IGNORED

Drane 2 or Nuane?

lumpenprol

Drane2 by miles and miles and miles and miles

It's pretty much perfect. And I love Nuane.

It's that bit when the main horn sorta sound is reduced to sounding like bells submerged in custard. Gets me every time, so beautiful.

Sublimit is the ultimate ending track but out of this 2 Drane 2.

Really? I think Sublimit might actually be below average for an Autechre closer - probably about level with 19 Headaches. And I'd only put Nuane at par or slightly above. Drane 2 is just too frilly and aimless as a closer imo, but a hair better than Sublimit.

Much as I disliked Oversteps as an album, I thought Yuop was a great closer, one of their best. A lot like Teartear but with a steady tempo.

(Please note I am not talking about these as tracks in and of themselves. I just mean as closers. These are all great tracks in their own ways.)

Sublimit is the ultimate ending track but out of this 2 Drane 2.

Really? I think Sublimit might actually be below average for an Autechre closer - probably about level with 19 Headaches. And I'd only put Nuane at par or slightly above. Drane 2 is just too frilly and aimless as a closer imo, but a hair better than Sublimit.

Much as I disliked Oversteps as an album, I thought Yuop was a great closer, one of their best. A lot like Teartear but with a steady tempo.

(Please note I am not talking about these as tracks in and of themselves. I just mean as closers. These are all great tracks in their own ways.)

Yes they're all good as closers but that last 4-5 min of Sublimit and the melody at the end of it just washes everything 'heavy' that was going on on Untilted leaving me fresh and peaceful... just fakn brilliant!

1. Sublimit

2. Nuane

3. Drane2

God, I'm posting more and more in these "whats ur fav" threads. Exai needs to come now.

If you're going to do that, then I'll see your Sublimit, and raise by a CapIV!

1. Sublimit

2. Nuane

3. Drane2

4. Cap IV

let's see, will a champion of Lentic Catechresis rise from the depths?

Yeah, actually Cap.IV is probably their best closer. Draun Quarter is good too but kind of boring after a while.

Shit! Totally forgot about Cap. iv.

As a closer, yes - Cap. iv probably wins first place, even though it was part of only a three-track EP. Almost think we ought to have an "Ae Closing Tracks Competition" thread.

Archived