IGNORED

CIRCLONT6A [syrobonkus mix]/syro u473t8+e [piezoluminescence mix] - similarities

indulin

Did some of you notice there a some similarities between those tracks? frist the russian female vocals of course, same sample. and then you have that melody, 2:27 in circlont, 3:46 in syro, they're basically the same but i never noticed it cause the sounds are that different. i think it's quite a good thing for the continuity of the album, playing the same melody, but with a different, more dramatic feel than in circlont.

They're practically the same basic tune from beginning to end I think, with CIRCLONT6A being a rougher, rawer version and syro u473t8+e the more laid-back and intricate one. I like 'em both but love the latter, the way it starts to collapse at around 3:30 and then just builds and builds until the drums come back in at around 5 minutes. Biggest payoff on the album, and then it's followed by PAPAT4 too which works perfectly for some reason.

They're practically the same basic tune from beginning to end I think, with CIRCLONT6A being a rougher, rawer version and syro u473t8+e the more laid-back and intricate one. I like 'em both but love the latter, the way it starts to collapse at around 3:30 and then just builds and builds until the drums come back in at around 5 minutes. Biggest payoff on the album, and then it's followed by PAPAT4 too which works perfectly for some reason.

yup definitely one of the strongest moments on syro!

Yeah this struck me on my first listen - I loved that lead melody in circlon and i was pleasantly surprised when it came back later. It gives things a nice kinda continuity. At first I wasn't sure if the album would sound cohesive overall, but after a few listens I think it's mad cohesive. Mad cohesive. It all meshes up together like grits and gravy

Guest daswurzelwerk

Ok someone had to do this so here it is. Both tracks at 141.98 bpm, then the tracknames (syro and syrobonkus mix)

The tracks don't fit 100%, but when they fit, it's like an explosion in perfectness!

I mean, it's like richard cries for putting these two tracks together.

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/v84ibka513s48sj/syroclonT1000.mp3

But maybe the puzzle isn't entirely solved

edit: the link doesn't seem to work for me, so help me please ^^

you're right, the bpms are the same too. syro could also be an experimental remix of circlont6a. also nice to hear pseudotimestretch features the same vocal sample... anyway nice continuity with the melody, has he ever done that on other releases?

I can't help but wonder if syro u473t8+e has been somehow mislabelled, and is in fact the other CIRCLONT track. The similarity in melody and bpm with CIRCLONT6A is remarkable, and it would make more sense for the two to have the similar names (i.e. two different versions of the same basic track).

I can't help but wonder if syro u473t8+e has been somehow mislabelled, and is in fact the other CIRCLONT track. The similarity in melody and bpm with CIRCLONT6A is remarkable, and it would make more sense for the two to have the similar names (i.e. two different versions of the same basic track).

'CIRCLONT6A', 'CIRCLONT14' an 'U473T8' look like they reference gear and track numbers.

'syrobonkus' and 'syro' seem more like actual titles so that suggests stronger similarity in content between those two to me.

Plus, syro's so epic it's got to be the title track IMO and not some mislabeling. :smile:

Plus, syro's so epic it's got to be the title track IMO and not some mislabeling. :smile:

this. to be honest it took me quite a while to notice the same melody, just because syro is still so different from circlont6a

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/v84ibka513s48sj/syroclonT1000.mp3

maybe this works better

wowowowowowowo, just heard it several times. it's something for sure. fits too good in some places, like everything from 3:34, after some mindbending morphing tunes, sounds naturally, even tones and gammas. trippy.

it also kinda explains why there's a tempo written, besides the whole concept ofc, and why tracks are named alike

good work!

• 5 months later...

I wanna say something slightly sarcastic like "Who knew something with similar tempo, melody, key, and time signature would line up so well! But that's a pretty neat mix.

BTW, Syro is already almost half a year old. That's like... 1/100th of the rest of my life gone! Or so.

oh yeah, I've actually learned a lot from circlont10a. I realize now just how much he takes his music a step at a time. He gets the skeleton of pretty much the whole melody down, then beefs up the track. That's much smarter than getting a half melody down, then beefing things up only to find you don't like the melody any more. Plus, if your track sounds good at a very basic level, then it's probably going to sound amazing when it's done.

It's the same project file/whatever and he stripped it down and rebuilt from another direction, sometimes I can squeeze three virtually different tracks out of the same project

yeah

when you have 500+ lbs of equipment to lug about to crank out tunes with and rig it all up to a sequencer, effects and mixer - then starting going at it, it'd make sense that you'd kinda remix off the same feel and ideas of that particular set of equipment and time.

It's the same project file/whatever and he stripped it down and rebuilt from another direction, sometimes I can squeeze three virtually different tracks out of the same project

Oh yeah, at the moment I'm working on a 9 minute (so far) 'track' which is actually 3 different tracks using many of the same synths. Not deliberate, I just keep changing my mind, and I keep borrowing from the 2 previous tracks.

• 1 year later...

So, the general consensus is that the two tracks together was not intentional?

Seems like the panning back and forth from one part that was introduced early in Circlon then showing up later in syro as a back up part to whats going on in circlon is completely intentional.

How can anyone accept the call and response parts as just stemmed sections of one idea broken into two tracks when the parts themselves sync up when fused?

I listen to the syroclonT1000 track like 4 times a week. It does not sound like a happy accident or two tracks that have similar parts, they are completely playing off each other like a composed piece only after being synced up.

Listening to Syro without Circlon going on underneath it just sounds un finished.

Archived