IGNORED

Tomorrow's Harvest on sale now on iTunes Japan

Alzado

Jesus, varius. I paid significantly more through bleep to purchase the vinyl, and it turns out there was little to no benefit to doing so. My purchase was informed by multiple previous preorders through bleep, and on those occasions bleep performed differently, in a way that garnered my support. Bleep has now reversed the policies that made purchasing through Bleep desirable. As a repeat customer who has given a lot of money to Bleep over the years, I am absolutely entitled to be slightly unhappy with the service I paid for, and entitled to take my business elsewhere the next time. Bleep/Warp can run their business as they see fit, and paying customers can determine whether they see value in those services or not. That's how this works. I don't care about instant gratification. I've held off on listening to any of this material aside from one half-hearted viewing of the reach for the dead video. But when legal digital copies are in the wild, the legal digital copy that I paid for should be made available. Had bleep not done exactly that repeatedly in the past, I would not have purchased through them with the expectation that they would this time. None of the "annoyance" I feel is at a level that would register in my daily life, but this is a thread targeted to the specific circumstances, and it's the appropriate place to discuss it. I'm not angry, I just don't feel any incentive to dole out a bit more money to bleep the next time I preorder an album.

jesus. and i thought things in Syria where bad.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jesus, varius. I paid significantly more through bleep to purchase the vinyl, and it turns out there was little to no benefit to doing so. My purchase was informed by multiple previous preorders through bleep, and on those occasions bleep performed differently, in a way that garnered my support. Bleep has now reversed the policies that made purchasing through Bleep desirable. As a repeat customer who has given a lot of money to Bleep over the years, I am absolutely entitled to be slightly unhappy with the service I paid for, and entitled to take my business elsewhere the next time. Bleep/Warp can run their business as they see fit, and paying customers can determine whether they see value in those services or not. That's how this works. I don't care about instant gratification. I've held off on listening to any of this material aside from one half-hearted viewing of the reach for the dead video. But when legal digital copies are in the wild, the legal digital copy that I paid for should be made available. Had bleep not done exactly that repeatedly in the past, I would not have purchased through them with the expectation that they would this time. None of the "annoyance" I feel is at a level that would register in my daily life, but this is a thread targeted to the specific circumstances, and it's the appropriate place to discuss it. I'm not angry, I just don't feel any incentive to dole out a bit more money to bleep the next time I preorder an album.

fuck off back to your high horse.

I see warp are now encouraging people to go and buy the mp3s from 7digital. I guess they really are trying to avoid total website obliteration.

Anyway, screw it, I guess I'll just get the files on torrent. Vinyl is coming directly from the label so I can do it totally guilt free. In fact, I'm doing them a favour...

Guest theSun

i dont care where warp makes it available, but it should have been officially released within 24 hours of it being posted on itunes.

more evidence that companies still don't know how to internet and how it affects business process

Way to miss the exact point of my post, varius.

i think you missed my point.

stop being a baby, go out and enjoy the sunshine.

go treat the lady. take the dog for a walk.

your precious music will arrive soon. don't cry.

:facepalm:

I specifically said this isn't causing any real emotional distress, it's merely a consumer purchasing decision. You're either missing the point or trying to escalate this, which says a lot more about you than anyone else in this thread. Have fun with that, because I'm blasting some good music and enjoying myself fully at the moment.

Guest theSun

why don't YOU go walk your dog instead of complaining about complaining about legit issues about things other people care about about about

:facepalm:

Guest WWBJD

The whole idea of only releasing music to specific regions using the internet is ridiculous.

I kept telling myself that the release dates were just for the physical copies, not the digital downloads... and the digital download would be available the day of the first physical release. Seemed logical.

Warp/Bleep surely missed out on a great marketing opportunity by not releasing or putting the digital version up for sale after the album stream.

The whole idea of only releasing music to specific regions using the internet is ridiculous.

This. Or is this part of some 90s retro thing going on at Warp? This regional publishing and releasing bullshit needs to stop.

No emails from Bleep this morning. I am disappoint.

But just to be clear, I walked my dog this morning, took the rail to downtown with the lady, rode my bike the rest of the way (in the sunshine) to my job that pays me well and provides many non-monetary benefits, and will enjoy copious amounts of other great music today and probably some good sunshine during my lunch break.

But just to be clear, I walked my dog this morning, took the rail to downtown with the lady, rode my bike the rest of the way (in the sunshine) to my job that pays me well and provides many non-monetary benefits, and will enjoy copious amounts of other great music today and probably some good sunshine during my lunch break.

im really glad. you've done so well and the progress you've made is a positive.

maybe try and help the others. who knows, someday we might not even need a BOC album distress support group.

*gets a whole new sense of perspectives he never had before*

Man, I just realized it would really suck if you preordered this and you live in Syria.

fucking lol

im really glad. you've done so well and the progress you've made is a positive.

maybe try and help the others. who knows, someday we might not even need a BOC album distress support group.

P5Jo2.gif

Guest Enter a new display name

It is probably the fifth big release by Warp I can think of that disappoints everybody here, yet nobody seems to have learned their lesson. Since when do you really wait for the official release while the leaked files are out in the wild? I blame your impatience for pre-ordering from the first website that accepts pre-orders for Tomorrow's Harvest. It might be too bad for Warp, but it does not affect your experience of the album in any significant way. And how is Warp supposed to estimate the arrival date of the shipments around the world? Everybody seems pissed if their precious copies don't stand at their doorstep by Monday.

Guest dylanmcknd

It is probably the fifth big release by Warp I can think of that disappoints everybody here, yet nobody seems to have learned their lesson. Since when do you really wait for the official release while the leaked files are out in the wild? I blame your impatience for pre-ordering from the first website that accepts pre-orders for Tomorrow's Harvest. It might be too bad for Warp, but it does not affect your experience of the album in any significant way. And how is Warp supposed to estimate the arrival date of the shipments around the world? Everybody seems pissed if their precious copies don't stand at their doorstep by Monday.

I'm positive Warp knew exactly when retail and digital copies would hit Japan. And people aren't expecting actual physical copies atm, just the digital files.

Archived