IGNORED

EDM C2 / D4 / E1

calx

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like he tried to emulate the weird synth things on xmas evet

bingo

either he used similar equipment or it's actually sampled from xmas eve and chopped up

anyone with actual knowledge of how these things work, thoughts?

Yup drums on D4 are brilliant. I'm loving Antic Live & Dec 21st 2012 the most. But also good to see the YT tracks back like Ivingoe Beacon

Awesome, that was my fave track from that channel! I received the package yesterday, only heard the CD so far, it's well weird. The first track especially seems like such an (intentional) mess, but I like it. I liked the second half of the CD better in the first two listens. It'll need some more spins asap!

But first, on to the cassette and the 12" :)

Sounds like he tried to emulate the weird synth things on xmas evet

bingo

either he used similar equipment or it's actually sampled from xmas eve and chopped up

anyone with actual knowledge of how these things work, thoughts?

Two oscillators tuned to a fifth, ad lib some pitch bends.

lol stepheng he ain't sampled shit. it's just 2 synths (probably 303s, maybe softsynth 303s) tuned against each other...done it myself on this track:

http://soundcloud.com/b-c-m/bcm-grout-van

Note: "anyone with actual knowledge of how these things work, thoughts?"

Btw yours doesn't sound nearly the same to my ears. Not saying you're wrong RE the technique of course. Thanks for the education bcm boss

olo... sorry, sounded a bit cuntish there...only messing about...but no, mine doesn't sound identical but does give you the general idea...mine was done with 2 x instances of audiorealism bassline being fed the same pattern but detuned against each other...sure this is also how xmas eve acid is achieved only on much more expensive equipment and mastered professionally.

track 2 on the cassette lol, Rouse.

does anyone else recognize where that's sampled from?

Just throwing my two cents here but if I remember correctly Rouse was uploaded to Jidomatix channel way before the Metz set. I believe it was the first video put there. Can't check since the channel has been put down ages ago.

Yup drums on D4 are brilliant. I'm loving Antic Live & Dec 21st 2012 the most. But also good to see the YT tracks back like Ivingoe Beacon

Awesome, that was my fave track from that channel!

Someone has ignored my posts since I've honked the track in every other post I've written in this thread. Cry cry. j/k. Awesome track. One of my absolute favorites.

Took a glimpse to the tracklist and yee; there's a Rob Kidley track. But where's the compulsory Mendez?

olo... sorry, sounded a bit cuntish there...only messing about...but no, mine doesn't sound identical but does give you the general idea...mine was done with 2 x instances of audiorealism bassline being fed the same pattern but detuned against each other...sure this is also how xmas eve acid is achieved only on much more expensive equipment and mastered professionally.

interesting! I wasn't trying to be a dick when I said thanks for the education btw lol. Legitimately interested to hear how this stuff is made.

I'm going to try it when I get home.

Just throwing my two cents here but if I remember correctly Rouse was uploaded to Jidomatix channel way before the Metz set. I believe it was the first video put there. Can't check since the channel has been put down ages ago.

Nope, it was post-Metz.

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/66029-tuss-soundalikes/?p=1578700

cd was good, bit goofy. haven't heard the record yet due to an unsatisfactory record playing setup but i keep listening to D4, every track is so good and tuss-y. might be one of my fav releases of 2014!!! made a nice 24 bit lossless rip of it, sounds perfect (no joyrex i'm not sharing it)

Nope, it was post-Metz.

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/66029-tuss-soundalikes/?p=1578700

:facepalm: Ooops. Remembered wrong. Genuinely thought it was pre-metz. Thanks for clarifying.

I like it, but I'm not finding the same quality of tunes as in EDMA2/B2 (a-la coronet, data sync, compo mendes etc).

I'm not sure why an artist would have such varying degrees of quality in his tracks.

really? the quality is much higher imo. the vinyl is outstanding, the CD has a great variety of styles and is all very well done. the tape is probably the "worst" out of the 3 (only in comparison to the other 2, still love it)... this is a fantastic release, much more polished and varied than the first two.

really? the quality is much higher imo. the vinyl is outstanding, the CD has a great variety of styles and is all very well done. the tape is probably the "worst" out of the 3 (only in comparison to the other 2, still love it)... this is a fantastic release, much more polished and varied than the first two.

I haven't put on the Vinyl or CD yet tbh, I was referring only to the cassette.

I'm not referring to the quality as in sound quality, so much as the composition!

Can't wait to put on the vinyl and CD this weekend though. And don't get me wrong, I still like it. Just not quite as much as A2/B2. Then again I've only heard D4 playthrough twice. :happy:

Archived