IGNORED

The Analogue Bubblebath Series

Chris Moss Acid

.215061, the 1st track from ABB3, classic old-school AFX appegios

.000890569, the track from ABB3 that starts with the hoover sample, it sounds to me like Ldpinch from Analord 8 is a developed version of this track, they have very similar verse/chorus structures.

Analogue Bubblebath 1, an older brother of Mookid

Cuckoo, a perfect mix of analogue fizziness and Melodies from Mars style whimsy.

• 2 months later...
Guest Romhotep

"Entrance to Exit" - Can't believe I'm the first one to mention this track! It's near-industrial is so rocking, in its own way

"Digeridoo" - Classic, classic track, and just wonderful melodies and rhythms

"(CAT 00897-A1)" - Don't know why, but the way the beats feel correctly off kilter and the creepy laughing make this my fav of AB3

"Elephant Song" - I feel like I'm actually being trampled by fucking elephants when I listen to it really loudly!

"A1 (AB5)" - Long, wondrous track full of sticky, soft washes of melody and harmony

• 7 years later...

-Tracks 1 and 2 from AB5. The first one sounds legitimately like heaven, every time I listen I can see my 72 virgins. The second sounds so alien it's a wonder a human even created it.

-Also Track 4 from AB5 makes me feel like a fucking lizard.

-.000890569 from AB3 (the one with the vacuum cleaner intro).

-Gibbon from AB4. Listened to this stoned one time and I imagined myself as a gibbon swinging through the trees, twas wicked.

-B1 from AB2.

-AFX 2 from AB1.

Sloth is such an underrated gem. I love the way it unfolds - there's so much to hear, but it's all given enough time to really shine through. This is on the same EP as Elephant Song, it just goes to show how skilled AFX is at setting and playing out the mood of a track.

Also, I really like the way AB5 begins and ends. I don't know if anyone's said this before, but the all-out warmth and euphoria of the first track - then the moody, orchestral finish, looks a lot like an early blueprint for the ICBYD tracklist.

• 3 months later...

-Tracks 1 and 2 from AB5. The first one sounds legitimately like heaven, every time I listen I can see my 72 virgins. The second sounds so alien it's a wonder a human even created it.

-Also Track 4 from AB5 makes me feel like a fucking lizard.

-.000890569 from AB3 (the one with the vacuum cleaner intro).

-Gibbon from AB4. Listened to this stoned one time and I imagined myself as a gibbon swinging through the trees, twas wicked.

-B1 from AB2.

-AFX 2 from AB1.

Shit yeah Gibbon is epic banger. I used to skip past it cos it has a boring intro but today I decided to give it a go and d-d-d-deans its legit

Archived