IGNORED

Woody Allen/Dylan Farrow thing

lumpenprol

Before the PSH news broke I was digging a bit into the sordid history of the Woody Allen child abuse accusation. The more you read the more interesting it gets, I think. I have my own theory, but I'm wondering if anyone else has been digging into this? I think it's fascinating.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If i were an alien and someone from earth told me woody allen was a pedophile i would believe and not dispute that claim, i mean how old was his adopted daughter when he started fucking her?

lets just say that Woody Allen didn't have his wife murdered by Charlie Manson, so i give him less of a free pass for trying to fuck an underage girl

I've heard lots of back and forth on the whole 'he married his daughter' thing, and I tried to remain as neutral as possible on it until i saw a documentary created by Woody Allen himself about his relationship with her (or maybe it just had a lot of her in it and their interactions) what I found after I watched it is that I saw Woody Allen as a very sleazy pedo-esque manipulative rapey dude. Maybe he's not quite on the level of Terry richardson but he definitely sort of exudes a really off putting vibe through out this whole documentary. I didn't find their relationship 'cute' i found it kinda creepy and sort of gross.

If i were an alien and someone from earth told me woody allen was a pedophile i would believe and not dispute that claim, i mean how old was his adopted daughter when he started fucking her?

That a misconception, she wasn't his step daughter

That a misconception, she wasn't his step daughter

mia farrow also went out with frank sinatra who was 20-30 years her senior

His son is totally the product of Mia Farrow and Frank Sinatra fucking. Look at the kid next to Frankie. It's obvious.

But, yeh, Woody was a creep, so are a lot of famous people from what I've heard/experienced.

i'm not sure if it's actually true. it's difficult to refute such specific claims, and i have no doubt woody allen is a piece of shit, but in this case, i'm not totally convinced.

i'm ambivalent about his films. midnight in paris is probably the only one i can tolerate. he seems like a total creep, always has.

The disappointing thing is the number of 'celebrities' who jump to Woody Allen's defence the second Dylan Farrow or whoever come out and talk about Allen's past. The only people who know the truth are Allen and Farrow. Other people should just STFU in the media and respect the fact that their comments are hugely hurtful to the large number of people who are victims of unpunished child abuse.

His son is totally the product of Mia Farrow and Frank Sinatra fucking. Look at the kid next to Frankie. It's obvious.

But, yeh, Woody was a creep, so are a lot of famous people from what I've heard/experienced.

True, but many don't act on their creepy inclinations and then threaten anyone who speaks out against it. A lot of people who are mute or defensive of Allen are based on his reputation and cult of personality above all else. And some articles, like this one, coming out in his defense really give off a bad vibe.

Also, full disclosure, I really don't care for the guy artistically. In fact, the only Woody Allen movie I've seen is Antz and I have no desire to change this fact of my life. I don't have time to watch a movie focused on a neurotic, nebbish, self-deprecating character, let alone watch the same formula a dozen or two times. I rather re-watch anything with Rick Moranis in it.

i'm not sure if it's actually true. it's difficult to refute such specific claims, and i have no doubt woody allen is a piece of shit, but in this case, i'm not totally convinced.

i'm ambivalent about his films. midnight in paris is probably the only one i can tolerate. he seems like a total creep, always has.

Agreed. My theory is that while Woody is a bit weirdo for marrying his girlfriend's adopted child (not his adopted child), this doesn't necessarily have a bearing on the Dylan abuse claim. In fact after combing through a lot of stuff I think Woody is innocent and Mia Farrow is a conniving psycho bitch. Can type more later but read this for starters:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/01/27/the-woody-allen-allegations-not-so-fast.html

Yes the guy's snarky "posture of objectivity" is off-putting, but otherwise he sums up the skeptical point of view well.

And yeah, I find it verrrry interesting that Mia Farrow's brother was *convicted* of child sexual abuse, and she was in a twisted huge-age-gap relationship with Sinatra and fathered a child with him so many years after they had broken up, and so many years into her relationship with Allen.

