IGNORED

Moving to Portland :)

Guest weed

Guest Frankie5fingers

whats with all the hate on Portland? its got....you know...that one thing. and then its got...something else........

screw it, i cant even defend it. Portland's got nothing.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I apologize for hating Portland. I was in a sour mood everyday all the time and I hated Portland because it sounds like there are a lot of "hipper than thou" types living there, which for me, as one who "borders on being a nerd" - sounds pretty sour.

Check out Powell books and the pizza place across the street. The rei store is huge and pretty cool on the inside.

If you drive out to the coast and south a bit you'll find Oswald west state park, which is one of my favorite places in the whole country. I have a lot of pictures but I'm on my phone right now.

I'm moving to lake oswego right outside of portland. The thing I'm most excited about...to get away from this year long summer.

let's see how you feel after living away from southern california for a couple years. you're not headed to the plains or anything, but that "year long summer" is pretty appealing after you've been away from it for a while.

i can say with certainty that the 'hipster' accusation in regards to Portland is accurate, but from my brief time there it seems like a far more authentic form of hipsterdom than in San Francisco, which deserves the title next to Brooklyn for possibly the worst cultural vacuum in the united states.

the last time i went out in SF it was at a demdike stare show and there was what appeared to be a 22 year old asian male with 3 female companions. He leaned over to us several times to ask 'who is this? this shit's weird!' and then when Demdike ended the set with a 20 minute long bass rumble he leaned over and said 'hey this band? who are they? they really know how to tickle the vagina'

^ last time i was in portland i was wearing a plaid shirt, because it was cold, and that is what is good to wear in the cold, and out of the blue a dude in the bar directly asked me if i was trying to be ironic or was i just not aware that nobody legitimately wears those anymore or blah blah blah

it was december, and i mean, i was just wearing a long sleeved shirt. he was wearing a v neck t shirt and said he was a film maker, so i went outside. :cisfor:

portland :cerious:

Archived