IGNORED

Why is life no longer exciting?

andyb

so it turns out we were seeded here by aliens, meaning we should go out to find our "seeders". exciting times right?

i did a little googling and i can't find anything about this article. looks fake. the only source i could find was this one: http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/news/nr/scientists-find-life-coming-to-earth-from-space-1.309972

that's from 2014. doesn't mention anything about metal orbs.

ispa (an "official" source they cite) seems a little sketchy to me as well: http://www.ispajapan.com/

here's another similar news story: http://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/518510/Aliens-do-exist-scientists-find-proof-of-life-in-space

can't find any reputable sources for that either. this guy is some type of ancient aliens weirdo, i think.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I no longer find joy in living, I feel like i have exhausted all avenues; study, relationships / friendships, travel, therapy / medication.

I'm 26 this year. Who else feels like they're in a similar position?

Holy Shit you are 26 and you feel this way.....Hang in there life has ups and downs and it has ways of having extreme spurts of boredom and interestingness. I did not read through all the responses and I am sure there are some good ones but I just wanted to tell you it should not be over at 26. Society today has fucked us all up into thinking life is not interesting go for a walk in the woods and watch a woodland creature for a long time or listen to Alan Watts life is not over my friend.

I feel like some grotesque new-age salesman constantly pushing mindfulness, but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hdTJ9e6LhU

Almost all of us spend our lives as a hostage to our neurotic inner monologue. Scared of pain, suffering, death. And so we cling to the things of this world (e.g. relationships, hobbies, our belongings, etc) for comfort. And on top of that, none of us seem to be truly alive in the moment. Rather, we're too busy wrestling our thoughts to be living spontaneously (Zen, in particular, seems to address the matter of tearing down our conceptions of ourselves in order to live spontaneously)

While I don't claim to be a Buddhist, Buddhism (and it alone) seems to have some unique answers in this area.

What really is the difference between a Tibetan monk and some kid from a WoW freakout vid? How would you tweak one to get the other? The difference is mindfulness and dukkha.

thanks man.

I wonder if the general feeling of powerlessness and prevalent depression in the developed world is a symptom of the society we live in. It grinds you down, with all sorts of ideas and notions on how you are supposed to be and what to do and where you should be at a certain age and so on and people just slog on in this void of meaninglessness.

I don't know if depression is just a human trait. Dogs can be sad if their mate or owner dies. Earlier humans probably had too much on their mind staying alive than to think about the human condition. I like the expression "human condition", 'condition' I associate with something negative, like being human is a condition that isn't pleasant.

Realizing the meaningless of it all, is being realistic, isn't it? We're just an organism capable of thinking about its place in the universe hurling through space on a rock that is just a result of a series of random events.

I wonder if the general feeling of powerlessness and prevalent depression in the developed world is a symptom of the society we live in. It grinds you down, with all sorts of ideas and notions on how you are supposed to be and what to do and where you should be at a certain age and so on and people just slog on in this void of meaninglessness.

It is 100% a product of our culture, of how we learn (explicitly and implicitly) to carry ourselves in this world. When we are young we are spontaneous creatures, full of curiosity and creativity.

Eventually, in the way that friction will slow an object down, we become self-doubting, self-conscious creatures.

We must learn to be like a tree. A tree has integrity (in the non-moralistic sense): it is not divided against itself. It does not worry about looking ridiculous, it does not worry about how to be a tree. It simply is a tree.

This is the magnetism we find is creatives like Bjork.

discussing life in a idm messageboard on the internet

discussing discussing life in a idm messageboard on the internet on the internet

discussing [discussing discussing life in a idm messegeboard on the internet on the internet] on the internet

Step 1: Block out evil capitalist advertising companies that are trying to control your mind brain. They only exist to make your life miserable. Do NOT let them get to you!

Step 2: Become an independent thinker through intake of the 420 EZ PZ Herb. Rule of thumb: One toke every two hours. You're halfway there!

