IGNORED

Tomorrow's Harvest on sale now on iTunes Japan

Alzado

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jasondonervan

3) Time slows down for BoC fans waiting for a new release, making a few days feel like the 8 years since the last release!

Several points we can draw from recent discussion in this thread;

1) The whole international release date/schedule thing is incompatible with modern times.

2) Pirates get the album before most other people for free because of previously mentioned antiquated international release date bollox.

3) Time slows down for BoC fans waiting for a new release, making a few days feel like the 8 years since the last release!

4) We all need to relax more, chill and just enjoy life until June 10th no matter how far off it seems ;-) I mean for fuck sake people, people are dying out there!!

5) Split Your Infinities into smaller, more manageable chunks for a more straightforward, stress free existence ;-)

6) Bleep/Warp didn't manage the expectations of their customers good enough ( the beloved customers who preorder their music, no less!). People were expecting all sorts of digital formats next to their physical album, just like in the past. Even though only mp3 was mentioned as digital download, this only added to the confusion, because peoples expectations were based on actual experiences. Those expectations should have been addressed explicitly.

Guest Capt Kittinger

Album seems to be available in my Bleep account for download, but of course I discover this at the beginning of my work day! <sigh> long day ahead.

In terms of global restrictions, I am in Australia FWIW. Sorry if I'm just catching up..

Hah, it's funny to think that the actual record will be in Australian stores before the official release date for the digital files.

Guest Dogboy73

Album seems to be available in my Bleep account for download, but of course I discover this at the beginning of my work day! <sigh> long day ahead.

In terms of global restrictions, I am in Australia FWIW. Sorry if I'm just catching up..

Same here;

83444dlth.jpg

To: support @ bleep . com

Just adding my dissatisfaction to the feedback around the handling of the Boards of Canada release. It's ridiculous that pirates around the globe and casual purchasers in Japan have access to the new album, whereas those of us who preordered sit patiently waiting. It's become almost a guarantee with Bleep that preordering will give you the album last of all. Absolutely absurd, and you need to be aware of the significant bad feeling created among your core customers as a result. It's probably the fourth time in a row Bleep have significantly mishandled a major release, and I think you will see that bear fruit in future order figures.

I feel it could be salvaged by a preorder customers' bonus, whether an unreleased track or even just artwork that didn't make it to the final release. But there is a lot of ground to make up.

I love the music that Warp and Bleep represent, but this kind of antagonism of the customer base seems almost wilfully ignorant of the realities of a global file sharing culture. I could have this album inside ten minutes, free of charge, if I chose to break the law. Why penalise me for supporting the artist and the label?

I realise I am not writing to the person(s) who made the decision, but if you could pass the feedback along I would appreciate it.

Guest Dogboy73

So has everyone who pre-ordered not got the download available from their Bleep accounts?! Have you checked? It's only the 6thJune here in Oz. How come I got it?!

Guest feralkittens

I guess they decided to release it a day earlier in Australia. I'm in the U.S. and haven't gotten mine yet. If they stagger it so I can't get it at the same time as England I'll tear the universe apart.

Guest Dogboy73

I guess they decided to release it a day earlier in Australia.

A day early? I thought it was released June 10th? It's June 6th here.

I guess they decided to release it a day earlier in Australia.

A day early? I thought it was released June 10th? It's June 6th here.

This was posted in another thread:

XSBPusJ.gif

This was posted in another thread:

XSBPusJ.gif

yeah, evidently this is all some international / label / distribution / trade / economics thing. i see why people are pissed but this it totally not Warps decision or in their power to change.

if anyone knows what the reasons are that releases are staggered like this (and this is something that has been going on since ancient pre-internet times), i'd love to hear about it.

I've only ever pre-ordered Autechre from Bleep but looking at my account they are the only artist that has Flac and Wav available to download for "free".

Only mp3 for Boards, Squarepusher, Fly Lo, Clark and Bibio, do you get Flac and Wav if you pre-ordered rather than purchased after release date?>

I've only ever pre-ordered Autechre from Bleep but looking at my account they are the only artist that has Flac and Wav available to download for "free".

Only mp3 for Boards, Squarepusher, Fly Lo, Clark and Bibio, do you get Flac and Wav if you pre-ordered rather than purchased after release date?>

I got MP3, FLAC, WAV, 24bit WAV files for buying Byetone's SyMeta, so Autechre are not the only ones who have this.

I still, to this day, do not understand why 24bit WAV files are necessary. And nobody has even shown me any analysis to prove that there is actually a difference between Bleep's 16 and 24 bit WAV files.

It would be nice to have this album in 24bit wav! Exai sounds amazing in 24bit!

Are you saying you can reliably discriminate between 24- and 16-bit audio by ear? Or did you mean to say "Exai sounds amazing" period?

It would be nice to have this album in 24bit wav! Exai sounds amazing in 24bit!

Are you saying you can reliably discriminate between 24- and 16-bit audio by ear? Or did you mean to say "Exai sounds amazing" period?

That is irrelevant. The choice is there. If you chose to listen to 24bit WAV files over 16bit WAV files, or FLAC, or MP3, or AAC, or vinyl, or wax cylinder, it's up to the subjective listener to make that choice. And choice is always a good thing.

I can't hear the difference between Bleep's 24 and 16 bit WAVs but I have plenty of hard drive space so I might as well have the digital copy in as good quality as it can get.

I wish Bleep started offering 24-bit / 96 khz files though as with those that I do own in that quality I can actually tell the difference (dunno whether it is placebo or not but they sound good so who cares).

Archived