4. One Thing (Feat. Jenna Andrews)
5. Flower
6. Swallowing Smoke
7. Without You (Feat. Kerry Leatham)
8. Straight Over My Head
9. Dance (Feat. Astrid Williamson)
10. The Dead Sea
11. Walking Words
12. O E A (Feat. Kerry Leatham) (Tape Outro)
Bonus
13. Operate

RhrNs.jpg

source

https://soundcloud.com/lapalux/guuurl

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Really rated the 1st ep, although the 2nd didn't blow me away quite as much.

The track on the video sounds very good to me though, a lot more sparse and strangely quite emotional. Definitely looking forward to the album.

• 4 weeks later...

Discovered this through bleep and really like it! The first half is awesome, kinda gets jumbled toward the end and some of the male vocals aren't the best, but still very chill. The RnBness reminds me of Holy Other...

Discovered this through bleep and really like it! The first half is awesome, kinda gets jumbled toward the end and some of the male vocals aren't the best, but still very chill. The RnBness reminds me of Holy Other...

Yeah the vocals at the start of the last track are actually really painful - I had to edit that bit out. There are some really good tracks there though; add a couple of tracks from the EPs, drop 'walking words' (not keen on that at all) and you've got a really solid sixty minute album.

• 3 months later...
Guest murphythecat8

Contains some of the best 2013 songs ive heard.

its a highly appreciable record. Lapalux is improving, interesting style

Guest active galaxies

Really one of the better records of the year, with some top-notch sound design, I'm surprised it's not had more discussion on here.

It did kinda fly under the radar here.

This album is actually quite frustrating. It had the potential to be one of the year's best if he had of kept the momentum going from the 1st half. When I 1st heard it and the beat kicked in on the 1st track, I was like damn this is going to be in my 2013 top 10 for sure. "Swallowing Smoke" is an amazing track and then it just dies after that. Tracks 7-12 are a mess and the singing on the last track is laughably bad.

Guest murphythecat8

yeah, lapalux never pull off a whole record top notch imo, and seriously to put things in perspective, theres not a lot of artist who ever do. Theres a good enough bunch of great songs here and I kinda like the second half also but im a sucker for that kind of emotional eectronica. its definitely the best record to date from lapalux.

• 3 years later...

Archived