IGNORED

strange or nasty habits

keltoi

- serious nosepicking. any available opportunity. I can't stand one single half-formed booger hanging out in there. for this reason I have clear nasal passages even when I have a cold.

- nose, ear, and eyebrow hair pulling. for the nose, with tweezers when available - FUCK YES on the eye watering, it's so painful but satisfying. I still need to figure out how to do this with my ears as my ear hair is starting to drive me bonkers.

- cuticle nibbling. I stopped biting my nails a few years ago when I got sick of having jagged/bloody nails.

- I do still occasionally bite my toenails, though. yes, toenails.

- excavating debris from under fingernails with teeth.

- navel lint picking. shit STANKS, BAD.

- fairly intensive in-shower butthole cleaning

- scalp scratching - I was picking large chunks/flakes out for a while. it had turned into kind of a problem. I don't do that much anymore.

- smoothing/absorbing ear grease with fingertips

- frequently sniff-testing all articles of clothing, sometimes while I'm still wearing them

...I think I win?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

aye i'm no sado but i like this pain. i like the big chunky black ones that come out with the roots on and get the eyes watering.

Same here with the nose hair plucking.

I get white ones in my nose occasionally. There's always a white eyebrow that grows into. Actually, name I'm pretty sure I have one white hair reppin' all over regions of my body.

Used to peel my nails instead of clipping them in elementary school, though now the thought alone freaks me out. Also peeled paint off old school desks as an alternative.

Also as a kid I used to move my finders and hands frantically, especially while playing with toys or thinking of such things. Same with listening to music. Some kinda spastic habit I suppose. I was self-aware enough to not do this in front of peers or in public. Only a handful of people have seen me do it, family members, close roommates, and my wife. Until now I've never really told anyone.

Also as a kid I used to move my finders and hands frantically, especially while playing with toys or thinking of such things. Same with listening to music.

Absolutely disgusting.

Also as a kid I used to move my finders and hands frantically, especially while playing with toys or thinking of such things. Same with listening to music.

Absolutely disgusting.

lol I wrote "finders" instead of fingers, but that really makes no change in how the sentence sounds

my (not all that) strange habits are hair-removal based...

i pull my nose hair out with my fingers by pinching and yanking. sometimes i pull them out in clumps. i think i actually quite enjoy it.

i remove unsightly ear hairs by burning them off with a lighter. i don't want to look like this now do i...

28.jpg

edit - i just found out that you can actually buy an electric nose & ear hair trimmer. wow.

and i also like to baby-wipe my bumhole clean at least once a week (as well as showering of course) which i've mentioned here before somewhere.

good christ, we are brothers

I plug my ears by pushing up on the lobes when I feel inner itching. I'm afraid to actually insert anything in my ear though because of risk of inner ear infection and inflammation.

Other than that, I remember dragging my ass on the edge of a chair in elementary school when I was a kid. Kicked that habit a long time ago though.

I used to put things in my foreskin. When I had one. Probably still would. If I had one.

Kakapo, what happened to your foreskin?

I pick my nose, especially if I've partaken in insufflation the night before.

Sometimes you get ones that are practically a mould of the inside of your nose, they're really satisfying to get out and play with for a while.

I always look at the toilet paper after a wipe, but I don't really get people who don't.

Wetwipes after every excavation that takes place in my own home.

Guest Frankie5fingers

you shove scissors in your ears!?

I meant to write screwdrivers. The little ones like this:

600-0L.jpg

yeah, cause thats much better. lol

Oh yeah I used to scrape my ear with a Nintendo DS stylus

same, though i think just about anyone with a DS has done it at some point or another.

it's kind of amazing to me that there was a time in my life where I would try to hide my nose picking.

actually, if someone entered and caught me doing it I would feel ashamed. what hilarious feelings to remember.

nowadays i just do it as needed, not really in public though but it's really all in the attitude... you can pick your nose in public as long as you do it with a certain flair that is kind of hard to describe in writing.

my bad habit is chewing on water bottle caps.

i chew on pens & pencils, even other peoples. i've been known to take a pencil from a lab partner, point it at something, and then put it in my mouth with a satisfied demeanor as if it's a cigar. i should probably just take up smoking cigars.

i'll eat food even if it gets pretty damn dirty. just needs to be wiped off, and maybe rinsed if that's doable. working in demolition/salvage for a few years kinda skews your idea of what "dirty" means

i definitely pick at my ears. Qtips and all.

I know ill go deaf, its worth it. Sometimes if you angle the qtip/sharp object just right the feeling is better than sex.

i was driving with my cousin a long time ago and her friend, we stopped at a red and her friend goes to the guy in the car next to us who was picking his nose: "you got it !?"

laughs were had.

i pick my cuticles too. the skin around my nails is all calloused. nailpolish helps prevent picking 4 me.

i have dandruff and love to rub and massage my scalp and produce a snowfall of skin flakes

I'm so on your wavelength on that one, except that I collect my scalp flakes in a little jar labled: "scalp flakes"

I collect all my toe and fingernail clippings in jars respectably labled.

I also collect fallen pubic hairs and put them in a jar labled: "fallen pubic hairs"

On new years eve, by myself in my shack, I grind up my collected body materials into a powder, which I place in a small urn labled: "essence of I, [year]"

I do this every year.

I'm so on your wavelength on that one, except that I collect my scalp flakes in a little jar labled: "scalp flakes"

I collect all my toe and fingernail clippings in jars respectably labled.

I also collect fallen pubic hairs and put them in a jar labled: "fallen pubic hairs"

On new years eve, by myself in my shack, I grind up my collected body materials into a powder, which I place in a small urn labled: "essence of I, [year]"

I do this every year.

photo-3270.gif?_r=1344295624

I count the syllables of every sentence I hear. And every sentence I think. I count them on my fingers from my thumb to my pinky and back. And it's always in rhythm like drum beats. Sometimes I repeat the same sentence over and over and over. And sometimes I skip over certain fingers to make a perfect pattern that begins and ends at either my thumb or my pinky. It's really satisfying.

I've got a nervous habit where I play with my pant leg when I'm talking to the person through the speaker at a drive through... I can't stop it...

And for some reason when I'm at home studying and really concentrating I pull out my chest hairs one by one... =/

All my habits are either strange or nasty. I don't have any good ones lol.

As for pulling out your nose hair and revelling in the pain I worked with a geezer who used to do this all the time. He used to get handfuls of the stuff and yank it out letting out big sighs of agony/ecstasy. He'd do it in front of anyone loving every second of it. I have nose hair but don't enjoy the sharp pain so I use technology to remove mine (garden shears).

Archived