IGNORED

Aphex responding to comments on Soundcloud

zazen

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

98 percent of fans love this album, why does he have to listen and respond to the minority??

mebbe he wants to rid the world of ignorance. seems like a nice endeavor

no need to respond to the people who alr get it

A lesson in disarming jerky behavior:

2j3in9s.jpg

u c, curing ignorance one at a time. thanks rdj

98 percent of fans love this album, why does he have to listen and respond to the minority??

Because there's nothing very interesting to say if people like your stuff, other than 'thanks'. Besides he said in plenty of interviews that he found the watmm/ab/kickstarter thing quite touching.

so he prefers talking to random people on soundcloud to giving some sort of AMA at WATMM?

He's never going to comment here, it would be way too icky. Its just bad taste to sign up and post in a fan forum thats dedicated to you, don't you think? He definitely reads this forum from time to time though; in the Pitchfork Syro interview he mentions the 'what does syro stand for' thread.

Soundcloud makes much more sense as a place for RDJ to interact online - its a genuine community of musicmakers, and he's far from the only big name on there. I think its fucking great that he's on Soundcloud.

autechre did and it was the best happing here in years

I guess its just about how much you like to be in touch with your fans

• Tellur1c says at 2:21:

Hope you read this Rich, it was an absolute honor to come runner up in the Luke Vibert remix competition with you, so funny. You'll forever remain my favourite musician and one of the sole reasons I continue to experiment and create; truely inspiring

First time I hear the 'runner-up' for this :) nice

Because there's nothing very interesting to say if people like your stuff, other than 'thanks'. Besides he said in plenty of interviews that he found the watmm/ab/kickstarter thing quite touching.

so he prefers talking to random people on soundcloud to giving some sort of AMA at WATMM?

He's never going to comment here, it would be way too icky. Its just bad taste to sign up and post in a fan forum thats dedicated to you, don't you think? He definitely reads this forum from time to time though; in the Pitchfork Syro interview he mentions the 'what does syro stand for' thread.

Soundcloud makes much more sense as a place for RDJ to interact online - its a genuine community of musicmakers, and he's far from the only big name on there. I think its fucking great that he's on Soundcloud.

Yeah I was thinking about Autechre, they came here and made it work. But I don't think it would ever work with Aphex. Autechre are definitely famous but they don't pretend to be anything other than two nice chaps who make really good music, whereas Aphex has this whole trickster-genius-savant-legend reputation that he has cultivated. I can't see him coming here to chat.

Like, this site started as an Aphex fan site decades ago, its named after one of his tracks, the admin is named after another track, whereas Autechre are a 'featured artist'. If Aphex came here it would be like that Alan Partridge episode where Alan gets trapped in a house with his stalker.

Vague good wishes from a safe distance are the best we can ever hope for. And maybe some trolling if we're lucky.

whereas Aphex has this whole trickster-genius-savant-legend reputation that he has cultivated. I can't see him coming here to chat.

I am pretty sure he hates all that stuff around him, because he hates being kind of famous. I think he wants his music to be out there to be listened but not his persona.

Giving a lengthy AMA like Autechre is pretty much of people who dont give a fuck about being famous and always be far away from not famous people because of it.

• Tellur1c says at 2:21:

Hope you read this Rich, it was an absolute honor to come runner up in the Luke Vibert remix competition with you, so funny. You'll forever remain my favourite musician and one of the sole reasons I continue to experiment and create; truely inspiring

First time I hear the 'runner-up' for this :) nice

It's a good remix for sure.

In the other thread they're fairly convinced that Soundcloud user487363530 is an aphex sockpuppet

recordings are too clean, he's not making that sorta shit any more.

I'm pretty sure its him. Look:

22 pearls. it's him ;-)

compare from around 0:09 in the video with around 0:50 in this:

https://soundcloud.com/user487363530/22-pearls

So .... looks pretty definite that Aphex has a sockpuppet account on Soundcloud and he's uploading unreleased stuff. See other thread for full details/audit trail/other reasons people think its him/collaborative pant wetting : )

In the other thread they're fairly convinced that Soundcloud user487363530 is an aphex sockpuppet

recordings are too clean, he's not making that sorta shit any more.

I'm pretty sure its him. Look:

22 pearls. it's him ;-)

compare from around 0:09 in the video with around 0:50 in this:

https://soundcloud.com/user487363530/22-pearls

So .... looks pretty definite that Aphex has a sockpuppet account on Soundcloud and he's uploading unreleased stuff. See other thread for full details/audit trail/other reasons people think its him/collaborative pant wetting : )

It's a TRICK!

Guest skytree

Bullet-time stereo panning of an audio event most IDM 2015?

Check out 'wavefield synthesis', theory been around for a while; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wave_field_synthesis

You need a shitload of speakers though, only a few places where you can hear pieces especially made for it.

In Delft;

wfs-header-1.jpg

& Berlin;

wfs_tu_progress2_960_1.jpg

Impressive - next level here:

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

Bullet-time stereo panning of an audio event most IDM 2015?

Check out 'wavefield synthesis', theory been around for a while; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wave_field_synthesis

You need a shitload of speakers though, only a few places where you can hear pieces especially made for it.

In Delft;

wfs-header-1.jpg

& Berlin;

wfs_tu_progress2_960_1.jpg

Impressive - next level here:

This is awesome

Archived