IGNORED

The Orb - History of the Future

dr lopez

Incredible track; vintage Weston (sadly unlike the vast majority of his released productions since).

Edit...not sure if it was mostly him or Keogh though

Edited by Extralife

yeah rubin im not sure why you're even posting that. did you listen to that track? it was horrible. just noodling on a organ preset. he even admitted that it wasn't good and just for him. guy needs some therapy i think. sad, but there are casualties everywhere

Would someone just give this lad a shit load of cash and let him live out his days making tunes the way we all wish we could!!

He is quitting, or he has been forced to quit, again...

Now he is selling all his gear...

customised MS20 with PWM, lots of extra OSC inputs, s trig out, ext ring mod input and external s-trig convertor
oberkorn special edition, four row analog sequencer with ms20 trigger
kenton PRO 2000
unitor 8
custom SSL stereo bus compressor with sidechain input
FCB1010 pedal board
Adams A7X monitors + stands
keyboard stand
XOX bass time with CV inputs
custom theremin with wave and octave selectors, two antennas one for volume one for pitch
ebow
guitar slides

eurorack
2 x basic CV mixers
1 x intellijel uscale II
1 x white whale monome eurorack controller / recorder + extra usb power adapter
eurorack 4 unit case
1 x Monome 8x8
separately or all with case

computers
mac 12 core customised 2 x 3.46Ghz 6-core Xeons - 64 meg ram sierra 10.12.6 - graphics AMD R9xxx 4096MB - cheese grater mac with newer chips - 500Gig drive
pc 16core HP Z62- Workstation - 2 x CPU E5-2670 @ 2.60Ghz - 32 meg ram - whatever disk - win 7 64 bit with every piece of music software available to mankind, including some fucked up shit that shouldn’t even work on that computer. this was my effects machine.

guitars
Yamaha A3R
Tanglewood 12 string TW28/12
Vester electric

customised guitars
unfinished aluminium fretboard fretless electric guitar (painted)
unfinished ebony fretboard electric guitar (unpainted) - brand new neck, new locking nuts

controllers
novation launch control XL
novation ableton launchpad
M-audio 80 key midi keyboard

amplifier
Pig Nose Large Scale 50W Amp - needs work bit fucked, sounds excellent when worky tho. 

I presume you can find him at 100mountains...

Umm anyone know him well enough to talk him off the ledge? Worried about him:

Hi subscriber,

some cunt still mailed me after i asked not to, unbelievable, complete disrespect for me and my illness. what saddened me tho was this guy: chromatest@azburners.org who mailed to taunt me that the project and my music making career has ended. He claimed to speak for all my fans in saying that he didn't believe that I was in the Orb, or that i didn't do much in it or something. that bit didnt make sense but he was pretty Butthurt and quite rude. what kind of man hangs out on a mailing list of someone he doesnt like to wait for him to fuck up and then taunt him. Its true i didnt do much in the Orb apart from write the music, produce and engineer it, design the live shows, call all the shots etc.

he claimed i was holding back, refusing to write that music which was beneath me LOL! perhaps he doesnt understand the nature of music. music is expression you fucking yank retard cunt and i express myself very fucking well. in fact, i would go as far as to say, there arent many other people on the planet right now that are able to express their emotions in a way which is true to themselves and there arent any that can express them like me :) what i let other people hear is not everything i am about. its not important for other people to hear it. tonight i will delete it all. i have my own voice, something i am very proud of and something that nobody else even notices cos most people are deaf cunts.

i was going to kill myself anyway but i would like to extend thanks to our american friends at azburners.org for reminding me why i want to stab myself in the face. i had forgotten then for a second.

i turned this website back on just to call him a cunt. if any of you are bored and in arizona would you find this cocksucker and kick the shit out of him for me. shoot him if you want. now its going to be deleted again after which time i will die. good day to you all.

chromatest@azburners.org

May your armpits be blessed with the fleas of one thousand camels

100mountains

He's been off the rails for quite a while now hasn't he? Definitely comes off as mentally ill / obsessive / paranoid in most of his online rants.

Did his current patreon subscribers all lose their money? Not sure how these things work.

He's been off the rails for quite a while now hasn't he? Definitely comes off as mentally ill / obsessive / paranoid in most of his online rants.

Did his current patreon subscribers all lose their money? Not sure how these things work.

Not sure. I wasn’t a patreon subscriber of his, but was on the list because I had signed up for his last Pledge music project (which never came to fruition.

It’s all pretty sad, b/c he did have a bigger role in the orb than he gets credit for...and he is clearly suffering from mental illness.

• 4 years later...