IGNORED

Why is life no longer exciting?

andyb

Just wanna apologize for my outburst last night. There's a reason why these threads get on my nerves, I had a friend who suffered from severe depression. He's not about any more, you can draw your own conclusions on why. I just see a red mist and react angrily to this type of subject. I'll stay away from threads like this in the future as they don't do me any good.

Beerwolf over and out :beer:

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just don't respect or take seriously "first world problems" (of which boredom definitely is one). People are watching their families maimed by drone strikes every day and this kid has the nerve to whine about how he's bored with having the entire history of human knowledge and all digitized artwork ever at his fingertips.

You think this thread is about boredom? Did you read the OP's OP? Does that sound like simple boredom?

I just don't respect or take seriously "first world problems" (of which boredom definitely is one). People are watching their families maimed by drone strikes every day and this kid has the nerve to whine about how he's bored with having the entire history of human knowledge and all digitized artwork ever at his fingertips.

anhedonia is not the same as boredom.

Just wanna apologize for my outburst last night. There's a reason why these threads get on my nerves, I had a friend who suffered from severe depression. He's not about any more, you can draw your own conclusions on why. I just see a red mist and react angrily to this type of subject. I'll stay away from threads like this in the future as they don't do me any good.

I can relate. I lost my step brother under the same circumstances just this past New Year's, although having been in a war zone for a year greatly attributed to it I think.

Train a giraffe to play fetch and train turtles to make a bridge across a lake for you but no one else so that you can flee enemies more efficiently.

True dat.

Have felt like this my entire life (39 now). It's a challenge, but remember to get some sun and smoke a bowl.

Archived