IGNORED

Ultrademon - Seapunk

eh Speedy

Looks like someone added colors to a Tool cover.

I think Albert may like psychedelics. Could be wrong... but that artwork just screams 'RESEARCH CHEMICALS'

I do think its nice to see a little more flashy cover art/artwork. Looks like someone put a lot of time into it. Something I really miss is reading shit in CD covers about bands equipment or who produced/engineered/mastered the album

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

finally got mine in the mail (thx norman records <33333333) and have been super impressed. fantastic album from head to toe. "dolphin" is my personal favorite thus far, but there is an immense amount of depth to it.

bigs

Guest jasondonervan

I get the feeling that this is off the radar for a lot of folks due to the whole 'seapunk' thing... but if anyone's on the fence, I'd urge them to check it out as there's some really nice brain-dancey business on this one.

I get the feeling that this is off the radar for a lot of folks due to the whole 'seapunk' thing... but if anyone's on the fence, I'd urge them to check it out as there's some really nice brain-dancey business on this one.

totally agree. absolutely stellar album, intensely psychedelic at points. it's no wonder his first 12" featured a remix from the likes of dave monolith... this guy is on the level.

after going through it about six times, my top five ranking is roughly:

from birth

the bayou

dolphin

bahrain

dreamo

listen to it! if you can't find it, i can be friendly.

So wait was this on rephlex?

fire for effect, which has (thus far) only released the two ultrademon joints. i think grant from rephlex said he helped out somehow? either way, he's had a remix from dave monolith and his music is insaaaaaaaane.

The 'Fire for Effect' things fits the new Rephlex strategy of not even admitting to releasing music. EOD volume 1, Photodementia and EDMA2 were all released on one off Labels, but still seem to be Rephlex releases.

It's a good strategy.

The 'Fire for Effect' things fits the new Rephlex strategy of not even admitting to releasing music. EOD volume 1, Photodementia and EDMA2 were all released on one off Labels, but still seem to be Rephlex releases.

It's a good strategy.

what is the EDMA2 release you're talking about? i'd love to hear it.

also, yeah that is right jasondonervan. ultrademon has also mentioned his involvement with rephlex a few times on twitter.

It's a good strategy.

what is the EDMA2 release you're talking about? i'd love to hear it.

It's Jodey Kendrick +others(?). Def. Nice.

Bumcat

Thread

if this is rephlex then it's exciting that they're releasing something "new" and not just tuss-based acid trax and such.

braindance for millienials!!

this is an interesting event. I feel like this is the first time a release has consciously used 90s internet aesthetic as "nostalgia"

it will be anodyne within a year

will petra get a royalty?