IGNORED

EDM C2 / D4 / E1

calx

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

heard C2 and D4. Still up for St. Vernons mount

C2 - loved everything, including moms, except jidomatixAJ1 and Stupid FC. i skip those. but there are always couple of tracks that i skip on EDMs, and im sure they are there for a reason, so ok...can forever listen to orpheus and sister ruth on other hand

D4 - loved the second part of the tape. first reminds me of beatwife - good sounds but i instantly forget what was the track after it ends. need to have a few more listens.

Probably lacking strong hit tracks like Lo-pan, but still very solid release

Vernon will be good im sure

Great work, Jodey, thank you! :ok:

I'm surprised at how much I liked D4 being on cassette. Maybe it's just that I haven't listened to a cassette in years and so some nostalgia factor was giving my brain a nice tickle, but I thought the lo-fi quality and analogue clipping I was able to get out of recording the cassette had a nice warmth to it.

yeah there is a magic to turning on a machine making analogue noise and having something awesome emerge from it

i need a tape player and a record player now. any advice for someone who can't afford anything? tag sales is what i'm thinking, but the season for those is the summer

yeah there is a magic to turning on a machine making analogue noise and having something awesome emerge from it

i need a tape player and a record player now. any advice for someone who can't afford anything? tag sales is what i'm thinking, but the season for those is the summer

thrift shops

A co-worker actually had an old one sitting in a storage room she used years ago at work, so she just gave it to me lol. Never hurts to ask around, a lot of people couldn't be bothered to actually sell 'em if they still have one.

on c2? i matched the shade of green to the picture accompanying the c2 previews on youtube, so i think it's pretty much exact

my bad, I was referencing your image with another WATMM mock up which has a slightly brighter green hue.....which actually looks a bit nicer.(subjective)

Well, I've listened to D4 and C2 now.

D4 is good.

C2 is my least favourite of the entire series so far.

I'm still finding that nothing in the series even comes close in terms of quality to a few songs off of the first two releases. Where are the compo mendes or data sync quality tracks? HKB?

Oh right those were by someone else.

The first time I heard the start of Stupid FC I thought I still had Guitar Pro opened and lol'ed at the sounds. But I love how the way it builds and suddenly turns into full-on lush mode a minute or so in. I'm really getting into CD as a whole now too :)

edit: been playing this at least 10 times after this post. So good!

lol i got the cd out the other day and was going to play it then didn't get around to it because i couldn't budge the plastic and was too lazy to get off the couch to grab some scizzors, then in ther interceding time my mum came to visit and now i can't find the disc. It's be somewhere but the me that doesn't want to get off the couch to grab scissors is the me that doesn't want to tear the house apart to find where the disc ended up.

doh.

/ie: can't wait for the flacc to get uploaded.

Archived