IGNORED

Joyrex

I don't think the acoustics are important in an Autechre recording. If anything, it diminishes the quality of the recording, as room reverb sounds awful on all that bass. Room recordings sound better sometimes (Strapping Young Lad's No Sleep 'Till Bedtime and Current 93's How I Devoured Apocalypse Balloon come to mind, as well as a lot of Death In June and Throbbing Gristle live albums), but in general soundboards sound significantly better in every way, especially with electronic music like Autechre.

I'd agree, and I'd pay for it. From Ae's perspective though, they're blasting this insanely laboured-over sound art into a room... you have to imagine that they're going for the best possible results -- working with the physical dimensions of the room, volume, mix, etc. that's a whole art in itself, it's nice to think that there's the possibility of the music sounding augmented, enhanced, more 'powerful' in an open air scenario. it's not strictly meant to be heard in a sterile vacuum.

I doubt that they're aware of the exact acoustics of each venue where they play. Don't the venues have audio engineers who set up the acoustics before the show begins? I don't think I've heard of a musician who engineers their own shows at the venue.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think the acoustics are important in an Autechre recording. If anything, it diminishes the quality of the recording, as room reverb sounds awful on all that bass. Room recordings sound better sometimes (Strapping Young Lad's No Sleep 'Till Bedtime and Current 93's How I Devoured Apocalypse Balloon come to mind, as well as a lot of Death In June and Throbbing Gristle live albums), but in general soundboards sound significantly better in every way, especially with electronic music like Autechre.

I'd agree, and I'd pay for it. From Ae's perspective though, they're blasting this insanely laboured-over sound art into a room... you have to imagine that they're going for the best possible results -- working with the physical dimensions of the room, volume, mix, etc. that's a whole art in itself, it's nice to think that there's the possibility of the music sounding augmented, enhanced, more 'powerful' in an open air scenario. it's not strictly meant to be heard in a sterile vacuum.

I doubt that they're aware of the exact acoustics of each venue where they play. Don't the venues have audio engineers who set up the acoustics before the show begins? I don't think I've heard of a musician who engineers their own shows at the venue.

I agree.

Moreover, it is technically impossible to mix your music for the entire room if the acoustics sucks as the frequency response and reverberation times changes drastically every few centimetres. It is why professional studios invest such a huge money into acoustics so that their rooms provide the most similar experience no matter where you stand in it. No club I have been to had such acoustic treatment (most of them have none at all).

I tried that thing StephenG suggested and I was told no account exists with the email address: email address which I subscribed.

It will only work if you confirmed the original email but did not get an invite as a result of the glitch.

Did you subscribe but accidentally forget to hit up the confirmation email? =/

I'm sure you guys are all aware that all the artworks flow into each other when put side by side, but I lined them up anyways... here ya go!

You should get the direct links off the site for glorious resolution:

64057.jpg

64271.jpg

64272.jpg

64274.jpg

64273.jpg

How do I do that clever spoiler tag thing?

Guest complicatedNoisDRGN

I tried that thing StephenG suggested and I was told no account exists with the email address: email address which I subscribed.

It will only work if you confirmed the original email but did not get an invite as a result of the glitch.

Did you subscribe but accidentally forget to hit up the confirmation email? =/

I followed the instructions from Autechre. When nothing happened I thought it could be that your suggestion would get my invite out but it apparently didn't work for me.

I'm sure you guys are all aware that all the artworks flow into each other when put side by side, but I lined them up anyways... here ya go!

lol... I didn't quite get that into it. But no matter what order you put them in they all seem to go together due to the pattern... pretty cool. Also, I notice Utrecht is made up more more small triangles whereas the others are less, larger chucks. I wonder if that is any reference to the content of it's just TDR.

64057.jpg

64271.jpg

64272.jpg

64274.jpg

64273.jpg

YAY finally downloaded them all

Same here! Just finishing up Krakow now (amazing... just so QUALITY), then to sleep. The rest will have to wait for the weekend. Something nice to look forward to :music:

Edit: Gotta say the ending of Krakow is kinda weird lol.. very abrupt changes.

I followed the instructions from Autechre.

lol

"This is Sean" the radio crackered. "You must download the SOUNDBOARDS!"

So watmm gotted their invites and blew up the Subforum.

64057.jpg

64271.jpg

64272.jpg

64274.jpg

64273.jpg

Fuck, too late to edit. Thanks tho.

Also can we take a moment and appreciate that dope ass beat that comes in Krakow ~47:20? Absolutely genius, does it take precedence more in any of the other sets?

Guest complicatedNoisDRGN

I followed the instructions from Autechre.

lol

"This is Sean" the radio crackered. "You must download the SOUNDBOARDS!"

So watmm gotted their invites and blew up the Subforum.

In this case their server glitched and I didn't get my invite.

have you submitted a helpdesk ticket to the autechres?

I submitted a note by carrier pigeon earlier for a different autechre issue. I am concerned my little feller hasn't come home yet. =(

has anyone who signed up within 24 hours who got a confirmation email back not gotten a followup email yet? the suspense is killing me. i still havent even seen a comment in here about what they sound like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you go to the link and hit forgot password it will give you the followup email.

SAme thing happened to me.

Like, follow the link in the confirmation email and do the forgot password process. Hope that helps.

Man, I got the "Subscription Confirmed" message off the link in the e-mail, but no forgot password option from there.

has anyone who signed up within 24 hours who got a confirmation email back not gotten a followup email yet? the suspense is killing me. i still havent even seen a comment in here about what they sound like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you go to the link and hit forgot password it will give you the followup email.

SAme thing happened to me.

Like, follow the link in the confirmation email and do the forgot password process. Hope that helps.

Man, I got the "Subscription Confirmed" message off the link in the e-mail, but no forgot password option from there.

https://autechre.bleepstores.com/login/auth

Please try this link, use the forgot password function there. Enter the email that you confirmed subscription with. =)

holy godddam i step away from this forum for a few hours and we get soundboards? what the fucking hell. is this a dream? i haven't gotten an email (yet).

I step away fro 24 hours (which is very fucking exceptional for me) and I miss the fucking cutoff to buy the soundboards?! WTFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Archived