IGNORED

Have you ever walked out on a movie and asked for a refund?

producer snafu

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's 100% your fault if you go into a movie by a specific director, producer, etc with specific actors and expect anything different than their archetypal roles, unless the trailers specify otherwise. You've already said you don't view trailers. So you're going into movies completely blind and then asking for refunds.

That's BS.

Guest bitroast

i walked out on southland tales but lol no did not ask for money back.

(friend saw it mentioned and we took the gamble and saw it based on donnie darko directer/nothing else. it sucked.)

southland_tales_ver4_xlg.jpg

Considering how commercial (usually) the movie theatre experience is, i wouldnt consider it dickish to ask for a refund, as it doesnt equate to something like a music concert

Considering how commercial (usually) the movie theatre experience is, i wouldnt consider it dickish to ask for a refund, as it doesnt equate to something like a music concert

Anything you pay for is commercial.

Pay for a flight and then complain that there was too much turbulence to get your money back.

lol

:sad::sad::sad: it wasn't what I expected it was too bumpy :sad:

I guess i meant most of the movie industry is huge whereas something more "small market" would be less forgiving with the refunds, and rightfully so.

I guess i meant most of the movie industry is huge whereas something more "small market" would be less forgiving with the refunds, and rightfully so.

Oh I agree with you there! Most definitely!

Hollywood doesn't need more of our money.

I'm just advocating consumer responsibility, personal accountability.

People make poor choices and expect everyone else to foot the bill....

That being said, the movie theatre shouldnt have to pay for your distaste of particular films, as a restaurant shouldnt have to refund everyone that complains there was too much or too little of this or that.

That being said, the movie theatre shouldnt have to pay for your distaste of particular films, as a restaurant shouldnt have to refund everyone that complains there was too much or too little of this or that.

Those are my thoughts, personally...

Don't go to a Mexican restaurant if you're not sure you like Mexican. Don't go to a Kohen brothers film if you don't like their style.

Don't french fry when you're supposed to pizza, or you're going to have a real bad time....

I've definitely walked out at the end of a movie (and once or twice partway through) and said to myself "well there's X hours and Y dollars I'm never getting back." But like animated gif sunglasses I deal with it. Nobody put a gun to my head and made me buy a ticket.

The closest I've ever come to asking for a refund at a movie theatre was at one of those Lord of the Rings movies, I knew it was 3+ hours and wasn't so keen on seeing it, but my friend was really into the books so I went with it. Got there at 2:30 or whenever the listed start time was, only to be subjected to an unending amount of previews, well over 1/2 hours worth. I told my friend fuck it, if there's one more I'm outta here and getting my refund, but of course by then the movie finally comes on lol amirite?

Yes, because of a bunch of gangster kids who first occupied my seat and didn't wanna leave it for me, and who then talked loudly during the entire film until I left 30 minutes in. Refund granted.

so after that happened finally a scene comes along with batman in it.

i heard his voice and thought to myself, that's odd, i don't recall batman sounding like cookie monster

Ahahahahaha.....

It is not a "dick move" to request a refund for a ticket to a movie that turned out to be "less than expected".

Lots of dumb consumers in this thread. Clearly you're all used to being hoodwinked.

Guest HokusPoker

You can ask for a refund where there's a definition of what the product should deliver. Whether a movie fulfills your requirements is a matter of taste.

It is not a "dick move" to request a refund for a ticket to a movie that turned out to be "less than expected".

Lots of dumb consumers in this thread. Clearly you're all used to being hoodwinked.

Nope, I just don't have a sense of entitlement like most people.

For the record, I've never seen a movie at the theater that I didn't like. Because I know what I'm going to see going into it.

bloodsport-blind.jpg

Only movie I've almost walked out of was The Tailor of Panama, mostly because I just found it boring.

However, as a general rule, I never walk out of a movie; I don't even leave my seat to hit up the toilet (in case I miss something good). A film might start off shit and /or drag for a bit, but there is always that chance that it will turn around and become better as it goes on.

Guest glasse

OP is obviously half-trololol. Drew Berrymore? Batman Rises as the first one?

If you see that little of a movie and walk out you should be allowed to go to a different movie, but not necessarily get your money back because the theater is not responsible for your taste and you should have watched the trailers or read the reviews.

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

Asking for a refund is fine. not dickish at all. as long as its before the end of the film. If it was my local always-almost-closing-down arthouse cinema then that would be dickisj but the multiplex can suck-a-fuck. they make their money on popcorn anyway. do you ask for a refund on popcorn?

Nope, I just don't have a sense of entitlement like most people.

For the record, I've never seen a movie at the theater that I didn't like. Because I know what I'm going to see going into it.

absolute bollocks,

you don't go into a brand new screening of a brand new film, knowing everything about the film. that would require you to have seen the film before you've seen it.

stop talking bollocks.

Archived