IGNORED

Max/MSP

Adieu

1 hour ago, d-a-m-o said:

Based on what ? 

It has much bigger compability with operating systems. You can even use it on Raspberry Pi.
You can also create your own hardware controllers, synthesizers etc.. 
PD works with hardware synths like Norns, Organelle, Many eurorack modules like Rebel Technolygy, Befaco etc..

I heard also other arguments on how structures of the sources within Max was more locked in a specific way than PD (This long argument I remember reading from 1 user in a forum but I can't seem to find the comment right now, excuse me for that.) 

I Also heard some say it is smoother for making music faster on the go. 

Not try to make any battle here.. I just telling u what experienced users of both programs have told me. 

I still doing instruments in Max but I sample it for using in DAW later. I can't manage to create a DAW's inside Max for now.. To complicated for my brain. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, cern said:

It has much bigger compability with operating systems. You can even use it on Raspberry Pi.
You can also create your own hardware controllers, synthesizers etc.. 
PD works with hardware synths like Norns, Organelle, Many eurorack modules like Rebel Technolygy, Befaco etc..

I heard also other arguments on how structures of the sources within Max was more locked in a specific way than PD (This long argument I remember reading from 1 user in a forum but I can't seem to find the comment right now, excuse me for that.) 

I Also heard some say it is smoother for making music faster on the go. 

Not try to make any battle here.. I just telling u what experienced users of both programs have told me. 

I still doing instruments in Max but I sample it for using in DAW later. I can't manage to create a DAW's inside Max for now.. To complicated for my brain. 

Yeah I'm just asking because usually, skilled PD users tend to switch to Max (I guess because of the pretty look and the stability of Max , obviously, there's probably other reasons) First example that come to mind is Synalegg (but maybe he's still using PD in parallel ?) you can also use RNBO on Raspberry Pi.

• Like 1

Synalegg has fully switched to Max FWIW.
RNBO is neat, even if you're a vanilla Max user like me : exporting your abstractions to its own object is really handy, and I believe more CPU optimized.
And M4L ❤️

Max has incredible documentation included, that's also a deciding factor IMO if one must choose. I suppose the user community for both PD and Max is equally eager to share knowledge.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Nil said:

Synalegg has fully switched to Max FWIW.
RNBO is neat, even if you're a vanilla Max user like me : exporting your abstractions to its own object is really handy, and I believe more CPU optimized.
And M4L ❤️

Max has incredible documentation included, that's also a deciding factor IMO if one must choose. I suppose the user community for both PD and Max is equally eager to share knowledge.

Don't think i have ever encountered better documentation with anything

• Like 1