IGNORED

Superman / Batman - the movie (2015)

Rubin Farr

So first I heard that Jeremy Irons was playing Alfred and I was all like 'fucking lol'.

Then I read that Jesse Eisenberg is playing Lex Luthor and I was all like ' :cerious: '.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand what they're doing. It's Heath Ledger again. A shock casting.

Eisenberg will probably make a good (modern) Luthor. It should be refreshing to see him not act like a stuttery nerd at least.

But I would have preferred Joaquin Phoenix.

What's weird, is that somehow Luthor will probably not only be in that film, but in alot of other spin-offs and tangents too, no? They are trying to go the Avengers way, so he won't die in the first movie and will serve as a secondary villain in a lot of stuff, like Loki.

But those curly hairs will have... to... go... or else it's not Lex bitches.

they've put themselves in a very difficult position. Even though Man of Steel tried to be 'gritty' and 'realistic', ultimately it was a popcorn scifi film that didn't feel nearly as real world as even Dark Knight Rises did. So if Lex is going to be the main villain this might mean they are going for a more grounded Nolan Batman feel. Or they could just make it full on crap and have Lex fighting both of them in a robot suit as the 3rd act confrontation to get the same pie Robocop,Transformers,Pacific Rim is poked fingers in. My hope is that that the tone is not like Man of Steel or the Nolan Batman films, at this point i'd almost rather have Synder do a slomo ridden movie sort of like Watchmen

Looks like a lame movie. The only thing good about the recent batman trilogy was the Joker. Also, people seemed to have interpreted a lot of my stuff wrong. In my tweet, I said I'm known as the Dark Knight guy. It was a reference to Rebeca being known as the Fight Club girl. It was a reference to the movie title, not batman.

DC needs to get dreamworks or some non-disney CGI animation company to just make a justice league movie, fuck doing real actors at this point. The only thing that has me remotely excited about the post Superman-Batman movie(s) is that they stole my idea and are going with a black green lantern, if they bring in Cyborg also it's guaranteed box office money. They probably just wanted to erase the memory of Ryan Reynolds in any way they could, i guess just having a new guy be the lantern is an easy way to clean the slate, hell, that works better than rebooting spiderman and doing the origin story over again. I just hope they don't even go into Batman's origin at all, just have him be an older guy with no explanation, the understood myth of him is so widely known that it's not necessary to explain. if they do i'll be pretty irritated.

Archived