IGNORED

EDM C2 / D4 / E1

calx

I've listened to the cassette again and I quite like it. I kind of wish it wasn't on the cassette medium though, I'm not finding the lower sound quality adds anything to it...

CD and vinyl = great

See I prefer the hiss, it adds some more atmosphere (for want of a better word) for me.

We're both right because you can't get your opinion wrong lol :)

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

more people need to remember this

Yeah I think someone on here wrote and I quote (from memory) "I'm sorry for getting my opinion wrong, I'll try harder to get my opinion right next time"

Too true :)

Yeah I think someone on here wrote and I quote (from memory) "I'm sorry for getting my opinion wrong, I'll try harder to get my opinion right next time"

I remember that, can't remember who said it though.

You know, sometimes I like the hiss and sometimes I don't. I quite like the hiss on the CWLP and in many parts on Syro, and in parts of the Old Tunes tape (boc) but for some reason not here.

I have no idea why, maybe just the mood I was in.

:beer:

I remember that, can't remember who said it though.

You know, sometimes I like the hiss and sometimes I don't. I quite like the hiss on the CWLP and in many parts on Syro, and in parts of the Old Tunes tape (boc) but for some reason not here.

I have no idea why, maybe just the mood I was in.

Yeah same man, I hated CWLP on the first few listens, really hated the rip.

Then I got some AKG on ear headphones and it sounded lush, the bass sounded warm and really well rounded.

I think I read it on the syro thread, the thing is we're all hearing the same thing through different sources, bitrates, speakers, there's A LOT of perspectives right there, then you can add your own personal taste to the mix.

Then someone tells you what you're hearing is incorrect lel.

Guest tonfarben

Copycat discussion is annoying...let´s talk about the tracks! :biggrin:

I love the Mount Vernon OST! Favourites atm are Mount Vernon Theme and We Stand. So beautiful! My wife also likes it, which is good, she normaly doesn´t like electronic music.

The Cassette release is brilliant, too. No favs, all bangers, no fillers, boom! Also sounds Steinvordy in my ears sometimes.

The CD is hmmm... different. I don´t like the "your mom" tracks at all. Just personally I do not like the footwork genre or whatever that is. Other than that, really really nice. Special love for the eighties vibes of the TX81Z track. I assume he used only that Yamaha synth to produce it?

And finally we got Porch Road. PORCH! YESSSS!

The other ambient ones are also very very nice. Especially Prambanan. Sounds like FM Synthesis also. Love that.

One of the best releases this year. Jodey delivered again. :music:

lol

in the same post, you say the copycat discussion is annoying but you say the cassette sounds like steinvord?

derp de-derp

Stupid-Realtor-e1268599207560.jpg

StephenG, please, for the love of whatever, but can you please stop

posting my job appliance photos in strange forums?!?!

And by the way I said it sounds steinvordy and did not say it sounds like steinvord. Maybe there is a language barrier because I am not a native speaking english man. But for me that is a significant difference. My comment was meant more like I think Steinvord could be JK. Just to heat up that discussion again.

Still copycatdiscussion is annoying. Just to annoy the annoyers. Annoyers gonna annoy.

And that Mount Vernon cancer theory also made me listen to that whole release in another fashion. As hard this is to say, it gave it a meaning. And I am also glad about the last track. If this theory is true, I hope she is over this mountain now. My father also had cancer, so I know these times are very tough. Lets wish her the best!

Nah it's all good, I was just having some fun. Hope I didn't offend too much.

I've been of the camp "steinvord is squarepusher/rdj" for a long time, but I'm now hearing some similar techniques used in Jodey's recent work, so I know where you're coming from.

Guest tonfarben

No offence taken, StephenG, I took it as fun and was joking back.

Exactly what I wanted to say. I also thought Steinvord is Tom (on the release) and Richard (some of the unreleased tracks) but now that I heard the cassette I was thinking, hey, could be Jodey!

Cheers! :beer:

well i hate to say i told you so, but i have been informing this board that steinvord is JK for a very long time....nobody listened...only heard what they wanted to hear as usual...

Guest tonfarben

well i hate to say i told you so, but i have been informing this board that steinvord is JK for a very long time....nobody listened...only heard what they wanted to hear as usual...

Hmm, must have missed that.

Where do you have it from? Or is it your own assumption/conclusion?

And that Mount Vernon cancer theory also made me listen to that whole release in another fashion. As hard this is to say, it gave it a meaning. And I am also glad about the last track. If this theory is true, I hope she is over this mountain now. My father also had cancer, so I know these times are very tough. Lets wish her the best!

Not a theory but fact :) and I wholeheartedly agree with the rest of the post!

+1

+1

+10 (someone had to do it)

Guest jasondonervan

+1

+10 (someone had to do it)

+11 (someone already did it)

ibs9TNfR84umw.jpg

blarg, getting antsy. i wasnt supposed to include extra in the p&p payment to cover the paypal fee, was i?

anyone in the united states get it yet?

joyrex, what of this:

just noticed what it says on E1's label: 'copying, lending, public performance and broadcasting of this record encouraged'

watmm sharing seems like copying and lending, but would you prefer someone to facebook jodey for confirmation before giving the ok?

blarg, getting antsy. i wasnt supposed to include extra in the p&p payment to cover the paypal fee, was i?

anyone in the united states get it yet?

joyrex, what of this:

just noticed what it says on E1's label: 'copying, lending, public performance and broadcasting of this record encouraged'

watmm sharing seems like copying and lending, but would you prefer someone to facebook jodey for confirmation before giving the ok?

I asked, Jodey rather wants to wait until everyone has their hard copies first, it seems unfair to those otherwise. After that we can look at what's possible!

Until then I'd say stick with what Joyrex already said :)

Concerning the paypal fee: I highly doubt it, otherwise you would've received a message by now I reckon. You're not the only one in the US who hasn't got it yet anyway!

Archived