Also watch Mia Farrow's reactions and tics during this interview:

http://www.tmz.com/2014/02/04/mia-farrow-woody-allen-dylan-sexual-molestation-interview-soon-yi/

My opinion is she has several "tells" that indicate quite clearly she is lying.

My theory is the Farrow patriarch was likely a pedo and abused Mia's brother and maybe herself, so she became fixated on the idea. I think there is an outside possibility that Mia sought out Woody because he also has pedo tendencies (as abused people tend to do), but I'm not convinced he's an actual pedophile. The actual circumstances under which the abuse was supposed to have taken place (after Farrow and Woody were embroiled in a break-up, and with other people in the house) seems highly unlikely. It wouldn't surprised me if it was in fact Farrow's brother who abused Dylan (assuming any abuse actually did take place, which I kind of doubt).

Read the article I linked above, I think it sums things up well. To me, while I admit there's room for interpretation and I'm not totally set in my view, I think it's a really interesting case study of how evil/vindictive women can be when "wronged" ("hell hath no fury like the woman scorned"). I mean by all accounts Ronan Farrow was a child prodigy but I believe Mia has him wrapped around her finger.

Just my 0.02 at this point in time based on what I've read/seen so far.

edit: ah, joshuatx already linked that article. Well I agree it has a shitty tone, but I think the points are salient.

Guest Wall Bird

The Onion about sums it up for me:

Boy, I’ve Really Put You In A Tough Spot, Haven’t I?

By Woody Allen

As those who have followed the uproar surrounding my lifetime achievement award at this year’s Golden Globes are aware, my name has again become the source of controversy. Once more, the media, the general public, and my own family members have called into question the propriety of continuing to honor and lavish praise upon an individual—myself, legendary film director Woody Allen—who has been accused of committing crimes of the most deplorable nature. Addressing this highly contentious matter would require you to delve into the following ethical quandary: Do you continue to support me as a filmmaker, writer, and human being who has technically not been convicted of any crime, or do you henceforth cease your admiration of me and my work due to the admittedly pretty damn compelling evidence that I molested at least one young child?

I mean, wow, I’ve really put you guys in a pretty tight spot here, haven’t I? Can’t say I envy you people one bit; this one’s a real doozy.

Gosh, just thinking about the moral ramifications of this situation is enough to make one’s head spin, frankly. On one hand, you have the accusations that have been leveled against me: that I am a sexual predator who molested my adopted adolescent daughter while simultaneously entering into a sexual relationship with the child of my now ex-partner that continues to this day. But on the other hand, you have my truly lovable persona and monumental contributions to cinema—as evidenced by such timeless works as Manhattan, The Purple Rose Of Cairo, and Crimes And Misdemeanors—that have delighted millions of people and unquestionably benefited society as a whole.

So, do you blindly condemn me based on unproven allegations of sexual impropriety that, even if true, shouldn't automatically diminish the import of my immense artistic contributions? Or do you maintain that the value of my work supersedes what I may or may not have done in my personal life, knowing that in doing so you are most likely siding with a pederast whom the American public has inexplicably let off the hook for a series of horrific crimes that in a just world would have seen me in handcuffs long ago?

Continued: http://www.theonion.com/articles/boy-ive-really-put-you-in-a-tough-spot-havent-i,34949/

Yeah it's a little harsh to dismiss Allen solely on the merits of Antz. It would be like only listening to the KTPA tracks and judging Aphex.

Anything we say will obviously only be speculation (unless one of the two parties confirms the opposite's allegations), but I have to say that the dailybeast article linked above casts some serious doubts on the allegations against Allen.

I like lumpy's hypothesis about the Farrow patriarch being abusive.

Yeah it's a little harsh to dismiss Allen solely on the merits of Antz. It would be like only listening to the KTPA tracks and judging Aphex.

It's a pretty absurd stance, and I know films like Annie Hall have their merits. It's just one of those "I get it, but I don't get it" examples for me.

