IGNORED

EDM C2 / D4 / E1

calx

So C2 would be far and away my least favourite of the series , despite having some killer tunes like TBS1, AJ1, Sister Ruth III, and all the ambient ones at the end. The ambient pieces at the end of this seem more developed than those on A2.

With such a varied release it makes sense this would be the case... I hope if any of these aliases get a spin-off album its J.K or Jidomatix.

Not sure how I'd go with a LP of Your Mum.

Exactly my thoughts. Even though C2 might not be as good as the other volumes it doesn't make it worthless. I find it just slightly different from A2 and B2. I dig it but one has to always be the last. I really love TBS1. And like I already said Your Mum tracks were much better than I feared. Ended up enjoying MUMS a lot. And yep, the ambient pieces were much better than those on A2. Usually when listening to it I don't pay much attention to those.

J.K and Jidomatix are always the ones that I know will be solid. Usually don't know what to expect from the other ones. Sometimes I get the feeling that Jodey throws a dice or something to choose a moniker to the songs. Sister Ruth III could be a Black Narcissus song and Rob Kidley track is quite far away from the ones on A2. Also five Jidomatix pieces have been released this year and none of them under the Jidomatix moniker. It could have been only the channel name and doesn't really matter since it's the same guy anyway. Throwing my cents around here...

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love everything about Porch Road except the length, great SAWII vibes but why so way too short? Listening to G.W-C on the way to work this morning it sounded like it could easily be incidental music from Mission Impossible (the original TV series), where they're just setting the mission up.

Guest dylanmcknd

Well I do not own this yet (as much as I would like to) because I can't afford to dish out well over 100 bucks for three albums, a record player and a cassette player. I'm just hoping a digital version will be on its way soon, because from the samples and the couple youtube videos I've seen, this is some seriously ace stuff. Like really seriously good.

On the Mount Vernon stuff, I thought it was Jodey himself that had cancer? I could be wrong, but I thought he said that on his facebook page at some point. He said something about being given only two months to live last year, couldn't imagine what that was like. Seems like a very interesting and cool concept to make an album reflecting the experiences of it, can't wait to listen!

Help me guys! Does the edm records come all in one package or in two separate packages? Just arrived today an EDM package with only the vinyl in it (E1 Mount Vernon), and no cd and tape. The package was packed and closed very well so i don't think that the tape and cd had been taken or slipped away.

Hmm that sucks, email Jodey?

:( I've just sended a pm to jk via facebook and a mail to edm.

it was sealed so well, i hope it was a mistake (like forgot to full one box), i hope that there's no braindance thieves at the royal (or italian) mail or i'm doomed!

Guest jasondonervan

it was sealed so well, i hope it was a mistake (like forgot to full one box), i hope that there's no braindance thieves at the royal (or italian) mail or i'm doomed!

:cattears:

Just the one package for my bundle. Hope it's just a mix-up at Jodey's end... and that he has a few spares lurking around for you

:cattears:

Just the one package for my bundle. Hope it's just a mix-up at Jodey's end... and that he has a few spares lurking around for you

let's hope :catcry:

Well I do not own this yet (as much as I would like to) because I can't afford to dish out well over 100 bucks for three albums, a record player and a cassette player. I'm just hoping a digital version will be on its way soon, because from the samples and the couple youtube videos I've seen, this is some seriously ace stuff. Like really seriously good.

On the Mount Vernon stuff, I thought it was Jodey himself that had cancer? I could be wrong, but I thought he said that on his facebook page at some point. He said something about being given only two months to live last year, couldn't imagine what that was like. Seems like a very interesting and cool concept to make an album reflecting the experiences of it, can't wait to listen!

Nah, wasn't Jodey, that was a text written by his wife that he posted on his facebook.

I listened to Heidi's album with the EDM 12" following right afterwards yesterday - they seem like twins, or cousins in vibe, absolutely amazing.

Jodey wrote me that the guys at the edm gmail will deal with the problem and everything will be fine ! YAY!

In the meantime i'm really really enjoying the Mount Vernon Soundtrack, his warm analogue tones, the moody/mysterious melodic ambients. It's different from other Jodey works, i like its simpler structure. With this cn and the new legowelt i think it's been a good year for this kind of analogue/soundtracky/electro/ambient albums.

Jodey wrote me that the guys at the edm gmail will deal with the problem and everything will be fine ! YAY!

In the meantime i'm really really enjoying the Mount Vernon Soundtrack, his warm analogue tones, the moody/mysterious melodic ambients. It's different from other Jodey works, i like its simpler structure. With this cn and the new legowelt i think it's been a good year for this kind of analogue/soundtracky/electro/ambient albums.

hmm it seems i can't edit my post (don't remember this on read the rule but ok). Well I've received a mail from the edm team and they will send me the missing tape and cd. Really cool peoples! ^^

Another nice fact: all the vocals on the Mount Vernon OST are done by Heidi :)

Except for the Mount Vernon Theme which features vocals by Jodey as well I'm assuming. :)

Well we got there in the end, (goes with the other side of the planet thing).

dleetr-2014-12-12_-_edmthingoez.jpg

bring on the flacc or whatever so i can listen to the chuneness.

Luckily i was awake when the chap arrived because he put the box on the doormat which the door swings out over, probably would have snapped the vinyl inside the box just opening the door, heh.

lol, doh, yeah sorry. i only had eyes for the presents from afar that were on my coffee table, not what i'd put them on. i posted a quick sketch in biro (which is all i ever do, and i do all the time, don't have to the persistence to draw something for more than a minute or three, every now and again i'll make a bit more of a go of it in pencil with a theme and more detail and shit) on here once in the art thread and it din go down well with anyone, so that was the last time that i did that , heh.

Another nice fact: all the vocals on the Mount Vernon OST are done by Heidi :)

Except for the Mount Vernon Theme which features vocals by Jodey as well I'm assuming. :)

Nope!

"Mount Vernon Theme is all Heidi's vocals." (quoting JK here)

just sliced the tape on my parcel

should go get my old Denon tape player out of the loft, hook it up to The Beast Amp and resurrect some old technology

still have a box of TDK 90's of old John Peel broadcasts among Jarre and Pink Floyd

light up my pipe, put on my slippers and nod

just sliced the tape on my parcel

should go get my old Denon tape player out of the loft, hook it up to The Beast Amp and resurrect some old technology

still have a box of TDK 90's of old John Peel broadcasts among Jarre and Pink Floyd

light up my pipe, put on my slippers and nod

That sounds like an excellent idea.

Archived