IGNORED

AN APHEX TWIN BLIMP IS FLYING OVER LONDON

funkaholic

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL go home guys,everything is just some le epic trollz

Expensive, intercontinental "trollz" after recent afx activity :ok:

It's not the same stencil anyway - the ones we've seen so far have the broken circle around the logo, not a smooth one. Plus the comments on that link are 5 years old.

I'm convinced something 'official' is going on. Just a waiting game now.

I highly doubt it's a troll.

Considering "Aphex" and the Aphex symbol are registered trademarks, someone at warp would have caught wind of this and probably served someone some legal documents by now, as false advertising/marketing could be damaging to future sales blah blah blah and the "Aphex" brand.

I'll tag some places on the west coast as I travel to Nor-Cal this week. It'll be public -- the legs of the space needle are so naked lately...

It'll be funny if someone posts it somewhere. I have that stencil from when I was stenciling my own blank shirts with em'.

I'll tag some places on the west coast as I travel to Nor-Cal this week. It'll be public -- the legs of the space needle are so naked lately...

It'll be funny if someone posts it somewhere. I have that stencil from when I was stenciling my own blank shirts with em'.

Blysky is aerphax twin

confirmed!

LOL go home guys,everything is just some le epic trollz

Expensive, intercontinental "trollz" after recent afx activity :ok:

It's not the same stencil anyway - the ones we've seen so far have the broken circle around the logo, not a smooth one. Plus the comments on that link are 5 years old.

I'm convinced something 'official' is going on. Just a waiting game now.

DOES EVERYONE JUST IGNORE EVERYTHING I SAY?????

that is not the same stencil and is also 5 years old

I was merely pointing out that this could easily just be a prank. Legality aside, how hard is it to rent a blimp, get some people to spray some stencils then say "a friend I have at Warp says its coming out soon?" You could accomplish all of that way before Warp got a legal cease and desist order together, and could just not make the legal battles public and even if you did much later, the stencils are there. Besides all of that none of the publicity stuff says anything more than 2014. There is no indication of anything else.

And why would anyone do such a thing? Jumping off a bridge is not that hard either. But that in and of itself doesnt make people jumping off bridges. Yeah, lets hire a blimp because we f-ing can...

Considering "Aphex" and the Aphex symbol are registered trademarks, someone at warp would have caught wind of this and probably served someone some legal documents by now, as false advertising/marketing could be damaging to future sales blah blah blah and the "Aphex" brand.

what happened to those shirts with aphexes face on them that some black rap guy was making his own and selling?

what happened to those shirts with aphexes face on them that some black rap guy was making his own and selling?

Oh yeah lol I remember that.

Joyrex contacted someone at warp and I think they aren't being sold anymore? I remember he posted back that it was taken care of or something?

It's not just "some black guy" It's a brand of clothing called Hood by Air, and both the company and the shirts are still around.

It's not just "some black guy" It's a brand of clothing called Hood by Air, and both the company and the shirts are still around.

Where are the shirts for sale? Quick search and I can't find them except for ebay.

I was merely pointing out that this could easily just be a prank. Legality aside, how hard is it to rent a blimp, get some people to spray some stencils then say "a friend I have at Warp says its coming out soon?" You could accomplish all of that way before Warp got a legal cease and desist order together, and could just not make the legal battles public and even if you did much later, the stencils are there. Besides all of that none of the publicity stuff says anything more than 2014. There is no indication of anything else.

I respect you, man, but...

1) Caustic Window LP appears out of nowhere for sale (handful of copies exist)

2) RDJ makes UNANNOUNCED appearance at a festival (this took some planning, as organizers would LOVE to advertise his being there)

3) Expensive blimp design/manufacture/rental shows up over London

WHILE

3) Logo stencils start appearing in New York

Nothing is going on? No, obviously something is going on. These aren't unrelated.

(Yes, I know there are two 3s, they seemed to happen at the same time)

I respect you, man, but...

1) Caustic Window LP appears out of nowhere for sale (handful of copies exist)

2) RDJ makes UNANNOUNCED appearance at a festival (this took some planning, as organizers would LOVE to advertise his being there)

3) Expensive blimp design/manufacture/rental shows up over London

WHILE

3) Logo stencils start appearing in New York

Nothing is going on? No, obviously something is going on. These aren't unrelated.

(Yes, I know there are two 3s, they seemed to happen at the same time)

There will always be a few cynics until the release gets an official announcement.

And then there will be people on here that dislike the release before it's even out or has samples up lol.

And then 6 months later they will like the album.

And then a year later they won't.

watmm

edit: re my first line: understandably so. we've been cockteased for years and years so until there's an official announcement and it's on the upcoming release section of warp, even am a bit cynical lol

but i've got my hopes up

Archived