IGNORED

Ekoplekz - Unfidelity

cear

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

someone give me two sentences on who this person is please and thanks

Solo musician with a family and day job who makes electronic music with unique electronics: DIY stuff, cheap units, circuit bent stuff, etc. It's a pretty cool project, stumbled upon on lastfm then here on watmm.

Solo musician with a family and day job who makes electronic music with unique electronics: DIY stuff, cheap units, circuit bent stuff, etc. It's a pretty cool project, stumbled upon on lastfm then here on watmm.

yeah, and as for the music, it's like if you let some otherworldly radiophonic workshop music decay in a barrel alongside some early industrial tunes for a few years and then mixed some dub into the remains

Cover looks a bit like some of Shackleton's release artwork - similar influence I suppose?

sleeve art is by zeke clough, same guy who does shackleton's sleeves

Oh right on, I'm checking out his stuff now, really dig it! In incorporates a retro aesthetic that isn't overused, love the intricacy too.

yeah, and as for the music, it's like if you let some otherworldly radiophonic workshop music decay in a barrel alongside some early industrial tunes for a few years and then mixed some dub into the remains

Good description. I came across him via Wanda Group, who I found out through some tape labels (Opal Tapes, Leaving Records)

Cover looks a bit like some of Shackleton's release artwork - similar influence I suppose?

sleeve art is by zeke clough, same guy who does shackleton's sleeves

Oh right on, I'm checking out his stuff now, really dig it! In incorporates a retro aesthetic that isn't overused, love the intricacy too.

He did a wicked collaboration project with bass clef called ekoclef.

Also check out the memowrekz release on mordant music, epic

He did a wicked collaboration project with bass clef called ekoclef.

the ekoclef album is now up on bandcamp - tapes all sold out - digital only now :-(

http://magicanddreams.bandcamp.com/album/tapeswap-2

project is still active - they're supporting porter ricks in brussels next month

http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?534681

• 2 weeks later...

I have been revisiting memowrekz and it is a wild beast of an album. 32 tracks and 2 hours long, it is on par with exai in terms of breadth of sounds and vastness. A lot of it sounds like live jams, but each is concise and effective.

• 3 weeks later...

Also check out the memowrekz release on mordant music, epic

memowrekz is my favorite work by him. listening to a sample of this (trace elements) and i love it. might have to grab this if i can find it

so anyone else pick this up? im listening now and it's really quite fantastic. still haven't gotten around to checkin all the other ekoplekz albums, tho I have heard a few, and I really liked that nick edwards album from 2012, but I think this might be the best I've heard yet.

Archived