Step 3: Read up on meditation, preferably on the internet. Meditation can solve 90% of life's problems. And being able to tell other people you practice it is a great conversation starter.

Step 4 (the last one!): You've now obtained the keys to Life and Infinite Wisdom. Go out there and be a complete human bean.

Good luck.

Step 1: Block out evil capitalist advertising companies that are trying to control your mind brain. They only exist to make your life miserable. Do NOT let them get to you!

Step 2: Become an independent thinker through intake of the 420 EZ PZ Herb. Rule of thumb: One toke every two hours. You're halfway there!

Step 3: Read up on meditation, preferably on the internet. Meditation can solve 90% of life's problems. And being able to tell other people you practice it is a great conversation starter.

Step 4 (the last one!): You've now obtained the keys to Life and Infinite Wisdom. Go out there and be a complete human bean.

Good luck.

Classic Foil...doesn't actually offer anything to the conversation, just makes fun of others.

Good luck.

Translation:

Step 1: Lefties are paranoid

Step 2: Stoners are dorks

Step 3: Buddhists are pretentious fools

Step 4: Life is hard, and there are no simple answers

right?

discussing life in a idm messageboard on the internet

discussing discussing life in a idm messageboard on the internet on the internet

discussing [discussing discussing life in a idm messegeboard on the internet on the internet] on the internet

(discussing [discussing discussing life in a idm messegeboard on the internet on the internet] on the internet)^14 / sqrt(pi)

Good luck.

Translation:

Step 1: It is advertising, which is used to remove the vcs control of the heart and the brain and ruin your life, not now!

Step 2: If you want to 420EASY grow on the trees close to the wall on the right and two hours, this road is not the right place for you!

Step 3: You know, I believe that meditation is something that will allow us to determine the largest on the Internet, 90% of the matter of life experience, some people say they didn't start this conversation.

Step 4: (In the end), which played an important role in my life, but there is only one person that I know, Bob.

right?

Good luck.

Translation:

Step 1: It is advertising, which is used to remove the vcs control of the heart and the brain and ruin your life, not now!

Step 2: If you want to 420EASY grow on the trees close to the wall on the right and two hours, this road is not the right place for you!

Step 3: You know, I believe that meditation is something that will allow us to determine the largest on the Internet, 90% of the matter of life experience, some people say they didn't start this conversation.

Step 4: (In the end), which played an important role in my life, but there is only one person that I know, Bob.

right?

28 translations later:

"pls is no"

Good luck.

Cant wait for the day you turn 17 and stop imitating sam hyde

Good luck.

Classic Foil...doesn't actually offer anything to the conversation, just makes fun of others.

o no you d

Life didn't get exciting to me again until I started travelling, meeting new people, experiencing new cultures with an open mind.

Oh and drugs. Not saying drugs are good for everyone but they definitely help take some of the boredom out of my life. Kind of sad to have to lean on a substance for happiness I guess, it's not true happiness. Oh well.

Did he died?

No, daddykins probably ripped out the modem with his teeth and sent junior out to work on the fishing boats for a month with the parting words 'No son of mine will be an emo'. He'll come back in a couple of weeks with some cash to do all the things people in this thread suggested, but he'll buy an xBox on gumtree and get into the punk-pop scene. Two months pass and he has to get off his arse again, and with the fish stock running low there isn't a job for him anymore and daddykins is not a happy man...

Just hope he doesn't start a new thread for his new found woes in April and replies to this one. It's the database of ideas.

Good luck.

Step 1: *throws TV out of the window* check!

Step 2: *disagrees makes up another step2 ' exercise' and is therefore an independent thinker* succes!

Step 3: *watches 'let it go' on youtube and ignores 90% of life problems* huzzah!

Step 4: *starts to wank furiously!* hormonal bliss!!!

this works!

Step 5: $$$$profit

Archived