IGNORED

Tomorrow's Harvest on sale now on iTunes Japan

Alzado

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm never buying from bleep again

Especially if it turns out true that preordering from my local record store gets me bonus material.

But even still. Fuck bleep

it'd be funny if bleep isn't saying anything about extras because they'll secretly throw in some old, unsold boc goodies..

haha, yeah i know that's not a very good joke, but hey just sayin'

It didn't take long. The Japanase mp3's are all over the blogs now. I've got a web rip with glitches and hiccups. boo bleep.

As much as it sucks, that's my last bit of harping about the issue. Bigger problems in the world etc. But they better not screw up my tshirt size.

Yeah, this isn't a big deal in the scheme of things, but I'm not preordering from bleep again. The appeal was in getting vinyl at release date plus a guaranteed good FLAC a little early without having to pirate. No incentive whatsoever anymore. Stupid policy, and completely expected.

Can get the vinyl a bit cheaper from amoeba or amazon, and piracy is free and timely.

The appeal was in getting vinyl at release date plus a guaranteed good FLAC a little early without having to pirate.

Ha! I'll be lucky if it shows up by November.

I know I've been bitching a lot about Bleep but honestly fuck them I haven't gotten a preorder anywhere before 3 weeks after release date, ever.

Everyone's recommending norman records and juno... Never using Bleep again.

japanese releases are always early as a standard thing, isn't it - something about de-incentivising importing from cheap neighbouring countries?

japan getting the release early alone wouldn't be a problem... what i think we're all butthurt about is the repeated fan-focussed dick teasing, an expectation of an early digital release as per other bleep artists for those who pre-ordered over a month ago, and the fact that others are now enjoying the release before we are.

the marketing for this has gone seriously wrong imho

either way... rips of the japanese itunes release are out there, so i'm now beyond giving much of a shit - the whole thing has been a bit overdone by now though and i genuinely hope it doesn't impact on any respect for the band or warp.

The appeal was in getting vinyl at release date plus a guaranteed good FLAC a little early without having to pirate.

Ha! I'll be lucky if it shows up by November.

I know I've been bitching a lot about Bleep but honestly fuck them I haven't gotten a preorder anywhere before 3 weeks after release date, ever.

Everyone's recommending norman records and juno... Never using Bleep again.

You really should use Norman, top notch customer service and their packaging is excellent. Plus sweets from time to time.

Guest jasondonervan

My CD order has been dispatched from Amazon Japan, which may arrive by Saturday, all going well.

If they don't start moving the status forward from in_progress anytime soon, Bleep will be beaten like a rented mule.

How's Norman with shipping to the US?

I can't comment on that, but I know they offer insured shipping which insures you for about $375 to $750 if you're looking to buy in bulk. Bleep don't offer that as an option at all, can't comment on Juno, though.

But they better not screw up my tshirt size.

I ordered a tshirt from them. Got a small instead of a medium... oh and it showed up 2 months later. I had forgotten I ordered it in the first place.

Bleep just replied essentially saying "we have had to follow the differing international dates on this release" and "the cost of delivering lossless files to all customers is too high and not viable for us to do". They didn't mention anything about any potential goodies for those who pre-order (I asked what the advantage of a Bleep pre-order is over going to a store, as usually they give something extra).

My CD order has been dispatched from Amazon Japan, which may arrive by Saturday, all going well.

If they don't start moving the status forward from in_progress anytime soon, Bleep will be beaten like a rented mule.

Really? Three days?

I'm assuming that's with FedEx or something similar.

Picked up my copy earlier. Grabbed six or seven of those promo cards as well as a poster and sticker.

http://jasonnewton.tumblr.com/

I'll post more photos after I've beaten the subway rush hour.

Guest jasondonervan

Really? Three days?

I'm assuming that's with FedEx or something similar.

Picked up my copy earlier. Grabbed six or seven of those promo cards as well as a poster and sticker.

http://jasonnewton.tumblr.com/

I'll post more photos after I've beaten the subway rush hour.

Awesome! Yeah, it's coming via DHL.

Do you mind if I use your pics on the boc2013 tumblr, please? I will add named credit and link to your tumblr, of course.

Also... any chance of taking one of the promo cards off your hands? :emb:

Bleep just replied essentially saying ... "the cost of delivering lossless files to all customers is too high and not viable for us to do".

Do you know what that is ? That is complete bullshit, that is what that is. 'Cost is too high and not viable' my bloody arse, how do they think other labels manage to pull it off - with flipping magical internet spells ?

Bleep just replied essentially saying ... "the cost of delivering lossless files to all customers is too high and not viable for us to do".

Do you know what that is ? That is complete bullshit, that is what that is. 'Cost is too high and not viable' my bloody arse, how do they think other labels manage to pull it off - with flipping magical internet spells ?

They managed to do it for the past 3 Autechre releases.

Absolutely, that's why I'm calling bullshit - Either the Warp representative was clutching at straws to respond to the question and made themselves look foolish or TheTransitionary's re-transcribing of the email wasn't 100% accurate

Guest jasondonervan

FAO Bleep...

This-is-Internet-Duane-Dancing-Kid-GIF.g

How much was yours? (in total)

Archived