IGNORED

Avril 14th in Major Scale

guidewire

interesting! I would describe it as happy still though, but a bit awkward. Definitely a minor scale kind of feeling though I'm pretty sure it's in a major scale? I would like to hear it done properly!

Guest Akiak

Sounded like shite at first, but there were some good parts.

reminded me of the super slowed-down version. that was crazy.

person who made this is a dumdum

the tune was already in a major key

he transposed it to a random other major key (major 3rd up from orginal)

so it's like...why? stuff like this needs a conceptual hook to be interesting

for example "it was in a minor key, now it's in the parallel major key"

this is just..."it was in one key, now it's in another key...so now the harmony and melody is terrible"

Can't hear how it sounds darker

corrected...

and at least the main, uh, how do you name it... the beginning and middle part sounds darker, others sound like shit. I would like to hear it done correctly, like some say,

^ I like it!

LimpyLoo is correct re: OP. It was already in a major scale? Perhaps whoever did it was under the impression that minor scale = use of sharps, lol

Would they be surround files? I have no clue. I don't think I'd ever mix for surround. At least in 2014. He had to do it in surround for his mixing class I believe.

I always thought things would have to be panned differently for surround. Heh.

Well, you need extra data for the additional channels. So far I haven't seen a streamable format that is capable of multichannel output (or even a widely used mainstream audio format). For that reason I abandoned my 5.1 projects until there is something that supports it other than DVD.

Yeah. I really don't even know the second thing about mixing in surround sound. I've been wondering if it'll become the norm in about 10-20 years though.

Stereo is 2 channels. Surround is 5 or 6. I don't think it's possible to upload surround stuff to soundcloud.

Stereo is 2 channels. Surround is 5 or 6. I don't think it's possible to upload surround stuff to soundcloud.

haha, well I knew that! I just didn't realize that it would require a different format all together. Makes sense I guess.

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

Did the person that made the transposed version in the OP even have ears? Fucking piss poor

Well, you need extra data for the additional channels. So far I haven't seen a streamable format that is capable of multichannel output (or even a widely used mainstream audio format). For that reason I abandoned my 5.1 projects until there is something that supports it other than DVD.

How about computers? If you have a nice soundcard and a 5.1 system, you're probably able to play 5.1 flacs and stuff like that.

How about computers? If you have a nice soundcard and a 5.1 system, you're probably able to play 5.1 flacs and stuff like that.

Wait, flacs support 5.1? Can they be uploaded to bandcamp and keep the 5.1 information? If so, that changes everything..

Archived