IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

On 7/9/2024 at 7:52 PM, Nebraska said:

they need to bring these back (or just encourage kids to adopt other kids)

This is my mother’s prized possession from her childhood.

“Country singer Ingrid Andress has apologised and admitted being drunk while performing a much-derided rendition of the US national anthem, at a baseball stadium.”

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/crgl2gw5868o

This is actually a poignant rendition, all things considered. 

Edited by J3FF3R00

19 minutes ago, cern said:

No doubt USA will become history's joke and will be laughed at it in the phuture...

2 hours ago, Satans Little Helper said:

I went for a couple of drinks in Nashville a couple of weeks ago and met this one girl. i thought she had a cold or something ;D

that hawk tuah chick blew up and is having her 15 minutes. one day there were like 4 memes in a row w/her face saying hawk tuah and i had no idea. 

can the white boots just die already though? 

• Like 1

another major "win" for america. john deere (american co.) has pledged to exclude certain citizens based on how they identify creating an environment of unequal opportunity. you know things were majorly woke if john deere was hiring minorities over "good ol' boys"

NEW YORK AP — John Deere says it will no longer sponsor “social or cultural awareness” events, becoming the latest major US company to distance itself from diversity and inclusion measures after being targeted by conservative backlash.

Conservative political commentator and filmmaker Robby Starbuck appeared to lead the criticism of John Deere & Tractor Supply. Starbuck posted that John Deere’s announcement marked “another huge win in our war on wokeness,” but said that it still wasn’t enough, calling on the company to completely eliminate its DEI policies and no longer participate in Corporate Equality Index scoring from the Human Rights Campaign, the largest advocacy group for LGBTQ+ rights in the US.

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/07/18/business/john-deere-diversity-inclusion-efforts/index.html

• Facepalm 2

America is completely collapsing. I'm truly scared there will be a civil war either for Trump or Dems.

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, geosmina said:

America is completely collapsing. I'm truly scared there will be a civil war either for Trump or Dems.

Nah. Lots of people triggered by social media. Congress inviting Netanyahu to speak in order to enflame protests and change the narrative or get people to focus on the chaos instead of dems uniting around Kamala.  Etc. 

but mostly lots of triggered people having road rage about everything like protests are unprecedented and stuff. 
anything is possible but mostly, calm down. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, geosmina said:

i live here. it's fine.

• Like 1
  • Burger 1
  • Farnsworth 1

27 minutes ago, geosmina said:

nothing ever happens 

fuck. i have to go watch Adaptation again soon. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, geosmina said:

We’ve pretty much already been in a soft civil war for the better part of 20 years. 
If there is an actual “civil war”, it will likely be another January 6th thing or two with a bunch of boomers in golf carts and jazzy scooters parading through the streets of some inbred town somewhere. Maybe some fighting on college campuses, etc. 

The younger generations are too apathetic to commit themselves to widespread violence. 

I could be wrong though. Lots and lots of suggestible people with very low IQs own lots of guns here. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, J3FF3R00 said:

I could be wrong though. Lots and lots of suggestible people with very low IQs own lots of guns here. 

the internet/social media might be dropping dropping IQ points in a bigger way than the era of kids eating lead paint chips or breathing in exhaust from leaded gasoline.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, geosmina said:

• Burger 1