IGNORED

Ambient films

Alcofribas

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guest pixelives

Zidane is great. There's a lot of films like this in the contemporary art world. A lot are crap but there are some gems, as well.

A guy I know interviewed Chuck Norris for a movie preview. This really happened.

Guy: Chuck, what's it like to know that you can kick the ass of anyone you meet?

Chuck: (Pause) You know, it's comforting.

A guy I know interviewed Chuck Norris for a movie preview. This really happened.

Guy: Chuck, what's it like to know that you can kick the ass of anyone you meet?

Chuck: (Pause) You know, it's comforting.

haha, awesome!

Stalker (probably the definition of a 'ambient film')

Blade Runner

Waltz With Bashir

There Will Be Blood

Apocalypse Now (towards the ending)

Pans Labyrint

Not sure will qualify all these as ambient films (except Stalker). But they all have quieter/slower atmosphere building scenes. As far as I remember.

Five Dedicated to Ozu by Abbas Kiarostami.

Picked this up on DVD recently but haven't watched it yet.

Pretty much seems to be Kitten Party for the highbrow arty type:

Five sequences : 1) A piece of driftwood on the seashore, carried about by the waves 2) People walking on the seashore. The oldest ones stop by, look at the sea, then go away 3) Blurry shapes on a winter beach. A herd of dogs. A love story 4) A group of loud ducks cross the image, in one direction then the other 5) A pond, at night. Frogs improvising a concert. A storm, then the sunrise.

http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0409965/

Archived