IGNORED

Joyrex

yeah the details in these are compeling. i swear i can hear 18 (keyosc) in all sets (8:21 in Krakow) as well as many Exai/L-event types of sound... so I dunno why they couldn't be considered Exai tour... but at the same time i can see the live and programming aspects in a different, more dynamic way :wacko:

i paid $18.50 for the WAVs and found it weird the individual track tag prices were $11 for Brussels and $2.50 for the other ones. Bought them all but I wonder what could explain that difference

this is pure gold

I think the price difference is just because you purchased all four together, so got a lil discount. They're all the same price individually but when bought together 3 of them get discounted. Nothing to do with the actual set as far as i know

if you purchase just one, individually, the rest will be discounted automatically. i got the Dublin flac for $11, two days ago.. checked the site today, and the others are only $2.50 apiece

A pretty fair pricing policy.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah the details in these are compeling. i swear i can hear 18 (keyosc) in all sets (8:21 in Krakow) as well as many Exai/L-event types of sound... so I dunno why they couldn't be considered Exai tour... but at the same time i can see the live and programming aspects in a different, more dynamic way :wacko:

i paid $18.50 for the WAVs and found it weird the individual track tag prices were $11 for Brussels and $2.50 for the other ones. Bought them all but I wonder what could explain that difference

this is pure gold

I think the price difference is just because you purchased all four together, so got a lil discount. They're all the same price individually but when bought together 3 of them get discounted. Nothing to do with the actual set as far as i know

if you purchase just one, individually, the rest will be discounted automatically. i got the Dublin flac for $11, two days ago.. checked the site today, and the others are only $2.50 apiece

A pretty fair pricing policy.

well, so no worries then. seems ok

yeah the details in these are compeling. i swear i can hear 18 (keyosc) in all sets (8:21 in Krakow) as well as many Exai/L-event types of sound...

this is pure gold

I heard lots of this too, even when I saw them at the Vancouver show during the NA tour. It would only be 3-5 aeconds but it would immediately jump out and register as exai or l event

exactly! so do you think these should be regarded as a continuation/perfection of the 2 previous releases?

i mean, sonically they pertain to the same "universe" so to speak

ps: "3-5 AEconds"

I finally got the invite for my second mail, which i registered just in case. If anybody needs access to buying this stuff, i'm willing to share - PM me.

I guess now they will gradually send it to other registered mails.

yeah the details in these are compeling. i swear i can hear 18 (keyosc) in all sets (8:21 in Krakow) as well as many Exai/L-event types of sound...

this is pure gold

I heard lots of this too, even when I saw them at the Vancouver show during the NA tour. It would only be 3-5 aeconds but it would immediately jump out and register as exai or l event

Brussels 1:03:27 = start of 6852 (??)

this is pure gold

Brussels 1:03:27 = start of 6852 (??)

Ha!

I think you might be right! I was hearing small snippets like that, that I immediately recognized throughout the sets and could place them elsewhere in their discog. I wonder if these are little autechre easter eggs, placed intentionally? Or are they artifacts or part of the production process itself? Or what?

The opening tones of M39 Diffain lead into the energetic bass heavy piece that was used to promote their appearance at bloc. I've noticed this in some of the 2015 recordings (and especially at the Asheville show that I attended). It doesn't seem to be so much the case with the 2014 dates, however.

Downloading now.

I don't know what the "24 hours" thing was all about. I signed up for the mailing list late, didn't get any email about this, but I could still access the store through the links in this thread.

Dunno if this has been mentioned yet but I felt like I was hearing a remix of the drum sections of LCC underneath the "mournful synths" starting at about 50:00 in Brussels, continuing into the acid part that comes in a few minutes later. I am liking these soundboards more and more. :music:

Edit: or maybe they just like gated noise as snares haha - see also 57:00 in Brussels.

BRUSSELS INDIE ROCK OUTRO SO GOOD!!!

Have you heard the whole version of that track? It's the second last one in Ultrecht. It goes full mental after 50:20 into the set. The brussels outro is just the intro to the whole track from what I can tell.

Absolutely insane.

edit: can't tell if that's two tracks or one. I think it is one as the part that kicks in at 51:25 has the same melody as the "indie rock" sounding intro to the track.

Have you heard the whole version of that track? It's the second last one in Ultrecht. It goes full mental after 50:20 into the set. The brussels outro is just the intro to the whole track from what I can tell.

Absolutely insane.

edit: can't tell if that's two tracks or one. I think it is one as the part that kicks in at 51:25 has the same melody as the "indie rock" sounding intro to the track.

Nice! No, I'm not there yet - looking forward to it! I've loved that track ever since the Krakow recordings first surfaced a year ago. I mean I dig all of the set but there's something so refreshing about those beautiful tonalities emerging from the brutal soundscapes that were the rest of the set. Can't wait to hear an extended version!

Absolutely insane.

Nice! No, I'm not there yet - looking forward to it! I've loved that track ever since the Krakow recordings first surfaced a year ago. I mean I dig all of the set but there's something so refreshing about those beautiful tonalities emerging from the brutal soundscapes that were the rest of the set. Can't wait to hear an extended version!

It starts out beautiful, but it turns into something completely different. Hope it doesn't ruin the track for you. Looking forward to your thoughts after you hear it.

Absolutely insane.

It starts out beautiful, but it turns into something completely different. Hope it doesn't ruin the track for you. Looking forward to your thoughts after you hear it.

Not ruined at all - both versions are fantastic. I can still hear the really pretty tones that I first heard in the Krakow set, then it degenerates into a really nice brutal timestretched + ? version. Really well done and great to have both versions. I've always loved how they do transitions when they're at their best - same but different, same but different, until you're like how the hell did they get here from there! :) I really dig the track afterwards as well. Nice crumbly textures and that "gated noise snare" thing they're loving these days.

damn the very end of the Dublin recording sounds like Oversteps melodies& chord progressions combined with this new weird sound design. I wonder if the Oversteps soundboard recordings resemble anything like that

damn the very end of the Dublin recording sounds like Oversteps melodies& chord progressions combined with this new weird sound design. I wonder if the Oversteps soundboard recordings resemble anything like that

Were there even any Overstepsy shows? I was at Melbourne 2010 which was only a couple of months after Oversteps released and it was hard compared to Oversteps. Pretty far removed.

Archived