IGNORED

Joyrex

holy godddam i step away from this forum for a few hours and we get soundboards? what the fucking hell. is this a dream? i haven't gotten an email (yet).

I step away fro 24 hours (which is very fucking exceptional for me) and I miss the fucking cutoff to buy the soundboards?! WTFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I feel you man :cattears:

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I followed the instructions from Autechre.

lol

"This is Sean" the radio crackered. "You must download the SOUNDBOARDS!"

So watmm gotted their invites and blew up the Subforum.

I say we nuke the site from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure.

dude, the show sounded fucking amazing in person. did you see them live recently?

edit: re, Jev (!?)

I was in Krakow. It was absolutely horrible (written a rant about that right after the show).

To me for example it was the most sonically profound music experience of my life and I tend to whine about sound quality a lot (there was no reason for that this time). I've been to some top sounding concerts but nothing was so detailed and balanced as the Krakow show. There's nothing really I can complain about. I'm so glad they've released it as it brings back so many memories. I don't hear any new details though as I was able to hear them during the show.

It is not impossible. I don't believe it is impossible to record all of the audio information within a single spot within a space. I don't know any technical reason how would that be possible. It is just an air pressure and mics record it. And they will record everything in the given spot. Same as your ears are also only hearing what is provided by air in the given spot.

Not quite - we also unconsciously use our head movements and the resulting changes in sound to improve stereo imaging. Not even binaural recordings can reproduce that.

Did everyone else's downloads include a 100x100 black square, or was that just me?

All mine did as well. Did they mess up including the artwork separately? Is there some kind of hidden message in the bits? Was it just to mess with us? We may (probably) never know...

My 24bits art files were all 406 byte black squares too (cheekily enough the colour depth of them is 24 bit too, good ol' TDR :) )

This could be a cheeky homage to the black place-holder saga initiated by the brothers BOC a few years ago.

Maybe.

"That boundary is sort of gone now," says Booth, "because we want to get to a point where we can just spit an album out in real time. I'd say we are close to it, if not actually there already." ( http://www.portlandmercury.com/portland/autechres-electronic-transmissions/Content?oid=16542530)Seems about right.

Guest Chesney

Listened to Brussels last night and afterwards I couldn't sleep. All I could do was lie wide eyed looking at the ceiling in shock thinking that I need to up my musical game.

Listened to Brussels last night and afterwards I couldn't sleep. All I could do was lie wide eyed looking at the ceiling in shock thinking that I need to up my musical game.

That's a pretty dark set. Very minimal. Picks up a bit slow but gets better, imo.

You will get depressed, mate...

holy godddam i step away from this forum for a few hours and we get soundboards? what the fucking hell. is this a dream? i haven't gotten an email (yet).

I step away fro 24 hours (which is very fucking exceptional for me) and I miss the fucking cutoff to buy the soundboards?! WTFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I feel you man :cattears:

wa(i)t, are ppl really frozen out from buying these b/c they missed the mailing list window? If so that's just cruel & unusual :catcry: :catcry: :catcry: can anyone halp get these guys sorted? (pls)

Just listening to Krakow now, amazon. I tried getting into the crowd recording a few months ago but found the wall of sound a little too harsh. Looking forward to full headphone immersion with the others over the weekend...

Now if someone can just tell me what to do with these black squares I'll be all set... anyone here autistic enough to check the file headers for secrete links to preemium content?

Guest Chesney

Nah, depression is not for me, I really struggle to write dark stuff nowadays.

I'm happy with my sound really, what I really meant was that for a live recording it's far more future sounding than anything current that is trying purposely to be the next thing. Not naming any names.

Nah, depression is not for me, I really struggle to write dark stuff nowadays.

I'm happy with my sound really, what I really meant was that for a live recording it's far more future sounding than anything current that is trying purposely to be the next thing. Not naming any names.

Well, I think it is not really that live. I believe there was a shitload of pre-programming and other preparations for the set. You can then tweak it a lot (as we can hear) but I believe it would play nicely even without humans involved. To me, it is basically a complete production that is then tweaked live.

Well of course but it's certainly not DJing. ;) jk

Not DJing but a cleverly programmed rules that give sophisticated results with minimum input. It must have been a hard work to create.

anyone still not able to get in? i got confirmation emails with two different email accts but no invite and the forgot password thing tells me that neither email is on the list even tho both got confirmed... weird. pretty sure i signed up before 24hrs was up, and before some people who have already got in.

not a huge deal, i can be patient. just wondering if this has happened to anyone else

Archived