IGNORED

EDM C2 / D4 / E1

calx

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this sold out?

I'm assuming the game plan as always will be to wait until physicals sell out and ship out and have been received, then release the digitals. There's no reason to wait further at that point. But then again… Rephlex drunken master marketing styles have thwarted us before.

But yeah, here's hoping all the tracks come out digitally, including the Thank-you ones?

Is this sold out?

I'm assuming the game plan as always will be to wait until physicals sell out and ship out and have been received, then release the digitals. There's no reason to wait further at that point. But then again… Rephlex drunken master marketing styles have thwarted us before.

But yeah, here's hoping all the tracks come out digitally, including the Thank-you ones?

Not sold out yet, there are copies available at Hardwax & Clone: https://hardwax.com/44755/jodey-kendrick/edm-c2-d4-e1/+ https://clone.nl/item33567.html

So the 12" is easily his best work this year, the tape following right after that. It absolutely delivered after hearing those samples over and over again. Incredible work! Luckily there's still time to adjust the year list :)

I like it, but I'm not finding the same quality of tunes as in EDMA2/B2 (a-la coronet, data sync, compo mendes etc).

I'm not sure why an artist would have such varying degrees of quality in his tracks.

:facepalm:

right.

Good job. :cisfor:

They live up to the hype imo.

On first listen C2 is going to take some time to explore some more, porch road is outstanding, D4 is brilliant from start to end.

Anyone getting saw1 x syro vibes from D4?

Which track is the 2nd track on Penryn Space Agency? Love that sexy piece of work. synthy goodness. sort of retro, sort of melancholy. lots of room to breathe.

Guest tonfarben

I had totally forgotten to paypal the money before they were shipping. So I mailed EDM and they immediately answered me that it is sold out but gave me the tip that maybe there is a chance to get them via hardwax and clone.nl. And Clone did not have them in stock two days ago. But Hardwax did. And I ordered. And they came today. Iei!

So there is still a chance if zou are fast.

By the way, clone mailed me today, now they also have a small amount in stock now.

I am pretty happy. Would bite my ass if I couldnt get them because of my own stupidity. Phew!

I still really hope some day there will be digitals, at least of D4, cuz as nice as tapehiss is, I am intrigued to hear it without it in full bloombang.

Sorry for being drunk and exited. :D

Now I have to dig back in the thread how to get the code for the thank you files. As I dont have a vinyl player yet I would rather wait till I get one until I open the seal. Hope the code is not buried in there...

So tldr or whatever:

Clone and Hardwax records sell it limitedely. Go get it! Mucho nice music!

And now back to the eargasms...

(mebigfan)

so i guess it says on e1 that sharing is encouraged? joyrex said if the artist oks it then it can be shared here, so it seems like the coast is clear...

maybe someone could post a pic of this message on e1 and joyrex could say people may begin competing for the best rip?

one might call it a rip-off?

Guest mrgerbik

I like quite a bit of JK's stuff, but I really don't get the excitement over these new releases... to me A2 and B2 just sounded like Aphex copycats. is the new stuff a little more original?

I like quite a bit of JK's stuff, but I really don't get the excitement over these new releases... to me A2 and B2 just sounded like Aphex copycats. is the new stuff a little more original?

Do you think that all guitar music is merely copying the person who picked up a guitar before them? (serious question)

But on another note. I think this stuff is fabulous tunes, and E1 makes my heart melt in joy.

Guest mrgerbik

Do you think that all guitar music is merely copying the person who picked up a guitar before them? (serious question)

of course not. you make it your own. being influenced by an artist is one thing; intentionally trying to sound EXACTLY like someone else is another. that's what I got from A2 and B2, and I never got that feeling from Jodey's other work (although the influence is obvious).

now with that said, I listened to the 3 tracks you posted from the new releases and liked them quite a bit. so there :P

of course not. you make it your own. being influenced by an artist is one thing; intentionally trying to sound EXACTLY like someone else is another. that's what I got from A2 and B2, and I never got that feeling from Jodey's other work (although the influence is obvious).

now with that said, I listened to the 3 tracks you posted from the new releases and liked them quite a bit. so there :P

Well, E1 doesn't sound a thing like Aphex Twin and it is high quality. If one were attempting to make braindance I would hope it sounds like Aphex Twin a little bit. It is his baby after all. I haven't listened to C2 & D4 as thoroughly yet, but it does annoy me a little when people criticize something as high quality as Jodey's work, because it has Aphexian techniques. It's not as if he's adopting the methods merely to imitate. He obviously has a love for what he is doing. I also disagree with the opinion about A2 and B2 as there are many moments that seem outside the realm of Aphex's interest, and tracks like Coronet, Lo Pan, and Origo-tech are brilliant and can stand on their own.

A1 Jodey Kendrick Mount Vernon Theme A2 Jodey Kendrick We don't know A3 Jodey Kendrick Royal Free Dash/Panic A4 Jodey Kendrick Sunshine Oramorph 10mg A5 Jodey Kendrick Verdict/The Truth A6 Jodey Kendrick Fight Or Flight B7 Jodey Kendrick We Stand B8 Jodey Kendrick Strength Of Mind B9 Jodey Kendrick Magnetic Resonance Imaging B10 Jodey Kendrick Flee Ward 10 B11 Jodey Kendrick All's Well That Ends Well

It seems as if the song titles on this album are an autobiographical reference to Jody's wife's cancer fight. I don't know the significance of Mount Vernon, but the fact that it is titled OST is telling, or it's actually an OST for something, and I'm applying my own subjective viewpoint as a narrative. Interesting either way. There is some obvious significance. I'd like to think it's something they did together during the battle as a means of coping with the struggle.

Guest mrgerbik

it does annoy me a little when people criticize something as high quality as Jodey's work, because it has Aphexian techniques. It's not as if he's adopting the methods merely to imitate. He obviously has a love for what he is doing. I also disagree with the opinion about A2 and B2

disagreeing is fine. I am by no means a JK hater, and as I've said before I really like most of the music Jodey makes, Aphexian techniques and all. for example his new track on the Touched Two comp... awesome. and these new release(s) may be pure gold. just those first 2 EDM "comps" sounded a tad too derivative for me, almost like it was intentional. I didn't hear his personality in them.

Archived