IGNORED

Ekoplekz - Unfidelity

cear

it is a wonderful album. lots of great tracks and it's nice that while being a more accessible outing, it still spans lots of his different styles and moods.

not convinced yet that it's his best (i have a soft spot for lots of his other albums, like devesham dub, intrusive incidentalz 2 and latent acid), but it is kind of a breath of fresh air in his discography, which had been getting more and more difficult for a while, compared to stuff like memowrekz.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Listened to it for the first time yesterday on Google Play Music (twice actually), I liked it a lot, never heard any of his other output, will have to check.

Really enjoying this so started listening to some of his other releases (Intrusive Incidentalz vol. 1&2 and Plekzationz so far), but this stands out quite a lot to me, seems a lot warmer and more melodic (lush?). I wonder if that has anything to do with Micky P helping out on track selection?

Really enjoying this so started listening to some of his other releases (Intrusive Incidentalz vol. 1&2 and Plekzationz so far), but this stands out quite a lot to me, seems a lot warmer and more melodic (lush?). I wonder if that has anything to do with Micky P helping out on track selection?

you weren't asking for recommendations, but you might check out memowrekz, devesham dub and maybe latent acid. those are more in the style of unfidelity.

you weren't asking for recommendations, but you might check out memowrekz, devesham dub and maybe latent acid. those are more in the style of unfidelity.

I did actually mean to ask if anything he'd done was similar in style, so thanks, will seek those titles out.

Been listening for the first time to this and memowrekz most of the morning. Not brilliant, but fairly good stuff, though it seems to be growing on me, which is always a good sign. I like the experimental side of it.....not really being sure what the next track is gonna take you. Sea 90 from Unfidelity really reminds my of XYZ by BoC.

Definitely be listening to this more

I really liked the whole album, but "Tuning Out" in particular really stood out. Keeping listening to it over and over. His whole discography is a lot of fun to explore, really pure and heartfelt electronic music. Something very organic and encouraging about his approach and sound.

Also, I had no idea Nick was behind Gutterbreakz! He did a mix for P4k's once great and now defunct dubstep blog back in 2006 and was one of my introductions to the genre, along with DJ /rupture's blog back in the day.

Really enjoying this album, I'm a sucker for these kind of grungy, dubby electronics. Reminds me of the latest greg haines album in places. Any recommendations as to other bits of this guys discography to pick up?

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

introduced to this by the fact interview posted above which is very interesting. had no idea how this would sound based on that interview but so far am enjoying

i've always been attracted to the ekoplekz sounds. this one is no different - i luv it very much. it seems to me that this is just a bit smoother around its edges? the smoother quality seems to me to make it only different, rather then it being better or worse then other musics he's produced.

i can't think of anything he's done that i've not enjoyed

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

Cover looks a bit like some of Shackleton's release artwork - similar influence I suppose?

sleeve art is by zeke clough, same guy who does shackleton's sleeves

Oh right on, I'm checking out his stuff now, really dig it! In incorporates a retro aesthetic that isn't overused, love the intricacy too.

He did a wicked collaboration project with bass clef called ekoclef.

Also check out the memowrekz release on mordant music, epic

He did a wicked collaboration project with bass clef called ekoclef.

the ekoclef album is now up on bandcamp - tapes all sold out - digital only now :-(

http://magicanddreams.bandcamp.com/album/tapeswap-2

I have been revisiting memowrekz and it is a wild beast of an album. 32 tracks and 2 hours long, it is on par with exai in terms of breadth of sounds and vastness. A lot of it sounds like live jams, but each is concise and effective.

Also check out the memowrekz release on mordant music, epic

memowrekz is my favorite work by him. listening to a sample of this (trace elements) and i love it. might have to grab this if i can find it

Any recommendations as to other bits of this guys discography to pick up?

Definitely gonna be checking his other stuff, any recommendations?

please no-one else ask for recommendations

This is up there with classics such as selected ambient works II. Not that they are comparable, since both came out at different time periods. But for me, it's that good. Took me a couple of listening sessions and then it hit me. This guy has a special touch and a style of his own. Too busy to be ambient, but too lush to not be ambient. Everytime I put the album on, I'm always surprised to hear that it's already finished. Mike did a GREAT selection of the tracks, the album flows from beginning to en without any unnecessary moment. Amazing record. Psychedelic science-fiction on valium.

I need to give this more listens. Still not totally clicking for me yet.

Also, I had no idea this guy was also Gutterbreakz. That’s awesome! That was a great blog.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've never heard this guy's music before, until this thread. Thanks!

Unfidelity has me entranced within, Coalpit Heath gets lots of plays.

Gonna cop the wax.

Archived