly strange.

However, I do have issue with numbers of all sorts, which can easily cause me disturbance or make me change my mind. I use numbers to guide my decisions to a certain extent. For example, if it 1:00 I consider that a YES, if it is 2:00 I consider that a NO. And this is the basic level, with combinations sometimes I'll add up the numbers until they reach a 1 digit number, and use that as my reference, or multiply in order to reach more preferable numbers. It's not good though because sometimes it becomes an obsession and I can't get anything done.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to check whether numbers on license plates were multiples of 3. I don't do this much anymore.

i have a strange thing with an obsession with the number 9..

Yeah, 9 is how it started for me, too, when I learned how easy it is to figure out whether a number is a multiple of 9. Then I figured out the same was true more generally for 3. I still often think of numbers in terms of 3 "offset", whether it's 0, 1, or 2 (or -1 if you like).

I'm also good at quickly figuring out what coins to provide in order to get quarters back. Probably came from cashiering.

I used to check whether numbers on license plates were multiples of 3. I don't do this much anymore.

i have a strange thing with an obsession with the number 9..

Yeah, 9 is how it started for me, too, when I learned how easy it is to figure out whether a number is a multiple of 9. Then I figured out the same was true more generally for 3. I still often think of numbers in terms of 3 "offset", whether it's 0, 1, or 2 (or -1 if you like).

I'm also good at quickly figuring out what coins to provide in order to get quarters back. Probably came from cashiering.

oh snap

*promises self to only be obsessed with 9*

@Keltoi in regards to question at beginning of thread.

Not anymore. I was a gross kid I suppose.

Also as a kid I used to move my finders and hands frantically, especially while playing with toys or thinking of such things. Same with listening to music. Some kinda spastic habit I suppose. I was self-aware enough to not do this in front of peers or in public. Only a handful of people have seen me do it, family members, close roommates, and my wife. Until now I've never really told anyone.

While I don't do this in particular, I rock back and forth while listening to music or involuntarily if I'm stressed. I also hid it from most people. I think only my family members (my brother also does this), my girlfriend, and a highschool friend who also did it are all I've done it in front of.

I've been told both of these things are traits of Asperger's, but does not necessarily mean you're an aspie. I know I'm not, but my brother is.

I'm so on your wavelength on that one, except that I collect my scalp flakes in a little jar labled: "scalp flakes"

I collect all my toe and fingernail clippings in jars respectably labled.

I also collect fallen pubic hairs and put them in a jar labled: "fallen pubic hairs"

On new years eve, by myself in my shack, I grind up my collected body materials into a powder, which I place in a small urn labled: "essence of I, [year]"

I do this every year.

photo-3270.gif?_r=1344295624

Okay, so, can someone please explain what it means when you post someone's avatar in response to something they say?

I should know, but I don't.

I'm so on your wavelength on that one, except that I collect my scalp flakes in a little jar labled: "scalp flakes"

I collect all my toe and fingernail clippings in jars respectably labled.

I also collect fallen pubic hairs and put them in a jar labled: "fallen pubic hairs"

On new years eve, by myself in my shack, I grind up my collected body materials into a powder, which I place in a small urn labled: "essence of I, [year]"

I do this every year.

photo-3270.gif?_r=1344295624

Okay, so, can someone please explain what it means when you post someone's avatar in response to something they say?

I should know, but I don't.

it means you should imagine the avatar saying what the post said meow

I fold my earlobes over and put them in my ears. If my ears are cold, I almost have to do it; like I'll stop songs and take off my headphones, it's really annoying. And I'll also pinch my earlobes between the cruxes of my fingers. Also, sometimes I feel a need to step a number of times equal to an exponent of two in each segment of a sidewalk or between cracks on a path and always end on my right foot, but this is apparently somewhat normal.

i used to use q-tips like 3 times a day, horrible habit. i forced myself to not buy anymore then i was able to stop after like a year of it

now i just smoke disgusting amounts of weed and pick my nose

but if we're honest what man doesn't ever pick his nose? it's necessary

Guest Frankie5fingers

Also as a kid I used to move my finders and hands frantically, especially while playing with toys or thinking of such things. Same with listening to music. Some kinda spastic habit I suppose. I was self-aware enough to not do this in front of peers or in public. Only a handful of people have seen me do it, family members, close roommates, and my wife. Until now I've never really told anyone.

While I don't do this in particular, I rock back and forth while listening to music or involuntarily if I'm stressed. I also hid it from most people. I think only my family members (my brother also does this), my girlfriend, and a highschool friend who also did it are all I've done it in front of.

i do both of these actually. sometimes pretty aggressively too. at first i would shake my hands a little bit due to excitement. but then it actually started to get worse. i get these "energy surges," for a lack of a better word, and i need to shake em out. when im in public ill rock back and forth instead of shake my hands or, something that i found to help these "energy surges," tap a rhythm with my feet. if i think of a song or am listening to music and i tap the beat i find that it calms me down and it doesn't look weird in public.

i do both of these actually. sometimes pretty aggressively too. at first i would shake my hands a little bit due to excitement. but then it actually started to get worse. i get these "energy surges," for a lack of a better word, and i need to shake em out. when im in public ill rock back and forth instead of shake my hands or, something that i found to help these "energy surges," tap a rhythm with my feet. if i think of a song or am listening to music and i tap the beat i find that it calms me down and it doesn't look weird in public.

my best friend does that too. he listens to speedcore and does super fast finger movements to the beat

I blow snot rockets. I need to work on my aim though.

yeah when done right it's a pretty awesome skill.

I wonder if setting up a shooting gallery of empty beer cans at about 3 metres would be good practice. Also, the drier the air the better, so boogers can get rock hard.

I'm compelled to hum and match the tone of airplanes/lawnmowers/generators/leaf blowers/etc.

Same. I'll whistle if it's too high pitched. If there are high and low components, I'll try to hum & whistle simultaneously, which I can't really do but it's a nice feeling. I do this almost immediately/reflexively when hearing these sounds, almost like responding to speech.

Guest Frankie5fingers

sometimes when im completely alone i talk to myself like im talking to other people.....and i give each persona a different voice. almost always one of them will have a demonic voice.

also, something really recent that ive started doing is saying Waka Waka, just whenever and for no given reason.

I tap out rhythms too while I'm at work or another public place, since it's the least obnoxious (hopefully), yet most satisfying way to occupy my time.

sometimes when im completely alone i talk to myself like im talking to other people.....and i give each persona a different voice. almost always one of them will have a demonic voice.

also, something really recent that ive started doing is saying Waka Waka, just whenever and for no given reason.

very much the same for me in both your sentances. I talk to myself a lot and have different voices (though thankfuly not the demonic one lol), I sometimes wonder if I'm schizophrenic or fucking crazy, but I've talked to myself since a very young child and I know its a result of an overactive imagination and nothing sinister. I used to create all kinds of weird and wonderful worlds in my head and I would wake up in the morning and with the pillow as a sponge sucking all the pictures out of my brain go on very weird and loud trips (shouting and expressing myself), my parents who were real decent folk wasn't worried by this behaviour, I guess they viewed it as childlike oddity. At a young age I discovered listening to music would intensify my journeys within my head so I would listen for hours to music and just go on weird and wonderful travels as the music dictated. I would go for hours in trance like states, sitting on the side of the bed moving from side to side, going on personal, private missions of everything under the sun. I have never spoken about this to anyone for obvious reasons, as most people would think I'm a total fruit loop. This went on well into my late twenties, nowdays its faded a lot and instead of sitting on my bed going into trances I just go cycling but still sink into these private universes in my imagination. Far out man.

Archived