IGNORED

several free booze days a week

pyramidpanes

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol at beer/ale/cider drinkers who are used to drinking pints and then go on the wine. I've done many bottle of sauvignon blanc in about an hour (or less!). It all goes down the neck at the same pace!

I never understood wine. I guess I am more a whiskey and beer guy. My buddy is studying to be a sommelier though.

I'm trying to avoid drinking but I keep drinking at get-togethers on the weekend. I don't generally drink on weekdays, so I guess I don't belong in this thread...

I never understood wine. I guess I am more a whiskey and beer guy. My buddy is studying to be a sommelier though.

I'm trying to avoid drinking but I keep drinking at get-togethers on the weekend. I don't generally drink on weekdays, so I guess I don't belong in this thread...

I didn't really care for wine until one day it clicked. I think it was one particular wine from our area, a buddy works as a viticulturist on the east side of the state and brought me some wines and it rocked my world. I have never felt more poofy lol.

Beer used to be my favorite and I used to take down bottles no problem, now an IPA or two has me burping up hop sludge and feeling like I ate a loaf of bread. I don't really drink more than a day or two a week, I had parents who were heavy drinkers so I always feel embarrassed when I get drunk in front of people and feel weird drinking alone. Hard booze is great and I can appreciate the flavors, but unless it's a total non-manly drink with lots of fruit and sugar, I don't really like drinking hard liquor.

It is rather funny that drinking a solvent that depresses our nervous system is considered the norm. People been drinkin' forever, yo.

(Sounds of StephenG coming to beat me with a bottle of liquor)

(Sounds of StephenG coming to beat me with a bottle of liquor)

bottley_harm_photo_2660.jpg

lol it looks like he's hitting himself with a bottle but it was the best I could find!

:beer::beer:

Edit: I've actually been generally off the sauce for a while. I only have a few beers during the week, trying to address my blood pressure and all that. =)

Ha, yeah, that's the funny thing... apparently my part of the state has some great wine. I guess I'm missing out. What was/were the bottle(s) that did it for you?

I'm starting to get similar weird effects from IPAs too - I still love getting beat over the head with some pungent hops, although everyone I know seems to think that's immature or something. That and I'm trying to limit my carbs to try to lose my love handles. Whiskey has been good to me but it's not as socially acceptable. I don't much like drinking alone either, there's alcoholism in my family as well and I guess it just doesn't occur to me to drink when I'm by myself.

The social aspect really is weird. I still often wonder why weed didn't beat out alcohol for the people's inebriant. I guess there's probably obvious reasons if I think hard about it.

I'm taking a month off the booze to reset my habits. I certainly get a lot more done when I'm not hung over two days out of the week.

I didn't really care for wine until one day it clicked. I think it was one particular wine from our area, a buddy works as a viticulturist on the east side of the state and brought me some wines and it rocked my world. I have never felt more poofy lol.

Wine is amazing, so much good wine. There's a fantastic cafe/wine bar in Seattle called Purple (it's on 4th ave) - the food is ok, but the wine selection is fucking amazing. And the sommelier is awesome, he loves his job and you can tell.

California/PacNW has some amazing wines - and I include BC in that.

I love going to the US cause you kind find amazing deals on wines at places like fred fucking meyer (liquor is stupid expensive in BC).

Anyways I'm going to have a beer now. Must have alcohol when writing about North Korea.

this thread dont half crank up a thirst

wine, where do u even begin? probably with an empty bottle

last few hits that stood out: a kind old soul introduced me to Stag's Leap Merlot in the US, highly quaff-able with the last good steak i had too

a drive through France takes some beating, you can go west coast (Brittany/cider, then the Loire, then Bordeaux, then gun it down to the Pyrenees/south coast with a wagon full of heaven, or traverse east-side if you want a taste of all those whites, plus Burgundy (dribblin nowwww), Rhone valley, C9dP's,,,,,,

any livers could well end up mutineers doe

yep, definitely makes a difference the further you are from thirty. the biggest problem for me is getting up in the morning, I work from home so it's easy to lie in if I've had a bottle of wine the night before.

I'd also say drinking by yourself isn't so great the further you are from thirty. That's something to be aware of. Then again sitting down the boozer every night of the week with your misfit alcoholic family is a bit sad too (I've done both lol).

You know when something isn't good for you, so you can carry on for a while, but sooner or later you have to do what's right. I really love my drink (not just getting drunk, but love tasty vintage beer, wine and cider) and I didn't want to loose that.

What was funny, I once went to a Alcoholics Anonymous meeting at my local church. Hah, fuck, just makes me laugh looking back. So I'm convinced that I've got this massive drink problem (which was really just a stupid habit). It was one of the best things I ever did 'cause after meeting with these characters and sitting through the session I quickly realize that these people are in a whole different league to me. One sniff of wine and they are fucking full moon werewolf, tasmanian devil mode. It was funny but tragic, and I didn't sit too well with the creepy religious overtones of the whole thing. Anyway cutting to the chase, I'm glad I went, I actually went straight down my local and celebrated with a pint 'cause it was enlightening to know I wasn't a total fucking booze maniac like those weirdos back at the church :dry:

Pretty much sums up my feelings on booze. Used to drink a few beers pretty much every night. I know I wasn't a crazed alcoholic but I knew it couldn't have been doing my health (or bank balance) any good. It was mostly out of boredom, anyway. I generally stick to weekend or social drinking these days.

i drink once a week, ive cut down the amount though. when i was 21 i would drink a litre of spirits + a bottle of wine + 10-15 beers in one session.

now its more like 12 beers and 12 shots worth of spirits or something, and im usually in my bed by midday. i rarely drink anything sunday to friday though. dont really see any benefit drinking 4 pints, doesnt really do much, and just costs a shitload of money if you are out being sociable in a bar.

I'd believe mess, the photo's he has posted of his party-times and concert outings are pretty solid proof the dude is a gladiator who goes hard to the paint with drugs and booze. No offense, just sayin'.

I had not had much drink in the last two weeks, went out with the GF last night, got fucking wrecked off of what would be totally easy to handle at the peak of my drinking. Puked this morning and have spent the better part of today feeling sick and tired. Alcohol kinda sucks.

Archived