IGNORED

Orbital Vinyl Reissues

Rubin Farr

Will be picking my copies of the first two tomorrow, very excited by that.

sadly green album doesn't have chime, choice, or satan... (frowny face)

The green album will have a live version of Chime on it.

Great! Although I thought the brown album was never actually released in vinyl originally! Looking forward to this, anyway :>

http://www.discogs.com/Orbital-Orbital-2-Brown-Album/release/23669

Great! Although I thought the brown album was never actually released in vinyl originally! Looking forward to this, anyway :>

Glad to be wrong!!! : >

Really looking forward to it - Green is OK but Brown is the deecest!

Glad to be wrong!!! : >

Really looking forward to it - Green is OK but Brown is the deecest!

I love the first four albums so it's hard to choose between them really. Been caning the green album loads recently. On the brown album press I was wondering how they would split the Lush 3/Impact/Remind run. I see that they are splitting it after Impact. I wonder how it'll sound, I'm so used to hearing it on CD.

for those not in the know, "Remind" off of Brown Album is actually the instrumental version of Orbital's remix of "Mindstream" by Meat Beat Manifesto. they toured together in 1993 on the Communion Tour, with Orbital opening, so it was cool to see the Orbital Bros do their version live, then MBM came on and did their version live.

[youtubehd]6PRr9YElO9c[/youtubehd]

Brown on LP is annoying because of the fade after Impact, that run of tracks was designed to be played together. Also Brown and Snivilisation don't have the inner artwork of their CD counterparts, which is sad.

You can pick up Chime, Omen, III and Midnight/Choice pretty cheap on 12" so although there are tracks missing from Green they're easy enough to get ahold of. It also means you end up with Deeper, 2 Deep, LC1 and Analogue Test Feb '90, which are all great.

I forgot to come back and talk about the vinyl. The pressings sound excellent, I'm really happy with that. I hadn't listened to the brown album in quite a while. It's magnificent.

Brown on LP is annoying because of the fade after Impact, that run of tracks was designed to be played together. Also Brown and Snivilisation don't have the inner artwork of their CD counterparts, which is sad.

You can pick up Chime, Omen, III and Midnight/Choice pretty cheap on 12" so although there are tracks missing from Green they're easy enough to get ahold of. It also means you end up with Deeper, 2 Deep, LC1 and Analogue Test Feb '90, which are all great.

Saw Omen at a local record shop the other day in the "1$" bin. Might have to go track it down.

Archived