IGNORED

Tomorrow's Harvest on sale now on iTunes Japan

Alzado

How's Norman with shipping to the US?

I can't comment on that, but I know they offer insured shipping which insures you for about $375 to $750 if you're looking to buy in bulk. Bleep don't offer that as an option at all, can't comment on Juno, though.

Norman ships very, very quickly.

Yep, and if there are any problems they'll email you straight away and if you email them you'll get a reply in minutes. Fantastic service, great guys.

562588_573566879341221_273188415_n.jpg

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tumblr_mnk7c0lzAn1qzxyzoo3_1280.jpg

gorgeous. you take this?

Yeah. Just laid a Snapseed filter over it.

The building is part of a disused medical laboratory on the outskirts of Tokyo.

I saw it and thought of TH.

Guest jasondonervan

How's Norman with shipping to the US?

I can't comment on that, but I know they offer insured shipping which insures you for about $375 to $750 if you're looking to buy in bulk. Bleep don't offer that as an option at all, can't comment on Juno, though.

Norman ships very, very quickly.

Yep, and if there are any problems they'll email you straight away and if you email them you'll get a reply in minutes. Fantastic service, great guys.

562588_573566879341221_273188415_n.jpg

Haha, The panicked guy in the background looks like he's been caught mid-wank.

I am rather miffed that there will not be any digital downloads with the vinyl order, only a shitty 320kbps version of it, that I will be officially able to download several days after it being available for free all over the internet. With this order there has been absolutely no incentive to pre-order it from Bleep. It would have been cheaper and I would have gotten it quicker if I had just walked into the local record store on Friday. Now I will probably have it in my hands a week from now or maybe later.Not pleased at all.

People who ordered from Bleep have a right to be miffed.

However, thinking on it some more - I kind of sympathise with their plight. They are losing money hand over fist right now as Flac files originating out of Japan are available for free.

They must have a very good (perhaps legal?) reason why they can't release them.

It's obviously on their best interests to release them but perhaps their hands are tied.

Oversteps release "man, these fucking Autechre fanboys are killing the bandwidth on our Amazon S3 service. I think this experiment has served it's purpose. We should do something different next time."

Move Of Ten release "man, these fucking Autechre fanboys are killing the bandwidth on our Amazon S3 service. I think this experiment has served it's purpose. We should do something different next time."

Exai release "man, these fucking Autechre fanboys are killing the bandwidth on our Amazon S3 service. I think this experiment has served it's purpose. We should do something different next time."

lol

I think Ae just have Bleep whipped into providing a decent service

The artists really have nothing to do with what Bleep does - sure, they can determine release dates (I'm sure in collaboration with the label (WARP) who decides what's financially and logistically best), but in most cases the artist has little involvement in this aspect of a records' release.

I am rather miffed that there will not be any digital downloads with the vinyl order, only a shitty 320kbps version of it, that I will be officially able to download several days after it being available for free all over the internet. With this order there has been absolutely no incentive to pre-order it from Bleep. It would have been cheaper and I would have gotten it quicker if I had just walked into the local record store on Friday. Now I will probably have it in my hands a week from now or maybe later.Not pleased at all.

"shitty" 320kbps? I'd love to have your ears, then. There is nothing (to my ears at least) shitty about 320kbps.

What's worse, when they finally do make the digital files available, their system will crash and burn horribly, and it will take days before everyone gets their digital downloads, just like with Exai. If they really couldn't handle the demand, they should have either sent the physical copies out early (surely they have some idea of when things reach their customers from their shipping data), or staggering the digital downloads by having sets of customers' downloads appear in the order they preordered. That's the fairest way I can think of handling it if they couldn't scale up their cloud services due to financial or logistical reasons.

odd they still haven't begun shipping these out, i'd have thought it be the case of 'to arrive on or before release date' or something.

also, surely they could work out the cost of the Flac downloads off their server and bury it into the vinyl cost per unit and give that option.

an extra £2-3 maybe if they're feeling the pinch, but just to give the option.

Well i've never heard such a bunch of spoilt, miserable shite in my entire life.

seriously, all this "I demand my entertainment now" and unearned sense of entitlement makes you sound like brattish children.

Just be thankful bands/labels (that are struggling, if not slowly dying out) are still putting out music this great, get on with your life and enjoy it when it arrives. You aren't owed anything.

Unless Bleep/Warp actually steal my money, i will continue to support what they do.

Guest theSun

warp/bleep just need to say something is being released a month or 2 AFTER it is actually released. so if warp says TH is out august 5th, they just surprise release today. staggering download access based on preorder time is a great idea.

if this was ae i'd be a lot more pissed, but it's boc so i figured there would be something stupid and wanky and just fucking stupid about it

also - i can see why torrents are hard to control, but itunes? fucking come on. i bet they lost a considerable amount of money from people downloading on itunes.

Well i've never heard such a bunch of spoilt, miserable shite in my entire life.

seriously, all this "I demand my entertainment now" and unearned sense of entitlement makes you sound like brattish children.

Just be thankful bands/labels (that are struggling, if not slowly dying out) are still putting out music this great, get on with your life and enjoy it when it arrives. You aren't owed anything.

Unless Bleep/Warp actually steal my money, i will continue to support what they do.

Normally, I would agree with a stance like that, but these people have put their moneys towards a pre-order in support of the label and the artists, and then are made to wait for what they paid for when others are getting it before them, with no loyalty to the label? How is that right?

hehe, i just get eggy about people with absolutely no perspective. its too embarrassing to even call it a first world problem.

It's not like japan pre-release has ruined your dinner plans or anything.

Jesus, varius. I paid significantly more through bleep to purchase the vinyl, and it turns out there was little to no benefit to doing so. My purchase was informed by multiple previous preorders through bleep, and on those occasions bleep performed differently, in a way that garnered my support. Bleep has now reversed the policies that made purchasing through Bleep desirable.

As a repeat customer who has given a lot of money to Bleep over the years, I am absolutely entitled to be slightly unhappy with the service I paid for, and entitled to take my business elsewhere the next time.

Bleep/Warp can run their business as they see fit, and paying customers can determine whether they see value in those services or not. That's how this works.

I don't care about instant gratification. I've held off on listening to any of this material aside from one half-hearted viewing of the reach for the dead video. But when legal digital copies are in the wild, the legal digital copy that I paid for should be made available. Had bleep not done exactly that repeatedly in the past, I would not have purchased through them with the expectation that they would this time.

None of the "annoyance" I feel is at a level that would register in my daily life, but this is a thread targeted to the specific circumstances, and it's the appropriate place to discuss it. I'm not angry, I just don't feel any incentive to dole out a bit more money to bleep the next time I preorder an album.

The whole idea of only releasing music to specific regions using the internet is ridiculous.

Archived