IGNORED

Philip Seymour Hoffman DEAD!?

goDel

regardless I think it's safe to say it's one of the more epic examples of falling off the wagon ever. He didn't just fall, he did a swan dive into the pavement down to bedrock level

Kind of makes me wonder if Joaquin Phoenix wasn't involved somehow. Phoenix looked like he was on junk in The Master, and the plot of the film involved them getting high together (on toxic bathtub booze, but still).

that was my immediate thought, that often people who fall off the wagon will overdose based on behavior of a fellow junkie and mis-gauge what would be a normal dose.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

regardless I think it's safe to say it's one of the more epic examples of falling off the wagon ever. He didn't just fall, he did a swan dive into the pavement down to bedrock level

Kind of makes me wonder if Joaquin Phoenix wasn't involved somehow. Phoenix looked like he was on junk in The Master, and the plot of the film involved them getting high together (on toxic bathtub booze, but still).

that was my immediate thought, that often people who fall off the wagon will overdose based on behavior of a fellow junkie and mis-gauge what would be a normal dose.

Yeah that's definitely possible.

Another possibility: a common thing is after being clean for a while someone will pick up where they left off with their usual dose, but now without the tolerance they had before.

is there any word on if he was doing tar street grade heroin or china white celebrity grade good quality heroin?

As bad as opiates are, i just think you'd have to be borderline suicidal to shoot tar heroin in the first place, it looks like it sounds, like a little piece of dirty tar and smells like mcdonalds bbq sauce. no one should fuck around with white powder heroin either, but at least it looks like a drug and not like a turd

apparently a batch of 'hot shot' heroin was going around in the east coast recently, which is fentanyl not actually heroin.

is there any word on if he was doing tar street grade heroin or china white celebrity grade good quality heroin?

As bad as opiates are, i just think you'd have to be borderline suicidal to shoot tar heroin in the first place, it looks like it sounds, like a little piece of dirty tar and smells like mcdonalds bbq sauce. no one should fuck around with white powder heroin either, but at least it looks like a drug and not like a turd

apparently a batch of 'hot shot' heroin was going around in the east coast recently, which is fentanyl not actually heroin.

The stuff that one tends to find on the east coast is "east coast powder." Of course New York is a heroin mecca so there might be other stuff, but black tar is mostly a west coast thing I think.

And the fent-cut heroin thing mostly happens in very tiny bursts with single-digit OD's. I don't think it's likely in PSH's case.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/02/03/philip-seymour-hoffman-death-police-investigating-possible-drug-buy-at-atm/

they are trying to find out who sold him the drugs, and they describe the 2 men as messengers wearing backpacks. I forgot how weird the drug dealing scene is in NY. I remember when i visited there in 2003 there were literally phone numbers people had where you could order cocaine or weed from some weird taxi cab/messenger front. They came wearing backpacks after you called the number and would just hang around waiting to be noticed by the buyer. Anybody else experience this NY weirdness?

They came wearing backpacks after you called the number and would just hang around waiting to be noticed by the buyer. Anybody else experience this NY weirdness?

Yeah I dated a girl in NY who ran a little messenger service. She was also a junkie.

They came wearing backpacks after you called the number and would just hang around waiting to be noticed by the buyer. Anybody else experience this NY weirdness?

Yeah I dated a girl in NY who ran a little messenger service. She was also a junkie.

I bet that was a weird fucking time.

I bet that was a weird fucking time.

Yeah pretty bizarre time in my life. I think I was 22. She was really smart and motivated, going to school full time and paying for her huge out-in-the-middle-of-nowhere apartment with her bike messenger service. I think it was mostly weed but good chance it was other stuff too.

But on the junky side of things she was very ocd and methodical about safety and hygiene. She had all of her bases covered, from laywers to narcaine rigs (that thing John Travolta shoved into Uma Thurman's chest).

The first time I did cocaine was at her place. I stayed up for 4 hours sitting on the couch, scraping the plate robotically.

