IGNORED

California Water Crisis

Braintree

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cant imagine dousing your lawn with spraypaint is a very environmentally safe alternative...

you're obviously not a self-centered prick that's living in a 3 year drought, you normal rational human

its fuckign bad. the drought.

i mean not here - CT has loads of water but yeah in california i imagine its really bad.

one t hing that is cool is that people are really resourceful and smart when things get awful

• 1 month later...

its fuckign bad. the drought.

i mean not here - CT has loads of water but yeah in california i imagine its really bad.

one t hing that is cool is that people are really resourceful and smart when things get awful

surely you're talking about people from another planet since on this planet, we're the ones that caused this mess and currently we're doing everything to make sure it gets worse

as how bad is it? last time it was this dry was 500 years ago when king henry the viii was still alive

btw: it was supposed to rain today (not that it would make a difference) but it did not. surprise surprise

are nestle still pumping however many million gallons a day into water bottles to go all over the country?

havent really heard much on this in the media over here apart from when it initially started.

yes, they're still bottling water from here, but they did the necessary damage control that actually worked because it turns out, saving water is less important than quenching our thirst

How the hell isn't there legislation in place to stop this?!

Bottled water can come from somewhere else ffs

edit: if this is true, then it's not really a huge problem is it?

How much water do you withdraw in California?

Less than 0.008% of the total.

yes, they're still bottling water from here, but they did the necessary damage control that actually worked because it turns out, saving water is less important than quenching our thirst

How the hell isn't there legislation in place to stop this?!

well, firstly, there was the problem that their permit expired 27 years ago - which was then supposedly going to be renewed but still hasn't happened and nestle claims the expired one is still valid until they renew it (i wish that worked with ALL permits)-

around the same time that was supposed to be happening, tom selleck decided to pinch some water for his avocado ranch (he himself has admitted avocados make him gag but what doesn't make him gag is the profit he gets from selling them; price of guacamole has gone up due to the draught)

what really sucks is the water most of these guys are now "stealing" is what the local wildlife would be drinking; frogs, salamanders and the local birds. and considering the other damage we've done to the wildlife you'd think we'd be a little more sensitive to the matter

Fuck lawns; they're creatively void wastes of land pandering to our subliminal ache for the unspoilt Savannahs of our ancestors. This is how you garden in a fuckin drought:

dsc_0290.jpg

resize_of_pa230150.jpg

img_0367.jpg

THIS!

In fact if I was living in the desert or very arid area of CA like Palm Springs I would use astro-turf in a heartbeat. I'm also in the mid-century aesthetics with a touch of kitsch, but still...it is an option

Archived