IGNORED

Florian Hecker of sampling

The first thought that came to my mind was early Hafler Trio (when it was still two people), eg "BANG" - An Open Letter

(if I'm reading the question right that is, are you asking: who goes bat-shit insane with samples in the same way that hecker goes bat-shit insane with synthesis)

The first thought that came to my mind was early Hafler Trio (when it was still two people), eg "BANG" - An Open Letter

(if I'm reading the question right that is, are you asking: who goes bat-shit insane with samples in the same way that hecker goes bat-shit insane with synthesis)

Yes, that's just what I tried to say!

Mr. Oizo, especially on Moustache (Half A Scissor)

Otto von Schirach, used only bathroom noises on Pukology, though i'm not a fan of that record

That's off the top of my penis

Dust Brothers made that album. that's why it sounds so different to Beasties' other shit. Check Your Head is still my fave though.

Dust Brothers on Paul's Boutique

Dust Brothers made that album. that's why it sounds so different to Beasties' other shit. Check Your Head is still my fave though.

Yeah that thing is chock full of samples, the dense sampling of the era is my personal favorite aspect of golden age hip-hop, other classics. Lot of clever uses too, even if the sampling was more minimal:

http://youtu.be/OdMo7XJwtBA

Prince Paul doing De La Soul's Three Feet High And Rising, Bombsquad and Public Enemy (especially Fear of a Black Planet)

Another classic:

http://youtu.be/gRM1S6Jno8A

Prodigy and Meat Beat Manifesto had some dense albums and tracks too.

Warren G sampling Michael McDonald (into a fucking killer track)

El-P's sampling of Jaco is soo good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj-4kHBHoTQ

Doom samples like mad

America's Most Blunted has tons of samples, obviously the steve reich one will be familiar to people on here. I know he also samples Sun Ra on that track, can't remember anything else.

Meat Grinder samples Zappa

I think these hip-hop examples are too narrative to compare them with F.Hecker, aswell as VHS Head-like sampling (there was a micro-sampling trend back in the day). John Oswald is the true obvious example, because he's the founder of plunderphonics concept, which is some kind of an analogue to full-on synthesis fixation of Hecker and alike. But i don't know notable artists in that field who would go as hardcore as Otto or Oizo. Herbert or Matmos are soft.

Madlib Medicine Show 6: The Brain Wreck Show

I really do not see the appeal of florian Hecker though.

Warren G sampling Michael McDonald (into a fucking killer track)

El-P's sampling of Jaco is soo good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj-4kHBHoTQ

Doom samples like mad

America's Most Blunted has tons of samples, obviously the steve reich one will be familiar to people on here. I know he also samples Sun Ra on that track, can't remember anything else.

Meat Grinder samples Zappa

Madlib produced madvillainy though. Sorry I had to

Hecker makes mad use of various synthesises, who do you think does the same with sampling?

Sorry if you got provocated

hmm hard to say, if you're looking for just fucked up chaotic/weird collage stuff with a lot of edits try out Wobbly/Jon Leidecker or Runzelstirn and Gurgelstock / Rudolph Eber. Bang an Open Letter by H3O is a good one too, they also put out Thirsty Fish which is of a similar but more ambient nature.

good one Joseph.

Though if I know Cheese, he already knows Oval.

And Amen Lare is def correct when he says the hip-hop suggestions are off point.

Also Stockhausen and Walkman might fit your needs cheese.

Cassetteboy!

**slaps forehead**

Is the slapping cause you forgot?

I only remembered cause I actually have that 7" and it's still in Seoul....

I mean if we're going that route Osymyso is pretty fucking goddamned shit hot.

And yes inside a whale cock is highly recommended!!

Archived