a3075119355_2.jpg

This is my first Zephyr Nova album since 2011's Shatterscapes. It's sort of my take on ambient music, produced between October and November of last year. The album art was created by Dan Ainslie, AKA Goiter Sanchez, who came through with outstanding work as always.

You can download it for free (or pay what you want) here: http://zephyrnova.bandcamp.com/album/shivering-towers

The album is a uniquely Zephyr take on ambient tropes. For those familiar with his past work there are definitely influences from other projects audible, but this is a wholly unique and engaging work which I've had the pleasure of spending a lot of time with lately: repeat listens will absolutely reward.

Also, getting something like this FOR FREE is ridiculous! Zephyr is genuinely in this for the art and we should all be thankful that he's willing to part with work of this quality for no assured monetary gain (though that shouldn't stop you from throwing a fiver his way).

dude do you really have 2 tracks on Erotic Chill Out Collection, Vol. 7?

http://www.amazon.com/Erotic-Chill-Out-Collection-Vol/dp/B00AAP60Y0

OMGWTFLOL?!

lol, not with my permission, no. But there they are! I was hoping that would just go unnoticed forever by everyone. Whatever, if some cheeseballs wanna chill erotically to my tunes, so be it.

Thanks for the feedbacks. I really like one Cocteau song, Heaven or Las Vegas. I bought an album of theirs on a whim and couldn't stomach the production (a common thing among 80's artists I think I like initially until hearing on headphones)... not sure whether I made it all the way through. But that one song is glorious, and I'm sure they've got others too. I believe Mr. Sanchez is a fan.

OMGWTFLOL?!

lol, not with my permission, no. But there they are! I was hoping that would just go unnoticed forever by everyone. Whatever, if some cheeseballs wanna chill erotically to my tunes, so be it.

Thanks for the feedbacks. I really like one Cocteau song, Heaven or Las Vegas. I bought an album of theirs on a whim and couldn't stomach the production (a common thing among 80's artists I think I like initially until hearing on headphones)... not sure whether I made it all the way through. But that one song is glorious, and I'm sure they've got others too. I believe Mr. Sanchez is a fan.

Yeah, I am a CT freak! That being said I hadn't made that comparison. If anything I would say that Amsilem sounds like portions of Burial's latest EP 'Rival Dealer' (specifically 'Hiders' and 'Come Down To Us').

OMGWTFLOL?!

dewy dewy hiccup is nice as is lorelei, and a couple more i can't remember. Most of their stuff is rather pointless (sorry watmm), but they have a couple of shimmery classics. And imO heaven or las vegas is not one of them.

also kudos at being on a compilation that people specifically bought for the purposes of fucking to. Sorry about not getting to bill them for it. ;-/

Interesting artwork goits.

Listened to this yesterday, really enjoyed.

Bits of it reminded me of mid to late period Hafler Trio.

Cool, I still need to check them out. It's tough to find their tunes anywhere. Also, I downloaded your albums a while back but i had just acquired an iPod, and there were some weird syncing issues with those particular files. I'll give it another go soon, now that I actually know the ins and outs of the software.

Love it ! Great ambient \o/

Thanks! :beer:

Amsilem is gorgeous. Could have been a track off R Plus Seven. Did you have Oneohtrix in mind when creating this piece?

Edited by Ifeelspace

Thank you. I had not yet heard that album when I produced it, and the only time I've had another artist in mind while doing a track was for the Autechre comp. (In that case I was deliberately trying to make a track that could pass as an Autechre track.) I'm actually not a big fan of Oneohtrix, but I did think his new album brought something new and interesting to the table.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest eczem

Amazing work Zephyr, I really enjoyed this. It doesn't really sound alot like anything else to me, which is good. Bell Tolls Tomorrow is riveting.

• 11 months later...

I just listened to your old track 23:23 for the first time in years.

I still sing the melody in my head from time to time.

Googled Zephyr Nova and found this album on Bandcamp.

Really really nice.

Last track is well lush.

• 4 months later...

I just listened to your old track 23:23 for the first time in years.

I still sing the melody in my head from time to time.

Googled Zephyr Nova and found this album on Bandcamp.

Really really nice.

Last track is well lush.

Oh hey, I missed this post somehow. Thanks! 23:23.... I think I posted that in YLC back in 2006?? Damn, that's almost a decade ago. Crazy! Glad it left an impression.