IGNORED

Pacific Rim (del Toro)

soundwave

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest RadarJammer

i seem to remember WATMM collectively preemptively shitting all over this awhile back

it looks great

this trailer makes it look a whole lot more appealing. The other one was cut to seem like it was just as generic as Battleship. I get a more cartoony/fantasy feel from this one

So .. we hate transformers and love this?

To be honest i have no interest in this other than to admire the CGI. I watched all the transformers films but just to watch and admire the CGI and special effects (i hated the films), i dont care what anyone says, the CGI in transformers is incredible 21st century art and should be watched.

I'm sure this movie will blow me away with its CGI, the story will be without substance tho and just like the transformers movies i'll hate it because im not into robots.

I don't even care if the dialougue and story is cheesy as fuck, it's HUGE fucking ROBOTS smashing the shit out of MONSTERS... how can that not be awesome?

• 2 weeks later...

this trailer makes it look a whole lot more appealing. The other one was cut to seem like it was just as generic as Battleship. I get a more cartoony/fantasy feel from this one

wait... wasn't battleship like the most cartoony piece of drek on earth? maybe clarify what you mean, because I agree cartoony is better, but battleship was certainly over the top and ridiculous

I think we all might be a tiny bit Slovenian.

Del toro though.... Whyyyyyyyyyy?

Now we have a sucking hobbit series and this drek. It's all peter jackson's mistake, I 'm sure. But why though. He used to make good movies.

*sobs *

• 1 month later...

A featurette about the design of the robot cockpit set. Interesting comments from Del Toro

"every movie has to have a portion of analog practical effects to to really convey the sense of physical reality"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcsFMTjgsCM

Also:

"The action in the movie is what you would have dreamt to see when you were eleven years old"

... think that probably sums it up - this is likely to be a good movie, as long as you watch it for what it is: A movie about giant robots fighting sea monsters.

I think we all might be a tiny bit Slovenian.

Del toro though.... Whyyyyyyyyyy?

Now we have a sucking hobbit series and this drek. It's all peter jackson's mistake, I 'm sure. But why though. He used to make good movies.

*sobs *

You can't imagine how funny it is to read drek.

Pretty torn. Could be awesome, could be crap. This trailer definitely looks better than the other one I've seen, which all seemed to be those ridiculously fast action shots that give the impression of action while actually being a lot of shit happening too fast for you to really register just what the hell is happening. Typing that made me feel old, incidentally.

Edit: It was trailer 2 I watched, it's not actually as bad/hyperactive as I remember. It's definitely got potential to be pretty fun.

i think me and the girl will go see it, if only because shes got a huge hard on for the Hobbit. And Idris Elba (I might have a semi lob as well).

Also:"The action in the movie is what you would have dreamt to see when you were eleven years old"... think that probably sums it up - this is likely to be a good movie, as long as you watch it for what it is: A movie about giant robots fighting sea monsters.

That's it. Hollywood makes more money by treating its audience like a bunch of 11 years olds. Man of Steel comes to mind.

Archived