IGNORED

The "Life" Thread

LimpyLoo

@adieu

Sounds like you're on top of it pretty well

I might have to do that

(Is it painful and/or expensive?)

Going for a glucose and gluten free diet was the best thing I ever did.

When'd you start that?

Everyone I've met on a keto-ish diet seems really happy about it

Sent from my pee-pee using poo-poo

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uh meditation was not "folk wisdom" for centuries. Hell people in "the west" barely knew it existed until very recently.

In the east it has long been an established practice. Yes they might not have had a physiological understanding of what it did to the body, but they had a system with reproducible results.

Maybe we're looking at folk wisdom from two different perspectives. For me folk wisdom entails stuff like "hang a dead rabbit outside to keep the plague away"

Or

"All fat is bad for you"

Hey man even the bhagavad gita says you should eat lots of fat.

You being serious? Cause I distinctly remember you giving me shit for taking vitamins and being a weirdo about health and nutrition.

On the topic of gluten this was published today.

Apparently they are starting to figure out more reasons why not just celiacs are gluten sensitive, and that goes beyond cross reaction of wheat protein and inflammation.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2015/12/09/459061317/a-protein-in-the-gut-may-explain-why-some-cant-stomach-gluten

Right now I'm at about 40 vitamins a day, but part of that is fixing my gut health which requires more supplementation than normal.

@adieu

Sounds like you're on top of it pretty well

I might have to do that

(Is it painful and/or expensive?)

When'd you start that?

Everyone I've met on a keto-ish diet seems really happy about it

Just got the wavesense presto off amazon. Was recommended by tim ferris. Can couple it with a free agamatrix app for keeping a data log. It depends on your pain threshold but it's relatively pain free. the lancet is very thin and you can set the depth of the pricking mechanism. I'd read the directions first. It's not complicated but it is slightly nuanced. It's pretty cheap for the diabetic testing stuff, but when you start looking at doing ketone blood testing the strips are extremely pricey. I've been doing urine testing for ketones. It's not near as accurate, but it gets you most of the way there for a fraction of the cost.

One of hte things about keto is that it shocks the fuck out of your body initially so you'll likely feel like shit for a week or two. Right now I'm in that adjustment period. My metabolism is switching from glucose burning to fat burning (lamens terms) and eventually I'll have a much increased metabolic flexibility for having done this.

The most important aspect I'm trying to fix is my chronic sinusitis. My theory is that removal of sugars will not allow bacteria to thrive in my body and I will eventually be cured. I will also have better gut flora due to decreased sugar intake, and my overall resilience should be increased. Part of the evidence I've used to support this theory is that I would have sinus reactions when I consume carbs and sugars.

I'm also on day 11 of a 30 day "no fap". I have theories about the function of ejaculation in males so I'm investigating tantric practices.

Also, I'm regrowing my hair line with supplementation, orgasm control, overall health focus, and topical application of lipogaine with intermittent needle roller therapy at the hair line. Some people made a thread here about how you can't keep your hair if you suffer from MPB, but mine has been growing back for around a year now. I've experimented a lot.

The keto diet is very hard to stick to because of how much time you have to spend preparing and cooking food. Really tough with my work schedule. And I always felt hungry even after paying close attention to my macros. But when it's working, it's like your body is free from any stress or baggage. Fantastic.

I'll be back to reading r/keto in no time, but what helpful tips or tricks are there to sticking with this diet?

Welcome Back Limpy

You're on thin ice, mate

As are you.

Really? Did you read this and thread and the 'how to fix the Internet' thread?

So folks can mock me (in a highly mean-spirited way), and if I reply in kind then I'm the one on thin ice?

Please tell me you're joking. Seriously...

Welcome Back Limpy

You're on thin ice, mate

As are you.

So folks can mock me (in a highly mean-spirited way), and if I reply in kind then I'm the one on thin ice?

Welcome Back Limpy

You're on thin ice, mate

As are you.

Welcome Back Limpy

You're on thin ice, mate

As are you.

Really? Did you read this thread and the 'how to fix the Internet' thread?

Welcome Back Limpy
You're on thin ice, mate

As are you.

Really? Did you read this thread and the 'how to fix the Internet' thread?

Edited for nightmarish formatting

Guest Chesney

Once you realise that all the people behind the usernames are normal people with less friends than you and all they are doing is filling time for their amusement then nothing can harm you. Assume every post is a joke because 99% of the time it is just for lols and anyone who takes it past that to serious mode is a kook anyway who does not deserve your time. Water off a ducks back mate. Now buy my jupiter!

@Limpy, Yes, I was joking but it was also to hold a mirror in front of you in the way you 'threaten' another member just jokingly calling you out on your own inconsistencies (you keep announcing you're leaving with dramatic posts and threads, and then staying - this is still in peoples memory: http://forum.watmm.com/topic/87960-i-think-im-done-posting-here/ )

+ What Chesney said.

@Limpy, Yes, I was joking but it was also to hold a mirror in front of you in the way you 'threaten' another member just jokingly calling you out on your own inconsistencies (you keep announcing you're leaving with dramatic posts and threads, and then staying - this is still in peoples memory: http://forum.watmm.com/topic/87960-i-think-im-done-posting-here/ )

+ What Chesney said.

lol, you got me Herr

(P.S. You'll notice I didn't have a mean word to say in that thread,

But indeed I should really bite my tongue anytime I'm considering peacing out over irreconcilable differences)

LIMPY good podcast I recommend is The Tim Ferris Show, its right up your alley, he always have super interesting guest experts on issues you tried to addressed with this thread.

---

Another good similar podcast is Here We Are, kind of like a diet Tim Ferris show

Archived