IGNORED

Philip Seymour Hoffman DEAD!?

goDel

Why was he flying coach?

ATL-JFK takes 2 hours. Not really worth it... especially if you're on a bender and probably just grabbed the first flight you can.

Hey cool thanks for the logical explanation. ;-]

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been open here about my addiction issues in the past and find it disturbing how ambivalent most people are on this forum. PSH knew exactly what he was doing. Shooting fentanyl or dilaudid is amazing and a lot cleaner than heroin, plus you know what your putting in your body. Yeah he had 3 kids, but as an addict there are urges much more powerful than children's tears. Shooting fent/dilaudid is a scary nasty rush, I'd put it in the same catergory as shooting coke/meth, smoking coke or smoking DMT. Just a violent rush. But if your a junkie that's what your looking for. When I lived in Puerto Rico it was unhealthy the way I'd mix that real clean coke and white dope, it's so straining on your heart. That photo on the plane reminds me of myself, nodding with a cup of melted Starbucks water. PSH bought a lot of good dope, he knew it was good so he stocked up a bit. His mistake was he got too high and wasted dope and kept shooting... Sometimes you wake up like quickly from a daydream choking on a little puke, and think whoa that was close. Sometimes you don't... To be honest the only time I post on this forum is when I'm using. I've got a good routine now where I use for 3 days and take 7 off. That's the only way to use recreationally without picking up a bad habit and going back to medical detox/rehab. PSH was an incredible talent and will be missed, there aren't very many like him left in the acting world. RIP

wait...what exactly is it you find disturbing, and how are we ambivalent? Do you mean you're disturbed that we aren't judgmental enough? Fucking filthy degenerate junkie scum PSH! Is that better?

also, you're

I've been open here about my addiction issues in the past and find it disturbing how ambivalent most people are on this forum. PSH knew exactly what he was doing. Shooting fentanyl or dilaudid is amazing and a lot cleaner than heroin, plus you know what your putting in your body. Yeah he had 3 kids, but as an addict there are urges much more powerful than children's tears. Shooting fent/dilaudid is a scary nasty rush, I'd put it in the same catergory as shooting coke/meth, smoking coke or smoking DMT. Just a violent rush. But if your a junkie that's what your looking for. When I lived in Puerto Rico it was unhealthy the way I'd mix that real clean coke and white dope, it's so straining on your heart. That photo on the plane reminds me of myself, nodding with a cup of melted Starbucks water. PSH bought a lot of good dope, he knew it was good so he stocked up a bit. His mistake was he got too high and wasted dope and kept shooting... Sometimes you wake up like quickly from a daydream choking on a little puke, and think whoa that was close. Sometimes you don't... To be honest the only time I post on this forum is when I'm using. I've got a good routine now where I use for 3 days and take 7 off. That's the only way to use recreationally without picking up a bad habit and going back to medical detox/rehab. PSH was an incredible talent and will be missed, there aren't very many like him left in the acting world. RIP

wait...what exactly is it you find disturbing, and how are we ambivalent? Do you mean you're disturbed that we aren't judgmental enough? Fucking filthy degenerate junkie scum PSH! Is that better?

also, you're

Nah, with everyone making comments in the vein of "well it sucks that he died, but I definitely don't feel sorry for him" it kind of shows how most people don't understand addiction and that it could happen to anyone if their life circumstances were a little different.

ok, despite coming across as callous, I've been going back and watching all the PSH interview clips I can find on Youtube. I hadn't seen his oscar acceptance speech, where he gives credit to his mom for raising 4 kids single-handed. Ironic that he put his wife in the position where she's going to have to end up doing the same thing. Maybe one thing feeding in to his addiction was deep insecurity about how to be a father? Dunno.

Also on the superficial side, I noticed when comparing these clips that PSH seems to have lost his lips between Magnolia and his later films. It must be a conspiracy. Compare this:

to this:

First, voluptuous lips decline in fullness with age, and/or lack of vitamin c to process collagen, whatever.

Second, there is never really a heroin related thread that doesn't get dark.

Third, to kill a heroin addict with heroin could work, but at the same time, Courtney Love or whoever tried that with Kurt Cobain, who had 3x lethal dose in his body, which is mighty suspicious.

Fourth, WATMM krokodil party 2014?

I basically had that pattern, couple days on, couple days off smoking coke combined with benzo's and alcohol, occasionally amphetamines, and it stopped being recreational for me pretty quickly.

Spent 2 weeks in rehab last october, still spending loads of time on staying clean and having a fucking crying fit every week or so because the cravings make me go insane.

Hope you stay on the safe side.

Be careful man. Be safe.

We Are The Methamphetamine Makers

For the people making this out to be Philip Seymour Hoffman putting fentanyl on one side of a scale and weighing it against the tears of his children:

fucking lol

that's not how decision-making works

First, voluptuous lips decline in fullness with age, and/or lack of vitamin c to process collagen, whatever.

Second, there is never really a heroin related thread that doesn't get dark.