I saw her a few years later when she cleaned up. It was strange how her personality changed. It was like someone had opened her skull and flipped a switch from 'Lou Reed' to like 'Belle and Sebastian' or something (sorry I can't think of a good 'square' band atm).

Last I heard she was living in Philly, surrounded by heroin culture. I wonder if she kept straight.

oh shit wow just saw that

5 empty bags and 65 full bags

well that kinda solves one aspect of the PSH OD mystery:

went from gray and sweaty at the ATM

to 5 bags in his arm in a few hours

that's so sad

dude just kinda impulsively swung for the fence I guess

can't think of another explanation for slamming 5 bags

i mean, it would be very strange if his habit was even in that ballpark

but hey I guess sky's the limit if you're a multi-millionaire

*sigh*

Hrm this article suggests the brands of Heroin he had are known to be cut with fentanyl. Though I'm suspicious of the reporting as they are one of the few outlets saying there was 70 bags, which seems like the highest estimate and suggests to me a sensationalist slant. Also they use slang like 'pad' 'horse' and 'tapped' lol.

Hrm this article suggests the brands of Heroin he had are known to be cut with fentanyl. Though I'm suspicious of the reporting as they are one of the few outlets saying there was 70 bags, which seems like the highest estimate and suggests to me a sensationalist slant. Also they use slang like 'pad' 'horse' and 'tapped' lol.

i'm gonna take a wild guess and state that for a junkie in PSH's state to die accidentally from a normal grade heroin overdose is pretty unlikely, either this was an intentional suicide (which doesn't make sense if he stocked up on so much junk) or he got a fentanyl 'hot shot' by accident

as much as I despise the drug war, I'm all for the cops tracking down whatever asshole dealers were selling this stuff and throwing the book at them. I'm only for drug enforcement when the cops use their power to stop bad quality and/or cut/dangerous drugs from circulating on the streets. Pretty much the only instance I would advise law enforcement to worry about drugs. did they ever find out who was putting powdered/ground up glass on pot in the UK to make it look more 'crystally' ? that shit was really fucked up too

so many bad vibes though in street drug culture, for years you don't even know how many hippies in california I had to give a truth-smackdown to who were like 'the best shrooms have the gold flakes on them' and i would be like 'you mean the flakes of the cancer causing asbestos particles (vermiculite) accidentally left on the shrooms from the cakes they grew on? cancer is the best, you stupid fuck"

I flipped on the TV and it was inside edition and they said that he had like 30 envelopes or something. Two different kinds. One with the fentanyl and one without.

unless they've had a long lapse in useage, but even still I think that's not even very common. Even for someone who's taken a couple years off the stuff would still be able to semi-accurately gauge what dose to take without the build up tolerance.

as far as im concerned these dealers are responsible for his murder, if these facts are to be trusted.

i have to admit, it's the first time I've consciously been aware of a fat junkie. Maybe his true love was booze, and he just topped it off sometimes with H

Didn't Burroughs say it's always the booze that kills the junkies? I think Cobain echoed this sentiment saying the OD's always happen when the user gets drunk then gets high.

Also, Inside edition said he had recently separated from his long time girlfriend. Don't know how much of this is true. I really don't like this whole thing being politicized though. I think even running stories on all the details is kind of gross. (i know i'm hypocritical for being in this thread)

It's creepy that they show the apartment and even the bathroom where he died. Heart goes out to this kids who will forever live with a giant gaping pit emotionally.

jesus christ, someone find this dealer and seriously fuck him and or her up.

"facts"

The weird thing is they said that each type was labeled differently. One with a clubs and one with a heart. As if they were meant to be identified for some reason.

even though i know it's been documented heavily, i don't understand why a heroin dealer would sell something that's more expensive to get, harder to find and waay stronger than heroin. In Naked Lunch burroughs described this as being a way to murder a junkie without people being suspicious, since they'd simply see it as a junkie overdosing, but I just don't get it, why on earth would a dealer pass off fentanyl as heroin, it makes zero sense.

Archived