IGNORED

Fan made videos on YouTube

Guest Dogboy73

Guest Dogboy73

I've made a video for Collapse. But when I upload it's flagged as a copyright infringement & blocked. I just wondered how so many BoC fan videos are uploaded and working perfectly fine, many of them featured on BoC's YouTube page. What gives?! Spent ages putting a video together & now I can't upload the bastad!! :wacko:

Guest Dogboy73

I was thinking about Vimeo. Might try that ;-)

But I'm confused about the YouTube thing. Why some and not others?! Do you have to do something when uploading maybe? Surprised it got picked up. But then I read about the ID thing YouTube use. So I messed about with the track a bit and re-uploaded ..... Same shit! Picked up straight away! WTMF??! :-/

Was it the audio or video flagged as breached copyright - if it's the latter I'm not sure I can help as I think they just blanket ban stuff with no negotiation (certainly has been the case for me), but the former you usually can just acknowledge the copyright and it'll be available again with the correct copyright notice bunged on the video description (and you can't monetize it)

EDIT: I'm guessing it's the audio in which case just accept the copyright match and it should then re-appear.

Guest Dogboy73

Was it the audio or video flagged as breached copyright - if it's the latter I'm not sure I can help as I think they just blanket ban stuff with no negotiation (certainly has been the case for me), but the former you usually can just acknowledge the copyright and it'll be available again with the correct copyright notice bunged on the video description (and you can't monetize it)EDIT: I'm guessing it's the audio in which case just accept the copyright match and it should then re-appear.

Yes, it was the audio. I did try accepting the copyrighted material (of course) but it remained blocked, at least initially. I'm not sure if that status would had changed. When searching for a solution I found loads of stuff about this. Lots of methods for getting round it, some of which sound ridiculous to be honest. But most amazing was how YouTube picks up on this. Found a fascinating video about their scanning content ID system. Apparently something like 24 hours of video is uploaded to YouTube every minute. But Content ID scans ALL of this!!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9g2U12SsRns

I even tried adding some effects and other sounds to the start of the track to try and fool Content ID. it didn't work. But on the blocked video was an option to remove copyrighted material and leave other audio. Eh?! Anyway I tried this and was somewhat startled by the result, which removed all traces of the original BoC track and left only the wet effects I had added!! WTF?! I must admit I didn't expect that. I thought that was something that wasn't all that easy to do. But here it is performed on a video I uploaded to YouTube, a small fraction of the 24 hours of content uploaded every minute! It's hard to get your head around!!

The choice of "spirals", spinning things etc is very fitting to the Collapse-track, I always imagined similar stuff to it. The footage is a bit too space-y for me, maybe even too human, too alive, vivid (despite the sci-fi coldness) for a sparse track like this. The whole album is pretty disattached from humanity for me. Even the voice-fragments come from old loudspeaker systems or infinitely looped recordings, in my mind. But that's just my personal interpretation.

I'm guessing Warp does an intelligent block of content from new releases. Same for Autechre. Pretty much all old tracks can be found, but everything from the latest album(s) isn't there.

They probably try to prevent that people just get the new release by doing a youtube-convert, which is actually legit, imo. The material seems to get available once the initial buzz is over.

Exai was totally unavailable on Tube for me two months ago, now it only remains GEMA-blocked (which is a whole other story, they are the true enemies)

But Vimeo works well, yes, probably because it's not as popular as Tube. I uploaded one there, too:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dogboy73

The choice of "spirals", spinning things etc is very fitting to the Collapse-track, I always imagined similar stuff to it. The footage is a bit too space-y for me, maybe even too human, too alive, vivid (despite the sci-fi coldness) for a sparse track like this. The whole album is pretty disattached from humanity for me. Even the voice-fragments come from old loudspeaker systems or infinitely looped recordings, in my mind. But that's just my personal interpretation.

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate the feedback. I had an idea to get away from the usual footage we tend to see on fan made BoC videos. There's some great fan made stuff out there. I love it. But I wanted to do something different from vintage home video, lens flare, desolate buildings & landscapes etc. There's enough people doing that already but as I said there is some fantastic stuff out there :wink: I just wonder how people get past the copyright thing?! I did plenty of mangling on this one but YouTube still picked it up.

Guest Dogboy73

Another video I made for Sundown;

Again, YouTube blocked this because of the track, despite my best efforts to mangle it, double up the track, reverse half of it.

Again, YouTube blocked this because of the track, despite my best efforts to mangle it, double up the track, reverse half of it.

I shared it on bocpages: https://www.facebook.com/bocpages/posts/10151740701319774

May I suggest you try using http://facebook.com/username - you could change your URL to http://facebook.com/faastwalker that way.

Guest Dogboy73

I shared it on bocpages: https://www.facebook.com/bocpages/posts/10151740701319774

May I suggest you try using http://facebook.com/username - you could change your URL to http://facebook.com/faastwalker that way.

Thanks for the share ;-)

I did try changing the URL but it didn't work. Maybe because the Faastwalker page is a page created from my personal account?! I'm not sure but it only seems to work with all the numbers behind it!!

Archived