Yeah, I mean I came into reading about it fully ready to be anti-Woody, but the more I read about it, the more suspect the claim seemed. I mean, there was a three-month (or six-month, depending on where you read it) investigation by frigging sex-abuse experts from the Yale-New Haven clinic that found that nothing happened and the claim was likely invented by Mia. If true, that must make it one of the more interesting and high-profile cases of parent-implanted false memory.

Moses Farrow just came out in support of Woody, says he knows the claim was fabricated:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/04/showbiz/woody-allen-dylan-farrow-letter/

another article agreeing with the "false memory" read:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/hamill-dylan-child-molestation-claims-woody-allen-planted-article-1.1601295

one thing's for sure, if you want to ruin someone's reputation for good, there's no better way than accusing them of child abuse. Even normally rational people are quick to rush to judgment on that one.

If you start siding with the Woody position, Mia's psychology becomes all the more interesting. I mean she has been a long-time supporter and come to the defense of Roman Polanski, lol. And she signed off on having her clips used in the Woody Allen tribute she then disrupted with child abuse claim! She's a batshit piece of work, imo.

This open letter by Dylan Farrow herself is pretty damn powerful and hard to cast doubt upon...

http://kristof.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/02/01/an-open-letter-from-dylan-farrow/

Honestly I've never really considered myself a Woody Allen fan, I think I've only seen Annie Hall and Take The Money And Run (oh and I guess Antz) and Take the Money is about the only one I really somewhat cared for. But after reading this letter and hearing all the claims I don't have much of a desire to watch his other films. The guy always did give off a bit of a creepy vibe.

it is very vivid but I don't find it hard to cast doubt upon it.

Have you read the report from the Yale New Haven investigators (who, remember, were professional sex abuse experts)? I strongly recommend reading the actual doc as it's quite compelling.

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/02/woody-allen-dylan-farrow-sexual-abuse-secret-report-exonerated/

http://amradaronline.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/yale-new-haven-hospital-allen.pdf

keep in mind that Satchel/Dylan's virginity was intact, so what we're talking about here is inappropriate touching and possibly fingering. Dylan was not able to clearly identify where she touched him (she kept referring to her shoulder), she acted as though she was coached, and fixated on Allen's relationship with Soon Yi, which is something his mom was fixated on. Her story was completely inconsistent.

From the report:

In summary Dylan presented as an intelligent, verbal 7-year-old whose story telling was quite elaborate and fantasy-like at times who manifested loose associations in her thinking. She appeared confused about what to relate to the interviewers and was very controlling of what she would say...She was upset by the loss of her father and Soon-Yi and worried that her father might take her away from her mother's care. She felt protective of and worried for her mother. Dylan was very much attuned to her mother's pain, and her mother reinforced Dylan's losses and her negative view of her father.

It is our expert opinion that Dylan was not sexually abused by Mr. Allen. Further, Dylan's statements on videotape and her statements tous during our evaluation do not refer to actual events that occurred...While we can conclude that Dylan was not sexually abused, we cannot be definitive about whether the second formulation by itself or the third formulation by itself is true. We believe that it is more likely that a combination of these two formulations best explains Dylan’s allegations of sexual abuse.”

The major reasons for their finding were as follows, the report stated:

1. There were important inconsistencies in Dylan statements in the video tape and her statements to us.

2. She appeared to struggle with how to tell about the touching.

3. She told the story in a manner that was overly thoughtful and controlling. There was no spontaneity in her statements, and a rehearsed quality was suggested in how she spoke.

4. Her descriptions of the details surrounding the alleged events were unusual and inconsistent.

I mean Mia filmed Dylan over *three days* and stop-start edited it quite a bit, before giving it to the police. Does that seem like normal concerned parent behavior? I think it would be normal to take the child immediately to the doctor's, or the police. One of the maids even said she had to quit because Mia tried to pay her off to accuse Allen.

It's easy to believe the guy used his power and influence as a highly respected film director to make up for his unattractiveness and possible insecurities with women. But there's like, billions of women that are literally NOT your stepdaughter, so WTF dude. Weirdo.

Archived