IGNORED

AN APHEX TWIN BLIMP IS FLYING OVER LONDON

funkaholic

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I highly doubt it's a troll.

Considering "Aphex" and the Aphex symbol are registered trademarks, someone at warp would have caught wind of this and probably served someone some legal documents by now, as false advertising/marketing could be damaging to future sales blah blah blah and the "Aphex" brand.

what happened to those shirts with aphexes face on them that some black rap guy was making his own and selling?

It's not just "some black guy" It's a brand of clothing called Hood by Air, and both the company and the shirts are still around.

Where are the shirts for sale? Quick search and I can't find them except for ebay.

It's "high fashion". they don't keep product on the shelves after the season ends for the most part. I just meant that you can buy the shirt if you wanted to.

well. this is interesting.

iTHELgNZkGJJn.jpg

my favourite shop itt thus far.

ibgy7HTWp2IiJN.jpg

close second. this ought to be the cover of a 'pusher/afx collab. speaking of which, aren't we also due for some of Tom's new stuff soon?

lol. whats the one way you can bam up boards of canada with their shitty secrete record thing. a motherfucking blimp. get it up ye

inb4 autechre rocket

this would be amazon.

black rap guy

lol

Meanwhile there's an old tape interview with kurt cobain from 91 upped @ stubru.be :D

Your avatar should probably stick its head back in the ground, friend

well. this is interesting.

iTHELgNZkGJJn.jpg

my favourite shop itt thus far.

ibgy7HTWp2IiJN.jpg

close second. this ought to be the cover of a 'pusher/afx collab. speaking of which, aren't we also due for some of Tom's new stuff soon?

lol. whats the one way you can bam up boards of canada with their shitty secrete record thing. a motherfucking blimp. get it up ye

inb4 autechre rocket

this would be amazon.

black rap guy

lol

Yes based on squarepusher's release schedule (appr every 2 years, his early years being an exception) we are due for a winter squarepusher release, if not early 2015.

Pleasantly surprised to see that the AV Club took some time out of their weekend to report on this: http://www.avclub.com/article/aphex-twin-releases-new-blimp-over-london-208239

This stuff is getting a lot of attention now. I can't wait to see where it all goes next.

I remember a few people not liking drukqs when it came out, not sure about one year on though..

StephenG is referring to people like myself, who thought that Tomorrow's Hype was all bollocks, and that the album was a bit naff. It was still naff 6 months after release, it's still naff now StephenG.

For the record - in my opinion, this is clearly real, and (so far) hasn't turned pathetic like Tomorrow's Hype did. fingers crossed it stays that way.

I remember a few people not liking drukqs when it came out, not sure about one year on though..

StephenG is referring to people like myself, who thought that Tomorrow's Hype was all bollocks, and that the album was a bit naff. It was still naff 6 months after release, it's still naff now StephenG.

For the record - in my opinion, this is clearly real, and (so far) hasn't turned pathetic like Tomorrow's Hype did. fingers crossed it stays that way.

Like I said - the best album BOC ever made, ever.

they don't need this PR work for a reissue, or for a big festival gig, or a compilation

but it can be for a massive world tour,

my bet goes on an album

too many guys that are close to him said the new shit is coming, his recent activity, the joyrex conversation etc ...

ahhhh EFFEX TWEENUHHHH

nice-ehhhhhh

edit: while I do agree with most of what is being said here, I don't agree with everything that is being said here, thx

Guest jasondonervan

"As far as we know, Aphex Twin’s James has not released any music, under any name, since 2009, when a series of bonus tracks were made available to those purchasing his Analord EPs."

Music journalism these days seems like a pretty sweet deal. Apparently you don't even need to bother trying, just use the literal equivalent of the shrugging of shoulders and that's accepted as 'good enough'.

Archived