Third, to kill a heroin addict with heroin could work, but at the same time, Courtney Love or whoever tried that with Kurt Cobain, who had 3x lethal dose in his body, which is mighty suspicious.

Fourth, WATMM krokodil party 2014?

hilarious!

Isn't it well documented that Steve Coogan and Owen Wilson chase the dragon?

I remember Courtney love blaming Steve Coogan for Owen Wilson's suicide attempt, saying he's always getting the drugs out. He just said she was mad and everyone believed him i think. That's mad if it's true though, I mean, in the 80's I was led to believe that heroin was seriously and instantly addictive - is it though?

Yeah, that Owen Wilson suicide attempt has been pretty much forgotten by everyone. It's a wierd one. He never spoke about it or addressed it like a normal person in the public eye would do.

He just glossed over it by numbing peoples minds in a succession of sub standard comedies and eventually everyone forgot and just saw him as the guy with the funny face and bad script and not the depressed razor wielding sociopath.

Isn't it well documented that Steve Coogan and Owen Wilson chase the dragon?

I remember Courtney love blaming Steve Coogan for Owen Wilson's suicide attempt, saying he's always getting the drugs out. He just said she was mad and everyone believed him i think. That's mad if it's true though, I mean, in the 80's I was led to believe that heroin was seriously and instantly addictive - is it though?

Yeah, that Owen Wilson suicide attempt has been pretty much forgotten by everyone. It's a wierd one. He never spoke about it or addressed it like a normal person in the public eye would do.

He just glossed over it by numbing peoples minds in a succession of sub standard comedies and eventually everyone forgot and just saw him as the guy with the funny face and bad script and not the depressed razor wielding sociopath.

Because someone's famous they're somehow obliged to discuss extremely personal matters in public?

People who attempt/commit suicide are sociopaths?

What?

When someones very famous and they go through some high profile personal trauma that's public knowledge, and theres some confusion regarding whats happened, they'll put out a statement to let their fans know whats going on. The Owen Wilson thing was a rare case where he decided to ignore everyone and carry on like nothing had happened. Of course it's his decision to do that, it's just strange he wouldn't clear the air knowing evrybody knew about it.

I think if he had gone public with it, he might have been the first Hollywood actor to admit to attempting suicide.

As far as I'm aware I don't think anyone famous has ever been that frank about suicide. It's one of the those last taboo things. Sex and drug addiction is daytime TV nowadays.

Now suicide and assisted-suicide... People literally choosing when to die. The public ain't ready for that. And maybe they shouldn't be.

Death, whether successfully attempted or not, is something you won't have to live with and talk about afterwards. So why go public about the time you tried to die?

When someones very famous and they go through some high profile personal trauma that's public knowledge, and theres some confusion regarding whats happened, they'll put out a statement to let their fans know whats going on. The Owen Wilson thing was a rare case where he decided to ignore everyone and carry on like nothing had happened. Of course it's his decision to do that, it's just strange he wouldn't clear the air knowing evrybody knew about it.

Don't those statements usually consist of something along the lines of "I was going through a rough patch"? Something you can usually sort of figure out for yourself when someone makes an attempt at killing themselves?

It's usually a very embarrassing thing for someone to even talk about suicidal thoughts, let alone an attempt, I can see how someone would prefer not to make any public statements. Kudos to people that do though.

I think if he had gone public with it, he might have been the first Hollywood actor to admit to attempting suicide.

As far as I'm aware I don't think anyone famous has ever been that frank about suicide. It's one of the those last taboo things. Sex and drug addiction is daytime TV nowadays.

Now suicide and assisted-suicide... People literally choosing when to die. The public ain't ready for that. And maybe they shouldn't be.

Death, whether successfully attempted or not, is something you won't have to live with and talk about afterwards. So why go public about the time you tried to die?

Stephen Fry is an example of someone who did talk about a recent suicide attempt.

http://www.theguardian.com/culture/2013/jun/05/stephen-fry-attempted-suicide-bipolar

Thanks for telling the truth mastanate. If I can ask you a personal question, what do opiates do for you specifically? Do they alleviate the effects of trauma like Limpy's neighbor? Or is it something else?

Something about opiates unnerves me and I think it has to do with an experience I heard about where everything felt okay. I know my personality and I think if I found something that made me feel like that I might well drop out of life entirely. So props for finding a balance that works for you, I guess.

Don't those statements usually consist of something along the lines of "I was going through a rough patch"? Something you can usually sort of figure out for yourself when someone makes an attempt at killing themselves?

It's usually a very embarrassing thing for someone to even talk about suicidal thoughts, let alone an attempt, I can see how someone would prefer not to make any public statements. Kudos to people that do though.

Even just to acknowledge the event had occurred with a mere "I was going through a rough patch" would have shown some strength of character by Wilson. I remember watching interviews with him on chat shows a few years later and it was clear his agent had banned all talk of the controversy.

Someone like Steven Fry, as you mentioned is the total antithesis of this. He speaks openly of his troubles and recent suicide attempts without having to. Just different guys, i guess.

Archived