IGNORED

several free booze days a week

pyramidpanes

I don't usually drink on week days, unless there's something on.

But when you're into your drinking there is always something on. Even if there isn't.

Has to be something good to tolerate a midweek hangover. Just aint worth it otherwise.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I drink on Sunday's because my friend bartends at a super fancy bar and I can take my friends and girlfriend out for basically nothing. On weekdays I never drink more than a day or two, mostly red wine or I'll make myself incredibly sweet cocktails like a real man.

Weed on the other hand... I need to smoke less of.

Whiskey is a pretty hardcore drink. No doubt about it. If you go on a whiskey sesh, then make sure you're a good boy scout and be prepared. Done it only a few times and enjoyed it immensely (but had the wisdom and known when to bail out before it gets too messy)

I've met a few characters in the past where their nose has almost rotted through savage whiskey drinking. Mmm not for me, I prefer an ale lol.

Whiskey is a pretty hardcore drink. No doubt about it. If you go on a whiskey sesh, then make sure you're a good boy scout and be prepared. Done it only a few times and enjoyed it immensely (but had the wisdom and known when to bail out before it gets too messy)

I've met a few characters in the past where their nose has almost rotted through savage whiskey drinking. Mmm not for me, I prefer an ale lol.

I've recently started to drink whiskey on its own. Quiet good nights, didn't seem to get too plastered either. Its better than beer if you're trying to lose weight or what not. Just make sure you buy some good stuff, otherwise it'll be hell.

The whiskey nose thing is just any alcohol, its bad circulation to the nose. Sure whiskey is 99% alcohol and water.

I have never noticed this except in concert with drinking, and I've seen it on French older men as well, and vagrant alcoholic women. It's a pretty accepted repercussion of alcoholism, I can't say if it more frequently effects any ethnic group specifically, this is something I can't speak to, but I can categorically say that if "old English men" don't drink to excess, it is unlikely that they'll get this fucked up nose.

whiskey nose is not actually a thing its just that a lot of old english blokes get and and it just so happens that they also drink a lot

Rosacea

Alcohol induces vasodilation and facial flushing in people who have rosacea. However, alcohol is not the cause of the skin disease in most people.

Although the classic ‘drinker's nose’ (rhinophyma) was thought to be related to excess alcohol consumption, it has never been proven. In a case-control study of 175 people with rosacea and 145 people with normal skin, there was no significant difference in alcohol consumption between the two groups.

Interesting,175 people eh. I wonder if I've seen more than that in my life with that problem when going to random pubs, but never on the general sample at the mall. I remain skeptical.

I've seen it badly on a few oldish blokes, they were Irish though and not English. And we all know the Irish can handle a drop or two :dry:

Ah now.

But it seems to be a pretty western european affliction. I don't see many. Alex Ferguson is the only person I can think of.

I thought it was something to do with blood vessels on the nose getting smaller. But it seems to just be a skin condition.

Thanks for not freaking out cause I kind of disagreed man, I was kind of apprehensive about the reaction to my post, you're an example to all watmmkind.

on the wine front, if you keep it to weekends and dont binge, you can probably afford to explore what Bordeaux, Burgundy and various others have to offer, which is a genuine treat

i tried this, but being a fusion of British & Irish genetics it all ended up with a bottle of bourbon/brandy a night. Managed to hold down a curatorial job fine, then found over time i couldnt swallow freely. Went to the Dr's who said "keep it up at it at this rate and you'll be dead in 6months"

sober 3 years and a few days (i forgot which day exactly), the Margaux t'other night was a thimble's worth and yes i smelled and smelled the delicious aromas of that specific cork too

it was a bit like this, but without a hip flask and also without ex-policeman Jansen's DT's:

tumblr_m1ymet5lWL1qfqdmq.gif

Archived