IGNORED

Nils Frahm - Spaces

o00o

• 4 weeks later...

due to the insanely high reviews this album is getting, I had to give it a listen...I usually prefer more synth/drone ambient as opposed to piano tracks, which are featured heavily here, but I enjoyed it and definitely feel it needs alot more listens to fully take in

• 8 months later...

http://screws.nilsfrahm.com/

is spaces all layered and shit? that "says" tracks sounds new age-lite, slight, not a welcome progression.

thought screws (free) was good stuff.

there's only one other stripped-down sythy track on there, i think. mostly piano-oriented with a lot of it spent moving into the melody with a little experimentation. personally, i think 'spaces' has too much that doesn't get down to business with the kind of efficiency i'd expect from 'screws' or 'winter music' - short, to-the-point albums. the electronic stuff is mostly fascinating because it's not what i'd expect him to be doing, and yes, i think it sounds like electronic music made by someone with not much experience of it - either as a listener or creator. great piano player, though. of course, this is a live album containing tracks from previous albums performed in ways which sounds a little different, extended or blended.

not so original...just a pale cover of this:

is nils frahm a smalltown boy? is he trying to tell us something?

edit: ok, not that pale after all

• 5 weeks later...

I really dug the track Clark remixed on Feast/Beast (I've heard the original too) but that's all I really know of him... suppose I should look into this

Archived